Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ninty worried about 3DS new Custom FlashCards!

Options
  • 27-06-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

I see the Nintendo President is worried about WHEN, not if the R4 boys will hack there new 3DS handheld console released sometime in March 2011. There's rumors of a similar firmware update system like what Sony use on the PSP and PS3! What do you think, will it work or another annoying waste of time!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I can see it being secure for a short time, and after that, no. In fairness to Nintendo, the unit probably wont break the bank, but the other side of the coin, is that it will be a less secure system. If they operate a cyclic firmware system (psp etc), expect a custom firmware in the not too distant future. Its a shame really, those DS cards are WAY too mainstream and it really annoys me seeing them on stalls full of games for stupid money.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

Well if all handheld games were 20quid max, more people would buy them. 45 quid for a DS game, when for the same amount you can get a XB360 or PS3 game?????

Advertisement