Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custom rifle trigger

Options
  • 27-06-2010 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

the trigger on my remy 700 is very heavy, :( so im thinking of getting an after market adjustable one or a double feather trigger. only ever seen it on one rifle before tho. any recommendations and rough prices?

cheers lads
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

the trigger on my remy 700 is very heavy, :( so im thinking of getting an after market adjustable one or a double feather trigger. only ever seen it on one rifle before tho. any recommendations and rough prices?

cheers lads

€120 fitted Timney will be a wonderful improvement for you!
    A guy I know of does so in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

timney will do the trick for ya.....
    Standard rem triggers are junk....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

dwighet wrote: »
    timney will do the trick for ya.....
    Standard rem triggers are junk....

ya but you got the last cheep one in the country.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Jewell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jimbrowning

not to worry lads, i just took the rifle down to see how big a job it is to swap triggers, and found its fully adjustable! :rolleyes: length of pull, trigger weight, and length of pull after the trigger breaks.
    the trigger is so light and crisp now. a bit too light. wil take it down again and leave it slightly heavier. so glad i looked. didnt think remmy 700 had adjustable trigger.
    perfect rifle now:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

not to worry lads, i just took the rifle down to see how big a job it is to swap triggers, and found its fully adjustable! :rolleyes: length of pull, trigger weight, and length of pull after the trigger breaks.
    the trigger is so light and crisp now. a bit too light. wil take it down again and leave it slightly heavier. so glad i looked. didnt think remmy 700 had adjustable trigger.
    perfect rifle now:D

I had my old remmy trigger lightened, however the Timney is better made so I would trust it more on light breaking.

There is a world of difference with the crispness of a Timney and a Remington trimmed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

johngalway wrote: »
    Jewell.
    If ya have the money, as John says.

Advertisement