Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange footprints

• 27-06-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32

Last wednesday I came across strange footprints at the banks of Poulaphouca reservoir in Wicklow. l was not able to recognize them. l talk to few friends who are interested in wildlife, but same result. Maybe it is hoax. But it was on place where not too many people are going. Hundreds meters from the road.
    They are big in size. There is comparision with my shoeprint and l wear size 12.
    Coul you recognize, what could it be?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

actually, they look quite like what a hand would look like if formed into a claw shape and pushed into the mud. any human footprints nearby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Looks hoax/fake to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would have to agree with the two lads in that it looks like a hoax. I reckon Magic's comment about it looking like a human hand is probably right.

Ironically if they had used three fingers and a thumb to make the track then it would have been pretty close to the tracks left by a large grey heron on loose mud, as the track generally sinks and makes it look bigger.

The pic below has tracks made by a great blue heron, but it would be very close to how the tracks of a grey heron would look and similar in size as well.

prints.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 peter74

Thanks guys. I thought it was hoax too. However I tried to do similar prints with my hand, but could not get it right. so l stick with alliens and Bless ness monster;)

Advertisement