Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busted Iphone - Waterford repairs?

• 27-06-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

H'lo,

My iPhone dropped a few weeks ago and I had the screen replaced...after which my backlight went. Does anyone know anyone in Waterford who'd know how to solder/repair an Iphone damaged in this manner? I can't really travel far to have it repaired...any PM's/suggestions would be appreciated..

Ta,

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

i heard about someone from new ross fixi ng i phones i will get back to you tomorrow about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

is it out of warranty op

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Morning,

No, I don't believe it's out of warranty, got it in February. However, as I had a colleague from work attempt to repair the screen (which he did, that was grand) and then the backlight went, I would presume that if I sent it off to Apple I'd get told that interfering with it voided the warranty?

Well, knowing my luck they probably would :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

A friend of mine fixes everything from PCs to Wii, so he may be able to help you. I'll pm his number to you. You can chat about it anyway. He's based in Slieverue.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Apple will repair it for you, it could potential cost up to 210 to do so but they basically send you back a reconditioned one. However if the backlight went you may wish to talk to the guy that did the screen as it could be a loose connection thats causing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Thanks for your suggestions - I'll get him to have a look again, and then maybe call the gscully recommended (cheers) - Apple'd be my last resort, the phone is just draining money off me at this point - in my next life it'll be an Android!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

If there's any way at all you can make it to Dublin then go to Fonemenders just off Grafton Street. Those guys are absolutely fantastic, I think it was €90 to get the screen replaced. I paid an extra 20 quid to do it in an hour and it was still less than half the price Apple had quoted me, who I would've had to wait at least a week for them to sort out.

I think you can send your iPhone in the post to them as well if you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

If your phone is with o2 you can get out of contract up until 12th July due to changes in T+C . there is a thread on apple mobile devices. Would be worth getting out of contract anyway for the new Iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bunny101

gscully wrote: »
    A friend of mine fixes everything from PCs to Wii, so he may be able to help you. I'll pm his number to you. You can chat about it anyway. He's based in Slieverue.

Hi would you be able to give me your friend's number? I have the same problem. Thanks a mill.....

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

This is a friend of mine, he is very good....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/iphone-repair/110862225658516

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Global Ink, (they used to be called Smarts Cartridge AFAIK) up on Barrack St. are now doing iPhone repair, saw a flyer the other day.

Advertisement