Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem logging into sites

• 27-06-2010 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

I have a problem logging into sites since yesterday. Entering the name/password goes to welcome screen but then goes back to log in. Sometimes can log in and post but not quote/post. On several sites. Have Vista home premium IE 7 first/thirdparty cookies enabled and also set to override auto cookie handling

IE 7 because 8 will not auto complete my previous searches

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

privacy settings can override cookie settings. Reset your settings to default or take this opportunity to try another browser
    http://www.browserchoice.eu/BrowserChoice/browserchoice_en.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭PrimalTherapy

wolfric wrote: »
    privacy settings can override cookie settings. Reset your settings to default or take this opportunity to try another browser
    http://www.browserchoice.eu/BrowserChoice/browserchoice_en.htm
    I did not change my privacy settings. Posting this from a firefox pc cannot log in with IE.

did you reset your settings to default? and are you posting from firefox or another pc with firefox? Have you tried firefox on the original pc.

wolfric wrote: »
    did you reset your settings to default?
    no have not changed anything to cause the problem.
    and are you posting from firefox or another pc with firefox?
    yes this pc has firefox
    Have you tried firefox on the original pc.
    no but i will soon prob change.

no i'm suggesting to you...DO RESET DEFAULTS.

• Advertisement

no i'm suggesting to you...DO RESET DEFAULTS.
    OK I DID:D It makes no difference i can log in with reply button now but not with quote button

I copied and pasted your last post and wrappped in tags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

OK I DID:D It makes no difference i can log in with reply button now but not with quote button

I copied and pasted your last post and wrappped in tags

whats your network setup? I saw those exact symptoms recently and it was faulty filtering device on a corporate lan

Advertisement