Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Caps

• 27-06-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

I got a letter a few months ago saying they will be charging for going over the caps. Does anyone know if this has started? I bought loads of games during the Steam sale and have gone way over;

Download Allowance: 30720 MB
    Download Excess: 12954 MB

I'll probably change to UPC if I get a large bill.

Comments

Unless you're on their NGB package, they won't charge you.

I've regularly gone over by 300/400% and I've never been charged. I've enquired about it a few times, and if you're downloading so much that you're disrupting your neighbour's service, they'll send you out a letter to warn you not to download as much next month, or you'll be charged. One customer service guy I talked to said he's never heard of eircom sending one of these letters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

iv been with eircom for about 10 years and im a heavy downloader, but i live out in the sticks and iv never been sent a letter

that being said i dont like the way eircom is going so im considering moving to imagine

Advertisement