Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband down - does the pattern of DSL sync light mean anything?

• 27-06-2010 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Lost broadband yesterday lunchtime, (Eircom, netopia 3347), the dsl sync light just keeps blinking in a pattern of 3 blinks, 3 blinks, 5 blinks, pause. I've tried all the normal steps - shut off router, resetting it, unplug Sky box, etc. I just wondered if the pattern of blinking is random or trying to tell me something?

It's quite sad how badly I miss the Internet.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

time42play wrote: »
    Lost broadband yesterday lunchtime, (Eircom, netopia 3347), the dsl sync light just keeps blinking in a pattern of 3 blinks, 3 blinks, 5 blinks, pause. I've tried all the normal steps - shut off router, resetting it, unplug Sky box, etc. I just wondered if the pattern of blinking is random or trying to tell me something?

It's quite sad how badly I miss the Internet.

Did you access the router to see what the connection status is?

http://192.168.1.254

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭time42play

Yes, it came up in red on the left hand side of the page telling me something about not being able to find dsl connection. Can't remember the exact wording though, and when I tried to go back in it wants a password.

Advertisement