Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Scientific Atlanta modem log in

Options
  • 27-06-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, wonder if someone can help me here. I used to be able to login to my Scientic Atlanta Modem and change access level to 3 by going to
    http://192.168.100.1/_aslvl.asp
    and using admin as the username and w2402 as the password. However now when I try and access the link I get a Connection was reset error.
    If I go to 192.168.100.1 and go to the advanced tab and enter the user name and password there, they no longer work.

Does anyone know have UPC changed the username and password? If so what is the new one, or if I press the reset button on the modem itself this will reset the modem to factory defaults, but will this also get rid of my UPC settings?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There generally is NOTHING to change on a Cable Modem, only Routers have user settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Watty .... I guess the access for the modem is merely so one can see the logs - I for one would VERY much like to get that access back :D

Cheers,
    Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not working for me either.

i guess they changed the advanced login page url and the username and password because it's not working with the old advanced link and the advanced tab throws up a u/p box and the w2402 login doesn't work.

maybe they figured they didn't want us nosing around in there any more. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Hopefully someone on here has figured it out. I want to be able to access the logs.

i suspect we'll have to wait for someone on here who works for upc to spill the beans, OR for a friendly engineer on a home visit to share the info with a boardsie.

shame it didn't happen earlier, i had a very friendly engineer out a month or so ago and i'm sure he would have given me the password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

watty wrote: »
    There generally is NOTHING to change on a Cable Modem, only Routers have user settings.

Really my Scientific Atlanta Modem has 2 Rj11 ports (ATA's) which I'm pretty sure could take some SIP settings to get them going. I don't think configuring them in my Linksys Router would do much :rolleyes:.

Anyway I've been watching these forums for a while and done a good bit of googling for the password but have had no joy. I just get the modem default screen on 192.168.100.1 but nothing else does anyone know a UPC tech that might be willing to share?? Thanks white_westie but none of the addresses posted work for me either.

Only the Cable operator can provision SIP on Cable Modem ATAs. The scheme is that the ATA's get private IP & QOS and ONLY connect to the ISP's Gateway, thus you get high quality VOIP. Routing SIP over public internet is insecure and no QOS possible.

Why on earth would a UPC person give you a password? There is nothing you are meant to access. The settings are part of their network management and they own the Modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I'd like to see the signal statistics such as power levels etc.

• Advertisement

That's not on the home screen?
    http://192.168.100.1/

But unless you are a communications engineer, they don't mean much. Also you don't need them for UPC as they have that information.
    RF Parameters
    Downstream
    Frequency		Power	-1 dBmV
    Signal to Noise Ratio	28 dB	Modulation	QAM64
    Upstream
    Frequency		Power	46 dBmV
    Upstream Data Rate	5120 Ksym/sec	Modulation	QPSK

Status
    System uptime	157 days 01h:56m:49s
    Computers detected	1
    CM Status	Operational
    WAN Isolation	OFF
    Time and Date	Tue Jun 29 22:43:48 2010

Interface Parameters
    Interface Name :
    Provisioned	Enabled	State	Up
    Speed	100 Mbps	MAC address	xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

What does the above tell you?

Actually it tells you I am running off a UPS and how long ago I replaced its battery :)

It's genuine Cable Modem stats.

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Really my Scientific Atlanta Modem has 2 Rj11 ports (ATA's) which I'm pretty sure could take some SIP settings to get them going. I don't think configuring them in my Linksys Router would do much :rolleyes:.

Anyway I've been watching these forums for a while and done a good bit of googling for the password but have had no joy. I just get the modem default screen on 192.168.100.1 but nothing else does anyone know a UPC tech that might be willing to share?? Thanks white_westie but none of the addresses posted work for me either.
    even if you could get to the advanced settings like you used to be able to do (until recently), there is absolutely zero you can do to change any single setting on the modem, all you can can do is look at a little more info about your connection stats (and info about your phoneline if you have one with UPC) and very little else.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Only the Cable operator can provision SIP on Cable Modem ATAs. The scheme is that the ATA's get private IP & QOS and ONLY connect to the ISP's Gateway, thus you get high quality VOIP. Routing SIP over public internet is insecure and no QOS possible.

So now settings can be changed on the modem eh?
    vibe666 wrote: »
    even if you could get to the advanced settings like you used to be able to do (until recently), there is absolutely zero you can do to change any single setting on the modem, all you can can do is look at a little more info about your connection stats (and info about your phoneline if you have one with UPC) and very little else.

Thanks for that I've never been able to access those screens so I'd assumed it was configured in there I was just trying to cut down on the amount of kit stashed behind the telly and thought I could get rid of the ATA by using the NTL modem :)

Yes the ISP can, end user is not meant to. You need access to the broadcom shell, and execute cmds.

Advertisement