Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help! A Young Pigeon is in my Garden

• 27-06-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I posted this in the animals forum too, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me here. A young woodpigeon has appeared on my back wall and has been there for the past two days. It is about half the size of a grown pigeon. It hasn't moved at all since it appeared. The field behind my house was set alight yesterday, and we reckon it's nest was destroyed.

I'm just wondering is there anything I can do? It's a very hot day and it doesn't have much shade, so the poor thing must be suffering. My mother thinks that it's "just" a pigeon and we should leave it, but I wonder is there anything at all I can do?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

imbroglio wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I posted this in the animals forum too, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me here. A young woodpigeon has appeared on my back wall and has been there for the past two days. It is about half the size of a grown pigeon. It hasn't moved at all since it appeared. The field behind my house was set alight yesterday, and we reckon it's nest was destroyed.

I'm just wondering is there anything I can do? It's a very hot day and it doesn't have much shade, so the poor thing must be suffering. My mother thinks that it's "just" a pigeon and we should leave it, but I wonder is there anything at all I can do?

Thank you.
    Leave a bowl of water and some grain near him, don't touch him though

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

THanks for your advice Fergal,

I went out to give it some water and it was gone! I hope it's OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 supersportq

imbroglio wrote: »
    THanks for your advice Fergal,

I went out to give it some water and it was gone! I hope it's OK.
    Well done for showing the concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Pigeons will nest on the ground sometimes but only where there are no trees. have seen this on Saltee. So maybe it's a fledged squab.

Advertisement