Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone stabbed in Ard Dara Ferrybank last night?

• 27-06-2010 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Heard last night someone had their throat slashed in Ard Dara yesterday. Apparently some 16yr old found his girlfriend in bed with another fella so lost the plot and slashed his throat with a stanley knife? One of the lads met 4 squad cars, the paddy wagon and two motor cycle cops heading in there around 6ish yesterday, so something defo happened. Also heard some young fella was knocked down in a hit and run in ferrybank yesterday too.

Anyone hear any thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

wow, if this is true this town has gone to sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

I cant find anything in the news yet, heard the fellas name too, prob cant post it though yet.

Yea knife crime is spiralling out of control lately. Im of the opinion there should be a mandatory 3 yr sentence for possession of a knife, no ifs or buts just 3 years banged up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Don't they have a zero poiicy on
    knife's in the UK?

I think something has to be done here, between this the stabbing last week and the poor lad down the park Waterford seems to going downhill!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

aws wrote: »
    Also heard some young fella was knocked down in a hit and run in ferrybank yesterday too.

Anyone hear any thing?

I can confirm that there was a young lad being attended to in the car park of Spar at around 8.30ish last night, the gardai and ambulance were there, dont know what actually happened to him, but there was a mention of him been hit by a car

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Heard last night someone had their throat slashed in Ard Dara yesterday. Apparently some 16yr old found his girlfriend in bed with another fella so lost the plot and slashed his throat with a stanley knife? One of the lads met 4 squad cars, the paddy wagon and two motor cycle cops heading in there around 6ish yesterday, so something defo happened. Also heard some young fella was knocked down in a hit and run in ferrybank yesterday too.

Anyone hear any thing?

Is that not the same estate where the perp for the knife crime in the Glen is from? Also, is that estate not in Co. Kilkenny - just for clarity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

I cant find anything in the news yet, heard the fellas name too, prob cant post it though yet.

Yea knife crime is spiralling out of control lately. Im of the opinion there should be a mandatory 3 yr sentence for possession of a knife, no ifs or buts just 3 years banged up.

yes 5 years would be better though and 15 yrs for using one...

ahh but theres more important things to be worked on with this joke of a coalition like stag hunting,alternative shops and seanad expenses vouchers...and the summer hols...wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Also, is that estate not in Co. Kilkenny - just for clarity!

Yes it is but I don't see what that has to do with anything, a lot of the houses are allocated to people on the Waterford city housing list, besides its part of ferrybank which is part of Waterford City, regardless of boundaries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

There are legitimate reasons for having a knife.

The problem is not making criminals serve out their full sentence.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dayshah wrote: »
    There are legitimate reasons for having a knife.

The problem is not making criminals serve out their full sentence.

I think aws's suggestion may apply to anyone that uses a knife in a crime or walks around with a knife in their pocket.

There is no legit reason for walking around a city with a knife in your pocket

Cabaal wrote: »
    I think aws's suggestion may apply to anyone that uses a knife in a crime or walks around with a knife in their pocket.

There is no legit reason for walking around a city with a knife in your pocket

I used to work somewhere that required a stanley knife. I suppose people could register if they have a legitimate reason to carry it around town, and you can't register if you are general scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

dayshah wrote: »
    I used to work somewhere that required a stanley knife. I suppose people could register if they have a legitimate reason to carry it around town, and you can't register if you are general scumbag.

What if you've just bought a nice, fancy steak knife in town and you're walking home with it? Would you realistically go to apply for a license to carry home a knife from town that you bought to cut bread, steak, cheese etc...

In my line of work I use surgical quality scalpels, designed for cutting flesh! (which I have done to myself on occasion :mad:) What if I'm after buying a few blades and handles and innocently walking back to work/home from town?

All I'm saying is that I agree we need some sort of preventative measure on knife crime in the city, but in reality it would be hard to implement and police in a just manner!

Chochese wrote: »
    What if you've just bought a nice, fancy steak knife in town and you're walking home with it? Would you realistically go to apply for a license to carry home a knife from town that you bought to cut bread, steak, cheese etc...

In my line of work I use surgical quality scalpels, designed for cutting flesh! (which I have done to myself on occasion :mad:) What if I'm after buying a few blades and handles and innocently walking back to work/home from town?

All I'm saying is that I agree we need some sort of preventative measure on knife crime in the city, but in reality it would be hard to implement and police in a just manner!

I agree. To be honest I think its better just to make scumbags serve full sentences for laws that already exist, rather than create new laws that they'll just be released for after 6 months anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Is that not the same estate where the perp for the knife crime in the Glen is from? Also, is that estate not in Co. Kilkenny - just for clarity!
    ah yeah definately kilkenny!! its amazing the way when say hurling is on that people up around ferrybank say there from kilkenny but when something bad happens "oh no thats part of waterford"

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

ah yeah definately kilkenny!! its amazing the way when say hurling is on that people up around ferrybank say there from kilkenny but when something bad happens "oh no thats part of waterford"

I appreciate it might seem trivial to some people the title given to headline news. However, I would prefer it mentioned South Kilkenny rather than Waterford and therefore, should be contained in the Kilkenny region on boards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

anybody hear anymore about this.nothing on any of the news channels about the stabbing or someone being knocked down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

I appreciate it might seem trivial to some people the title given to headline news. However, I would prefer it mentioned South Kilkenny rather than Waterford and therefore, should be contained in the Kilkenny region on boards!!
    very well said yes boss!!!!

Lads, please dont bring up this Waterford/Kilkenny divide again. This thread stays here, also there has yet to be any confirmation of this actually happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

The cops must have been busy yesterday evening, two squad cars came tearing down around Bromley in ardkeen village yesterday evening around 7 as I was driving out, by the time I got around to Ardkeen stores there were another 2 squad cars and an unmarked pulled up there and looked to have some one in the back. Must have chased through from ardkeen village, whatever was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

are people sure it was his throat maybe the back of his neck maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

deise48 wrote: »
    are people sure it was his throat maybe the back of his neck maybe?

We haven't even established that anyone has been stabbed yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

that in my view is really nit picking...the persons involved are more than likely Waterford folk anyway and where ever it happens in the general city area it effects us all equally.

Trying to draw a geographical ring around bad events is not going to solve anything.

jasus are things that bad that were fighting over whether Ard Dara is in waterford or kk ! As far as i know the fella is ok, alot of stitches but ok.

Im from kk and i cant give a ****e where it happened but it did, i have bein told who got "sliced" and who done it! It still happened regardless. Very childish YES BOSS. Its not a game of hurling we are talking about!!!

If a mod thinks its appropriate then can they move this thread to the County Kilkenny Forum.

Regards
    Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Pathetic.

Right, anymore of this Waterford/Kilkenny crap and this thread gets locked and infractions will also be handed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Surely we would have had an offical source on this by now had there been a "serious" incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

there was a young lad from the johns park area brought to theatre on sat night for stitches to two slash wounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Right, anymore of this Waterford/Kilkenny crap and this thread gets locked and infractions will also be handed out.
    and no more ice cream for all the bold boy's and girl's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Mooley22 wrote: »
    anybody hear anymore about this.nothing on any of the news channels about the stabbing or someone being knocked down?

Yes a stabbing did happen in ard dara a friend lives next door and said the man attacked was able to walk to ambulance the boy who done it is from same area bout 60-65 houses away , i do not know how the man is now as our `local radio`:rolleyes: never covers these kind of incidents billy mccarthy seems to be too pc and afraid of bein sued or some bull , aparently thats why he did not cover the murder last week :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Have to wait for the front of the wateford today so.

Advertisement