Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Caddy

• 27-06-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd pop in and see if anyone has ever driven one of these. I rented one (long story) in France a couple of weeks ago and thought it was just awful.

Ignoring the fact that you would need to be some sort of ape to be able to drive it comfortably, I was actually shocked at how bad the handling was. I did mostly motorway driving and it really felt like the thing was going to take off and flip any time I took a "bend". It just really felt like the car was unstable at high speed unless driving in a straight line.

I've only driven a handful of cars in my time but have never experienced anything like this.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Squegee

Is that a Caddy van you're talking about?

I'm on my third now, find them a great workhorse and reliable, clocking up about 40k a year.
    They'll do 120 kph on the motorway handily, and I find 'em poky enough in 5th.
    I've heard horror stories with regards to clutch issues but so far so good:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I had one for 4 years, never failed to start. Done 140,000km with no issues.

Very fast even when laden down with 400kg+ of stuff in the back. Would not expect from a driving point of view to be any difference between the car and van version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Squegee

Ah right, there's one of them in the estate where I live...Could never understand why they made both that and the Touran, surely they're the same thing no?

BTW no experience in driving them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's just the van with seats in the load area, nothing more.

Horrific handling, struggles to maintain 140 uphill on the M8, very uncomfortable to drive. The one in the fleet at work is seen as a punishment vehicle, basically languishes as a spare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement