Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain bike tracks in Meath/Navan

Options
  • 27-06-2010 10:51am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

HI,

I usually go for a spin on the mtb down the ramparts in navan but am looking for a better/harder off-road track somewhere around navan ??

anyone know of such a trail ??

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

There is/was a trail around bective I think. Part of a biathlon in Feb?
    Ask at the cycle store beside St. Marys. If you find one, could you let me know. I'm cycling between Trim and Navan (when I can) for fitness.
    Navan Cycle Centre. Belfry View Church hl Navan Meath. (046)9022477

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fasterkayote

karltimber wrote: »
    HI,

I usually go for a spin on the mtb down the ramparts in navan but am looking for a better/harder off-road track somewhere around navan ??

K

Im looking for same. I tried before from navan town to dalgan park then inside the park itself only to be reprimanded- i didnt see the no biking sign.

let me know please if you here any. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Wiley1

The Ramparts are your best option for a track close to Navan, Slane castle has a nice track all the way through it (triathalon there before) but again you'd probably need permission. (free world me ar5e)

I don't understand Dalgan park, it's an insurance thing I'd imagine, That place was open to everyone for everything a few years back until some guy fell playing handball and tried to claim, after that the place was locked down essentially.

Hop in a car, do a Supervalu weekend in Charleville and head out to Ballyhoura and it's one of the best things you'll do with your clothes on. Best mountain bike trails in Europe and totally free....

PS. Bring a helmet and plenty of water....

karltimber wrote: »
    HI,

K

Advertisement