Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you need your beer cold to enjoy it?

• 27-06-2010 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

do you need your beer cold to enjoy it?

does it annoy you when a barman hands you a bottle from a shelf when theres ones in the fridge?

for me the answer is yes most of the time, for lager anyway.

I find ale doesnt taste much worse when not cold though.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Depends on the beer. Most of what passes for ale in Irish pubs tastes of very little so temperature won't make a huge difference. I do prefer Guinness from the shelf rather than the cooler, though.

A properly-flavoured beer will lose its taste if it's served cold. At home I tend to serve most beers at about 10°C, though some work better at room temperature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

BeerNut wrote: »
    Depends on the beer. Most of what passes for ale in Irish pubs tastes of very little so temperature won't make a huge difference. I do prefer Guinness from the shelf rather than the cooler, though.

A properly-flavoured beer will lose its taste if it's served cold. At home I tend to serve most beers at about 10°C, though some work better at room temperature.

Absolutely agree, couldn't have put it better

Advertisement