Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My puppy has Parasitic Meningitis

Options
  • 27-06-2010 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I was wondering if by any chance any of you have had dogs with this form of Meningitis?
    It is very rare and I can't get much information on treatments and prognosis. She has been in UCD Vet hopsital for a few days where they did a spinal tap to confirm diagnosis, and now she is on very high dose antibiotics, they mentioned a possibility of adding another drug if it was still available in Ireland, as she might have a better prognosis with the two combined.
    I'm giving her a homeopathic remedy for fever as she temp has gone back up since she left hospital on Friday, I've spoken to the Intern on call in UCD (they are all fantastic) and she can have spiking temps with the illness. This warm weather unfortunatly doesnt help.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sorry to hear about your pup, is it caused by a tick or something?
    Fingers crossed for her and that she makes a full recovery sounds like she's in good hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Crazy600, I've not heard of the sickness but I just wanted to let you know that I have a friend who has had 2 dogs cared for in UCD. This person expects nothing but the best and she has been consistantly suprised and delighted at the level of care. The poor woman is currently seeing her dog through a terminl illness and still is saying how great they are. Please be assured your dog is in the best possible hands.

Advertisement