Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ah, here's Moan Burton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Couldn't marion have invited at least 1 person onto the show who is against water charges?...
    The antis got a free run yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The antis got a free run yesterday.
    I'd have liked to hear someone on trying to justify what happened yesterday.

I won't be holding my breath though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

They were gonna turn the water cannons on them.... only it would have cost too much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Couldn't marion have invited at least 1 person onto the show who is against water charges'.

Indeed; or someone in favour of rocking and banging on people's cars and false imprisonment as a form of protest.

Has Paul Murphy been heard from this morning at all I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

drkpower wrote: »
    Indeed; or someone in favour of rocking and banging on people's cars and false imprisonment as a form of protest.

Ah ok... so all who oppose water charges commend what happened yesterday. That's a well-informed comment to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

You'd have to think there is a certain constituence who don't want the country to recover - they might then have to get up in the morning & go to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Ah ok... so all anti-water protestors commend what happened yesterday. That's a well-informed comment to make.

Just as well I didn't make it then.

• Advertisement

Joan really laying it on thick here. She'll have me crying in a minute.

Seems like Paul Murphy lost his shirt on the demonstration..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

drkpower wrote: »

Thanks for the chuckle :)

This Stephen guy always sounds like he's auditioning for a role..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Has Paul Murphy been heard from this morning at all I wonder?

He's on Newstalk now.

Of course it's about MONEY

• Advertisement

foxtrot101 wrote: »
    He's on Newstalk now.

thank you!!
    Seems that Brendan Ogle thinks that what Paul Murphy was wrong yesterday as well.... I've never found myself on the same side of an argument before...

thank you!!
    Seems that Brendan Ogle thinks that what Paul Murphy was wrong yesterday as well.... I've never found myself on the same side of an argument before...
    +1 Feels all wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

That circle jerk fest just on re-Burton was nauseating.
    Balanced? No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I do admire his positivity, but you cant help feeling behind his smile lies the heart of a snake..

Truly, he is the People's Psychopath.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

It's establishment Sunday on Marion today.

• Advertisement

So the balance will come in another programme MARION announces, what an amateur..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Leegan

Couldn't marion have invited at least 1 person onto the show who is against water charges?

I love Fionnan's statement how all protestors are 'anti-democratic'.

They have Marian as the anti-water supporter

All she needs now is an interview with Cardinal Burke visiting Limerick at the moment and the show will be just perfect!

Paul Murphy and Ged Nash in studio with RTE's News At One show in a few minutes..

Oh good... this is kicking off nicely..

Richard Crowley "Take that up with the Marian Finucane Show".... lol

Crowley getting ratty with Paul Murphy. RTE circling the wagons.

Crowley was unnecessarily aggressive there.

Paul Murphy isnt experienced enough to deal with this properly... If the Shinners had been involved in this, they would have either i) condemned people who were not peaceful and ii) presented themselves as being the ones who were trying to mediate between the crowd and the protestors...

It's true ' crowds of yungfellas" will appear out of the woodwork when any bit of protest kicks off and it happens very quickly , call me naive but that's my feeling .

Oops69 wrote: »
    It's true ' crowds of yungfellas" will appear out of the woodwork when any bit of protest kicks off and it happens very quickly , call me naive but that's my feeling .

crowds of yungfellas = good for nothing layabouts

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Callan57 wrote: »
    crowds of yungfellas = good for nothing layabouts

As opposed to crowds of old fellows in suits= Fianna fail/fine Gael crooks.

As opposed to crowds of old fellows in suits= Fianna fail/fine Gael crooks.

And those crooks have done a lot more damage to this country than a couple of eggs could ever do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

And those crooks have done a lot more damage to this country than a couple of eggs could ever do.

And people will still vote for these gangsters!

Just heard on the wireless that Terry Prone has written some article with respect to the Marian Keyes / Marian Finucane interview last week.. I only got the basic jist of the story from the headline but it seems like she was writing in support of her old pal... I'll try and get a copy from somewhere..

Just listening to the dour Ruth Coppinger (with the support of Joe Higgins) speaking in support of Paul Murphy and his antics on Radio One now. I was pretty sure they were gonna try and distance themselves from it...

Writing a wrong: How social media changed the rules on interviews
    Just in case you missed this one, here is how it went. The writer (Ms Keyes, a woman of more charm and sweetness than average) went on the radio programme to promote her latest book through an interview with the doyenne (Ms Finucane, a woman with 40 years as the premier female voice on RTÉ 1).

That's the article by Terry Prone... I was thinking that she would be critical of her old pal Finucane, but I should have known better. She says nothing at all, in a not very well written, not very interesting article..

Writing a wrong: How social media changed the rules on interviews

That's the article by Terry Prone... I was thinking that she would be critical of her old pal Finucane, but I should have known better. She says nothing at all, in a not very well written, not very interesting article..

Certainly could have benefited from the attention of a good editor with a red pen. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭serfboard

She says nothing at all, in a not very well written, not very interesting article..
    Certainly could have benefited from the attention of a good editor with a red pen. :rolleyes:
    Janey, I must have been reading a different article. I think it's a very interesting insight into

a) what goes into promoting a book, and
    b) why broadcasters prefer non-fiction to fiction in terms of topics for discussion

Of course, about the topics of Marian Keys or Twitter, it says not very much at all - and maybe that's yer point?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

serfboard wrote: »
    Janey, I must have been reading a different article. I think it's a very interesting insight into

a) what goes into promoting a book, and
    b) why broadcasters prefer non-fiction to fiction in terms of topics for discussion

Of course, about the topics of Marian Keys or Twitter, it says not very much at all - and maybe that's yer point?

Agreed, a good article about the workings of a good interview. The two Marions were mentioned only to get the ball rolling for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Seems like Paul Murphy lost his shirt on the demonstration..

'That's a TD youse are mishandling!'
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ivan is full of energy did that greyhound win last night?

Re loyalty and politics and this discussion with MARION; as a 'journalist' is she really that naive , she seems to get more and more naive as the years go on, does she read newspapers or political biographies atall during her 5 days of research for the show ?

Bizarre stuff from Ivan Yates! Stating that talent does not really matter when
    choosing the front bench. Was furious with Alan Dukes because he did not pick
    him after he supported him for the leadership against Peter Barry. Loyalty should
    be the number one consideration.

Telling it like it is!!

Re loyalty and politics and this discussion with MARION; as a 'journalist' is she really that naive , she seems to get more and more naive as the years go on, does she read newspapers or political biographies atall during her 5 days of research for the show ?

I have to presume she's putting on the wide eyed naievity for effect .... I hope, she surely can't be that out of touch with reality can she? :confused:

Ivan is full of energy did that greyhound win last night?

It did. They've got a nice dog there.

I have to presume she's putting on the wide eyed naievity for effect .... I hope, she surely can't be that out of touch with reality can she? :confused:

Probably shocked that someone is actually admitting that this is how politics
    really works.

• Advertisement

I've never really thought that Ivan ever understood the social impact of having betting shops in your town... He seems to think it's an honourable trade...

I also dont understand why he bought over those two bookies when he says himself that the move was to online..

If Marion is ' putting on ' this naïveté for effect or to put the case as she think 'the common people' would ,I find that very condescending of her , who knows ?

If Marion is ' putting on ' this naïveté for effect

"And WHYYYYY did you buy a house that you didnt need"... She looked kind of stupid with that alright, as if she hadnt actually been listening to him at all..

If Marion is ' putting on ' this naïveté for effect or to put the case as she think 'the common people' would ,I find that very condescending of her , who knows ?

How about she's just framing the questions in such a way that Ivan will tell his story in the fullest way? Why does there ALWAYS have to be an agenda that makes her look stupid or incompetent?

Although in fairness, he's not short of a word or two, or a willlingness to spill it all :D

I find him very interesting and entertaining.

You were happy enough with the system at the time Ivan... You did nothing about it when you were in there... His anecdote about the >400 jobs that he took to his constituency showed that .... I like Ivan, but it's a bit much asking for the current politicians to "cut out that racket" when he was doing the same things himself..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement