Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting ranges

Options
  • 27-06-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

The one thing I envy about Americans is their easy access to guns. I saw a youtube video with 2 Dubliners in an indoor shooting range firing handguns and rifles. I'm guessing that was in Dublin. In Irish shooting ranges to they let you shoot sub machine guns and assault rifles like they do in American ones? Also would there be any indoor shooting ranges in the north side or preferably Fingal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

BogMonkey wrote: »
    The one thing I envy about Americans is their easy access to guns. I saw a youtube video with 2 Dubliners in an indoor shooting range firing handguns and rifles. I'm guessing that was in Dublin. In Irish shooting ranges to they let you shoot sub machine guns and assault rifles like they do in American ones? Also would there be any indoor shooting ranges in the north side or preferably Fingal?

Try HERE.

There is also a dedicated shooting forum here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

DubMedic wrote: »
    Try HERE.

There is also a dedicated shooting forum here on boards.
    Thats right in my area. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

In Irish shooting ranges to they let you shoot sub machine guns and assault rifles like they do in American ones?

Unless it is the Army/ERU/CIRA/RIRA gun clubs,and their annual membership requirements are abit ....well....extreme. Err NO!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

In Irish shooting ranges to they let you shoot sub machine guns and assault rifles like they do in American ones?

no
    Also would there be any indoor shooting ranges in the north side or preferably Fingal?

Not for what you are looking for.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]
    Everyone: this thread was originally posted in the Dublin City forum, so the OP didn't come in here asking what appears to our eyes to be a somewhat inflammatory question.
    Please bear this in mind if you choose to reply.
    [/MOD]

OP: the firearm types you mention ("sub machine guns and assault rifles") are un-licencable in this country, so the sort of activity you're talking about is not, and never was, available here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement