Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening Ports on eircom router

Options
  • 27-06-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    I'm currently trying to forward ports on my router to allow for online gaming on my ps3. I was directed to a website which suggested that i open ports on my router in order to make the nat type less strict (currently on nat type 3) on my ps3. There were a number of ports listed most of which i have been able to open except two which are TCP 80 and TCP 443. Whenever i try to open these the router tells me that the "Global port range overlaps with HTTP" or "HTTPS". Any help with this matter is appreciated. FYI my router model is an eircom motorola netopia 2247-62. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Seems a bit odd but make sure you the option to remote control your router for the outside is turned off. (For example the web site that you go to could be accessed by someone on outside your network).

Does anything not work with just those 2 ports not forwarded? And while you at it ring eircom.

edit: scratch that you probably have the new routers that have all the services set up for you. Hit the drop down menu in nat and look for http and https which are already defined. Enable or edit them and chose your ps3's address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Opening/forwarding ports willy-nilly is not a good idea. Find out exactly what ports need to be forwarded and forward only those (although I don't see any reason why you should need to allow inbound connection initiation in the first place tbh).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bunfluff

hi folks, i am looking to open ports for bf3 on my eircom router, i have opened all ports required, all of them with its own service name. this dose not allow me to join multiplayer games. i have previously opened these ports before but i am pretty sure they where all under the one service name and i cant remember how i did it, i have checked out portforward.com etc, but have had no success. any advise is appreciated

Advertisement