Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help! Young pigeon in my garden.

Options
  • 27-06-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can help, as ye've been good before. A young woodpigeon has appeared on my back wall and has been there for the past two days. It is about half the size of a grown pigeon. It hasn't moved at all since it appeared. The field behind my house was set alight yesterday, and we reckon it's nest was destroyed.

I'm just wondering is there anything I can do? It's a very hot day and it doesn't have much shade, so the poor thing must be suffering. My mother thinks that it's "just" a pigeon and we should leave it, but I wonder is there anything at all I can do?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hey I can't help, but I'd suggest you ask in the nature forum too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Other than leaving out some water and a bit of seed for it I can't suggest anything. Everywhere is very dry these day's with no rain. Can you see if it is injured?
    The crowd in the nature & birdwatching forum would be more help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

Thanks guys. When I went out to check on it, it was gone, so hopefully it was OK.

Advertisement