Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fas Course in riding instructor training

Options
  • 27-06-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi everyone -
    Just wondering if any of ye have done the fas course to train to be riding instructor?
    I just came across it on the fas website and wondered about it...
    Would love to hear any positive/negative experiences anyone has had with doing it.
    thanks a mill,
    Emma

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

HI Emma, I had considered doing this course and have gone into my local fas office about it and it sounds good. How much experience do you have? There is another course run by the HSI (Horse Sport Ireland) that is good too and much shorter than the Fas course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

They do it in the yard where I am (thornton park) and it seems really thorough

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

Thanks guys good information :) I looked up the Horse Sport Ireland site too but couldn't find anything about instructor training...
    I think doing over a year would be fine though - I'd appreciate the extra time to be honest - if I'm being subsidised to do what I love then its noooooo problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

is it a live in every day course or how does it work? I would love to do also!

Can be live in depending on your location, Thornton Park has facilities for live in. A lot of the students commute to the yard. They have lessons in the morning and afternoon and work on the yard. Lessons vary a lot, I have seen them in the cross country in the morning and riding in the arena in the afternoon. Quite a few of the ex students have worked at the yard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Fitzg wrote: »
    Thanks guys good information :) I looked up the Horse Sport Ireland site too but couldn't find anything about instructor training...
    I think doing over a year would be fine though - I'd appreciate the extra time to be honest - if I'm being subsidised to do what I love then its noooooo problem!

http://www.horsesportireland.ie/education-training-/coaching.86.html

They do the FAS course in Thornton and also the exams (stage1/2/3/PTT)

Advertisement