Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UKDM Teg type R C&C

• 27-06-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks to a boardsie(Graham_B18C) yesterday who stuck around for a while and let me get some pics of his lovely white ukdm teg type R

First time using my new flashwave 2's and off camera flash so any C&C welcomed :)

26420C265EF04A8380E16628E09C4EC0-800.jpg

43ADF8F416DC4A6EA6AFEABD4836F82D-800.jpg

84CDB9314B9441668EBB6A66E3A89775-800.jpg

32DEC40FBFE54366AEDC8E52641A0AEE-800.jpg

224C072D26744293B470D059431F6590-800.jpg

Also, I'm aware the numberplate removal is fairly awful... It's only for online display anyway, so I'm not too fussy about that...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

For the first two shots, they would look better if the wheel was facing the camera rather than the tyre tread. Something easy to fix for any future shots :)

I like number 3 and 4. Maybe for number 4 taking the shot down a bit lower would have looked well. Down low works well for car shoots most of the time imo.

The last shot looks a bit soft. They clocks could do with being centred in the shot too, a bit of cropping would sort that.

Apologies if I sounded harsh with the C&C, just pointing out stuff that I try to do when I shoot cars :D

3 & 4 are my faves anyway. Do you mind posting up links to the lighting equipment you used? I want to try some of that stuff myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

first thought was that you didn't really get a great location; but from what you've said, it sounds like you took an opportunity which presented itself, rather than having the choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I think 3 and 4 are probably the best of the set as well.
    Low shots can look good but the angle in number 4 is about right imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    For the first two shots, they would look better if the wheel was facing the camera rather than the tyre tread. Something easy to fix for any future shots :)
    Aye, easy fix...doubt it'll be the last time I shoot that teg anyway :)
    I like number 3 and 4. Maybe for number 4 taking the shot down a bit lower would have looked well. Down low works well for car shoots most of the time imo.
    Dunno, I quite like the angle it's at... I know low/close/wide tends to be a common approach for car shots alright...
    The last shot looks a bit soft. They clocks could do with being centred in the shot too, a bit of cropping would sort that.
    It's a bit harder than it seems rigging up a tripod, 5D + 24-70 on a recaro seat for a 1s shot... small crop is no problem tho..
    Apologies if I sounded harsh with the C&C, just pointing out stuff that I try to do when I shoot cars :D

3 & 4 are my faves anyway. Do you mind posting up links to the lighting equipment you used? I want to try some of that stuff myself.

Don't worry about it, I asked for C&C, I expect some crit :P Thanks for being honest about it

Here's the stuff I was using

http://www.amazon.com/FlashWave2-Wireless-Remote-Trigger-System/product-reviews/B002X246BW

+ Nikon SB-28

Shots 3+4 are 2 or 3 photo composites :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I know little about how these are *supposed* to be shot, so this advice as that which may be filed under "b" (for bin :D) but I'm not liking the backgrounds in #1, #2, and #4. The background look as though the shoot was not thought through.

That being said - #3 I like (background has been neutralised somewhat in this one - power lines are poor in the overall composition but still way better to my eye than other mentioned above).

I can't see great influence of off camera light (well some, but its not over bearing) which probably means a job well done in terms of what you were trying to do. That being said the white is appropriately very white so I guess this is what you were after.

The long shadow is interesting. It doesn't particularly add but also doesn't detract form the composition imho so its a question of whether you wanted it there or not.

Dust spots???????? holy duck batman but did you drag your camera through a muddy field with the lens removed???? :D (you did see that yeah?)

Would love to see same car, same photographer, same lights in a different venue.... Underground carpark, Top of roof car park, empty street, on the beach. Basically just with a change of scene.

• Advertisement

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    I know little about how these are *supposed* to be shot, so this advice as that which may be filed under "b" (for bin :D) but I'm not liking the backgrounds in #1, #2, and #4. The background look as though the shoot was not thought through.

That being said - #3 I like (background has been neutralised somewhat in this one - power lines are poor in the overall composition but still way better to my eye than other mentioned above).
    :D I know a lot of the photographers on here actually DONT know about car shots, so would breeze over this - thanks for posting C&C though despite...

It was kind of a case of after the dyno day - everyone heading for food (eddie rockets nearby) - and nobody knew anywhere for photography... This was really the only free space, which would have the sun behind me without taking up the entire car park so...
    I can't see great influence of off camera light (well some, but its not over bearing) which probably means a job well done in terms of what you were trying to do. That being said the white is appropriately very white so I guess this is what you were after.
    If you saw the car in person, you'd know why it's so white ;)
    The long shadow is interesting. It doesn't particularly add but also doesn't detract form the composition imho so its a question of whether you wanted it there or not.
    Didn't even think about it tbh! another boardsie (randylonghorn) said to me that it looked like an under-endowed rhino with a hard-on... thankfully I wasn't drinking something at the time...:pac:
    Dust spots???????? holy duck batman but did you drag your camera through a muddy field with the lens removed???? :D (you did see that yeah?)
    PMSL, I actually have no idea how it's that bad..I've noticed it in a good few shots lately though. Definately in need of a cleaning!:D
    Would love to see same car, same photographer, same lights in a different venue.... Underground carpark, Top of roof car park, empty street, on the beach. Basically just with a change of scene.
    As I said above, won't be the last time I've got that car infront of the camera... and hopefully I'll have two others aswell, red & black...

Should have my Sigma 530DG back in working order too...hopefully...

Here's actually another shot, 5 of the cars which will be taking part in All the way Round

All boardsie owned too :D

F1480427C9564227BCCC858D48A80036-800.jpg

1 more:
    0F291948E2494B9796839611AEE53757-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I love the second picture with the four cars!!

That Focus is one hell of a sexy car :D:D

Advertisement