Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for tattoo text in Ireland?

• 27-06-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all, basically my next tattoo is to be all writing-an extract from a poem-& as this will be my first time getting any writing done I was wondering what place/artist has the best reputation for writing?
    It's to be on my inner arm, nothing fancy, not a very long extract, but smaller writing rather than big lettering.

~Katie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

You didn't say whether it was upper or lower inner arm, different skin in both places so they take ink differently. Only problem with small text is if you go too small, over time the ink can "bleed" and so some letters may become a bit unclear. Check the size of writing you're going for isn't too small. Script isn't all that complex so any competent artist who can produce crisp black lines can do a top class job. If they don't have samples of fine script work available, check out their black & grey work. If you're seeing crisp, well defind linework, then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KatieEgg

Lower arm, the writing isn't to be small enough to bleed-I know full well there is a limit to how small you can go with detail like that-but I have seen smaller writing done dodgey & just wanted a few suggestions or places with a good rep for writing, then of course I would check out portfolios myself.
    I didn't really think about seeing black & grey work well defined rather than just seeing text so ta for that.

~Katie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Most artists should be able to do script. Id be worried about any that couldnt do it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KatieEgg

Hah, yeah, but this particular tattoo is very important to me & I just wanted someone who was especially awesome with lettering as opposede to just adequate, ya know?

Advertisement