Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange footprints

Options
  • 27-06-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Last wednesday I came across strange footprints at the banks of Poulaphouca reservoir in Wicklow. l was not able to recognize them. l talk to few friends who are interested in wildlife, but same result. Maybe it is hoax. But it was on place where not too many people are going. Hundreds meters from the road.
    They are big in size. There is comparision with my shoeprint and l wear size 12.
    Coul you recognize, what could it be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

Ive no idea big heron maybe? You should post this in the nature section as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 peter74

It is not a bird. they have only four fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

a very big rat i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

peter74 wrote: »
    It is not a bird. they have only four fingers.

I see...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

the lough ness monster having a mid week break in blessington??????? maybe he got a good deal 3 nights B&B and 2 dinners in the local hotel???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 peter74

the lough ness monster having a mid week break in blessington??????? maybe he got a good deal 3 nights B&B and 2 dinners in the local hotel???

Bless ness monster, alliens. Good idea to support tourism in Wicklow. Maybe l should become a guide for american tourists.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Looks suspiciously like a hand print.
    The heel part is spikey, like a thumb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If it had feet that large it had avery small gait,the prints are only a few inches apart and not arranged like proper tracks...unless of course the 'animal' hopped along with his feet together.
    An 'oax is my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Emperor penguin in stilletto healed sandals with an extra finger.
    Or a mutant Cassowary.
    Surprisingly dangerous little sods they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

peter74 wrote: »
    Last wednesday I came across strange footprints at the banks of Poulaphouca reservoir in Wicklow. l was not able to recognize them. l talk to few friends who are interested in wildlife, but same result. Maybe it is hoax. But it was on place where not too many people are going. Hundreds meters from the road.
    They are big in size. There is comparision with my shoeprint and l wear size 12.
    Coul you recognize, what could it be?

they look like a hoax the heel looks too deep towards the front of the prints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Four toes - its a Dodo

Advertisement