Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2 questions on xbox live?

• 27-06-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

1. On Call of Duty MW2, why are americans such prics?
    2. How come on Fifa nobody completes a match if their getting bet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

short answer is the anonymity / lack of any real consequences on live or the internet means some believe they have a license to be a douch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Some people can't face losing a game of Fifa so they quit. Mostly happens in ranked matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Some people can't face losing a game of Fifa so they quit. Mostly happens in ranked matches.

Really? Haven't played FIFA but surely the devs would have allowed for that and record a loss against the player than drops out! Sounds very unfair.

As for XBL members acting like douches, unfortunately it seems like they are in the majority rather than the minority and not limited to just American's but seem to span across all nationalities :(

However, don't be disheartened. There are plenty of good, solid folk on XBL too. It's just that the douches stand out, as generally being louder! Work on filling your friends list selectiviely with people that you get on with and play your game types too and you'll soon find that you rarely meet any douches. Oh, don't forget it's easy to mute ndividuals too!

Also don't forget, you can always go booster hunting it MW2. Find a couple of boosters and then just ruin their boosting by killing them repeatedly... they'll eventually leave the game... and then just follow them from game to game until they sign off! Boosters are my favourite pet hate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

As for XBL members acting like douches, unfortunately it seems like they are in the majority rather than the minority and not limited to just American's but seem to span across all nationalities :(

Indeed, came across more than one douche with an irish accent in red dead redemption recently , f**king douches shot me in the back after I invited them to my possie and explained what I was doing while 8 minutes into going for the most wanted cheevo :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    if they quit it still counts as a win for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 d0nutz

Yeah man. I play MW2 too, and a majority of players who are douches are ether American or Brtiish. Really, I've never met many Irish guys who are like that, not in the game or the game lobby anyway.

Advertisement