If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speakers

Options
  • 27-06-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

hi
    i need a new speaker system for my new panny tv the old one i had came with my old dvd player and had all the wires conected to that,i am getting a ps3 slim and the old speakers will not fit into.i think there most be nearly 12 cables conected to the dvd player.sorry for all the questions but a dont have a clue would like to still have surround sound with my new ps3 sone thing simple that i could connect up my self.i have all the little copper cables in under the floor so thats not a problem.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

harr wrote: »
    hi
    i need a new speaker system for my new panny tv the old one i had came with my old dvd player and had all the wires conected to that,i am getting a ps3 slim and the old speakers will not fit into.i think there most be nearly 12 cables conected to the dvd player.sorry for all the questions but a dont have a clue would like to still have surround sound with my new ps3 sone thing simple that i could connect up my self.i have all the little copper cables in under the floor so thats not a problem.

Harr,

many thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - What about the excellent Pioneer BCFS500 this really is an excellent unit and I can do a Boardie special at just £299.95 (reduced from £549.95!:eek:)

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/100/42/BCS-FS500/index.html thats the Pioneer link to the full product details - but briefly it's a Blu-Ray DVD / Radio system with a 2.1 Speaker system and it has plenty of inputs for your PS3 and more besides.

Alternatively we also have the Pioneer DCS585 which is a full 5.1 speaker package again including DVD & Tuner - We can do this on a Boardie special reduced from £399.95 to £249.95 and now right down to £224.95 - this is a beautiful looking unit and at this priec there is nothing to compete with it! here are the full details: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/100/42/DCS-585/index.html

Keep us posted if we can assist or if you would like us to reserve anything for you and thanks again for the post,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

hi
    thanks for geting back to me john they look very nice one more thing if i was to use my ps3 as my main blue ray is there any way of useing that with just speakers as in just buying a sub and 5 speakers and not haveing to buy another dvd/blueray player or maybe i need a radio systems to play a set of speakers through and would i be geting full suround this way?:confused: sorry to be a pain but dont have a clue(can you give a price on such system)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Harr.

If you wanted to use the PS3 as your main Blu Ray player then you would need to purchase a Home cinema Amp and a set of speakers. The PS3 would need connected to the amplifier in order for it to be able to output the sound through a set of speakers.

In saying that there is the following little set up which has the amplifier built into the subwoofer:

Onkyo HTX22HD 2.1 system priced at £299.95 (This can be upgraded to a 5.1 system)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/onkyo/htx22hdx/onky-htx22hdx-blk

You could also purchase one of the following systems:
    Onkyo HTS3305 priced at £299.95 (This is for the Amp and 5.1 speaker pack)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1035&Results=true&keys=onkyo

Onkyo HTS5305 priced at £399.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1052&Results=true&keys=onkyo

I hope this helps a little more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

thanks thats what i am after,what price is delivery down south,it will a few weeks before i have the cash,i will go for the 5 .1 system .

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Harr.

Excellent that you have seen something that will suit your needs :D

Delivery would be £11.99 on a next day dervice using DPD.

Let me know when you are ready to take the plunge and we will look after you.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.