Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thistles

Options
  • 27-06-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi all , i have a new lawn sown since last september i have noticed recently a lot of thistles starting to appear , reading from other threads using a glyphosate stick to spot threat them is very effective , my question is where do i buy a glyphosate stick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Alternatively use any general weedkiller containing glysophate, eg Roundup available in concentrate or ready to use. Simply carefully apply amounts of weedkiller to the leaves with a small paint brush/artist brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

Thanks for the reply, i have since got a good look at the lawn and there is an awful lot of thistels to individually cover, is there anything i can spray all over that will destroy the thistels but wont harm my grass?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It would probably be quicker to just pull them than spot treat them. Once your lawn gets established and you are cutting it they will not be a problem.

Advertisement