Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal and 3V: Yet another question.

Options
  • 27-06-2010 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Before I start I will say that I have read the PayPal FAQ but I'm still confused;
    Q. I have a 3V card, how do I transfer the money from that to Paypal?

A. A 3V voucher is just a credit card, as far as Paypal are concerned, and the same rules apply to it as with any other credit card. As such, you cannot transfer money off the 3V voucher to Paypal. What you could do is set up a 2nd Paypal account, and send the money to that account. This will incur fees which you must pay.

Why should I have to set up a second PayPal account in order to send funds to PayPal via 3V, why can't I use it to top up my original account? Sounds odd.

Anyway, I bought a 3V voucher worth €50 today and I'm trying to add funds to my PayPal account with it. I already used the 3V voucher to verify my account but seemingly I can't find a way to use the 3V voucher to top it up. I go onto the "Top Up Account" tab on my PayPal home but it just gives me information on how to send a bank transfer to top it up.

And if I set up a second PayPal account how would the Top Up methods be any different?

Sorry if this question was asked before but I'm not going to be scrolling trough dozens of pages of the *Paypal*PayPal*PayPal* thread for the next hour to find the answer (and I can't ask anything there anymore because il a été fermé, unfortunately).

Thanks again, KP.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Topping up is only for bank accounts and not 3v or cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Anyway, I bought a 3V voucher worth €50 today and I'm trying to add funds to my PayPal account with it. I already used the 3V voucher to verify my account but seemingly I can't find a way to use the 3V voucher to top it up.

You can't find it because the method doesn't exist. You cannot add funds from a credit card, ever.
    And if I set up a second PayPal account how would the Top Up methods be any different?

You won't be topping up, you'll be sending the money to your other account. This is very wasteful, as you pay fees for doing it, and should never be done unless the card is about to expire and you can't spend the money.

Advertisement