Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GYM around ballymote?

Options
  • 27-06-2010 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

hi all
    just moved to the area. does anyone know if theres a decent gym around ballymote? what about places to run?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

No gym near Ballymote afailk.

I have been running around Ballymote for a good while. There is some nice challenging routes to take depending on how far you want to run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Closest one would be Ballysadare is day. Town isnt all that far away and the mercy college and riverside gyms are very good. You also have the sports complex in cleveragh which is just a min drive from markevicz park really, and a bit further past town a few hotel gyms. Clarion prob been the best bet of the hotels. There is a boxing club in Ballinacarrow, kickboxing in Collooney and as for runs im sure there are a few good routes if you get chatting to ballymote locals. Check as many as possible out, Im sure you'll find something you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hoggy1012

Thanks joepenguin loads there for me to check out will take a while… slidey where do you run? I wouldn’t want to be on the roads .. do you know if there is any mountain trail around? The mountains near collooney seem promising but I couldn’t find a trail any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

A good few people run in union wood and down in Hazelwood. Wouldn't be that keen on running on rough surfaces myself incase I did in an ankle.

I run on the roads, have a fairly bright top and reflective arm bands. Never had any close ones yet *knock on wood!

Advertisement