Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭world_weary

my friend wrote: »
    Hilarious listening to Irish millionaires complaining about wealth disparities

Great insight into the minds of the tax and grab set that frequent Marian's circle

Irish millionaires such as Niamh and Marian, who's wealth was accumulated on the back of taxes of private enterprise and hard work elsewhere whining about billionaires

Their actual beef lies with the fact that others have more money than them and not with concerns for those that have nothing.

its more about sounding good in front of their middle class liberal peers , they have little interest in doing anything about the issues they decry

which of course is classic political correctness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

most of it was two hours of the most insufferable middle class hand ringing , niamh breathnach ( or niamh someone or other ) was especially inane in her contributions

david mc williams popped up at the end to deliver his usual rock n roll version of economics

Niamh Brennan I think you mean ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Callan57 wrote: »
    Niamh Brennan I think you mean ;)

Isn't she married to what's-his-name? Bald guy. A bit obnoxious. Owns a garage in Carrigstown.

Edit: Sorry, wrong bald guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

This reporter guy should get up the yard... He arrives at Keane's house asking questions about an incident that has nothing do with him, and is upset that Keane is not prepared to give him a headline... Presenting himself here as if he is some sort of serious investigative journalist working on behalf of the people... These gutter rats make their living by leeching off the lives of famous peoples... Keane was right to tell him to f**k off, I would have told him exactly the same..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

".....I'm on my way with your stuff....."

14480587745_f59c05e06e_m.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

This reporter guy should get up the yard... He arrives at Keane's house asking questions about an incident that has nothing do with him, and is upset that Keane is not prepared to give him a headline... Presenting himself here as if he is some sort of serious investigative journalist working on behalf of the people... These gutter rats make their living by leeching off the lives of famous peoples... Keane was right to tell him to f**k off, I would have told him exactly the same..

It was funny how he was trying to make himself out to be the victim. And what difference does it make to how much keanes house is worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Who is this religeous nut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Fr. Brendan Purcell..

Used to do a philosophy section on Sean Moncrieff show.

Fr. Brendan Purcell..

Used to do a philosophy section on Sean Moncrieff show.

What turns me off these people is the way they talk as if their beliefs were self-evident truths that nobody should question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Roger_007 wrote: »
    What turns me off these people is the way they talk as if their beliefs were self-evident truths that nobody should question!
    I think you weren't listening to him with much attention.

• Advertisement

I think you weren't listening to him with much attention.

I listened to every word and I haven't changed my view. Religeous beliefs are NOT facts, they are just beliefs that cannot be proved or disproved!

I listened to every word and I haven't changed my view. Religeous beliefs are NOT facts, they are just beliefs that cannot be proved or disproved!
    He said that religious beliefs were open for anybody to question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

He said that religious beliefs were open for anybody to question.
    I don't think you were listening attentively as the tone and context in which something is said , will , as you very well know , potentially change the meaning of what's said entirely.

Oops69 wrote: »
    I don't think you were listening attentively as the tone and context in which something is said , will , as you very well know , potentially change the meaning of what's said entirely.
    I was.

Purcell is not a man for certainties. In that respect, he stands apart from most priests.

I'm getting very annoyed at that doctor. She sounds like an insufferable egomaniac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

all guests rallying in support of Operation Transformation...:(

signostic wrote: »
    all guest rallying in support of Operation Transformation...:(

I watched that last program and in my view it nothing short of exploitation of people for the titilation of the general viewership. I thought it was disgraceful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

I watched that last program and in my view it nothing short of exploitation of people for the titilation of the general viewership. I thought it was disgraceful!

I think there is nothing more humiliating than putting people with weight issues parade in lycra

"I used to drink a lot when I was younger, but I wouldnt be able for it any more"...

Noel Whelan had to give up alcohol when he kept getting talked in to doing stupid things when he was drunk..

whelan87.jpg

I'm getting very annoyed at that doctor. She sounds like an insufferable egomaniac.

I think for her to hide behind male suicide so as to justify her attack on that woman is an abomination... Her attack was DIRECTLY against Eilish, not against male suicide or general binge drinking, and she should either stand over the remarks in the context that they were made or else apologise..

• Advertisement

Sean Barrett doesnt do himself any favours.. I heard him on the radio during the week... The presenter was just asking him a few reasonable questions, and he was as ratty and irritable as ever... He's a very well paid public representative, and should not have any problems being accountable for his actions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I thought torture was illegal? What was that horrible noise?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Too much qualification from Ciara Kelly here... she's moving back and forth trying to justify herself.. She's blaming the editing now... If she doesnt like the editing, then she should hand back the cheque from the program and resign...

Oh Joseph McCall, he got an awful time. He was on anti depressant and everything...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I remember Donna Mccaul getting a bad time because her teeth were crooked. I really felt for her that time.

I always thought she had an incredible voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

"I used to drink a lot when I was younger, but I wouldnt be able for it any more"...

Noel Whelan had to give up alcohol when he kept getting talked in to doing stupid things when he was drunk..

whelan87.jpg

I think for her to hide behind male suicide so as to justify her attack on that woman is an abomination... Her attack was DIRECTLY against Eilish, not against male suicide or general binge drinking, and she should either stand over the remarks in the context that they were made or else apologise..

She has been back pedalling furiously all week, saying Eilish is 'a lovely woman'
    and she is her 'favourite leader'!!

'Proof of the pudding is in the eating'! Unfortunate phrase from Ciara Kelly in this context! :)

• Advertisement

brooke 2 wrote: »
    She has been back pedalling furiously all week, saying Eilish is 'a lovely woman' and she is her 'favourite leader'!!

And now it's the fault of the people editing the show!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Too much qualification from Ciara Kelly here... she's moving back and forth trying to justify herself.. She's blaming the editing now... If she doesnt like the editing, then she should hand back the cheque from the program and resign...

Oh Joseph McCall, he got an awful time. He was on anti depressant and everything...
    I remember Donna Mccaul getting a bad time because her teeth were crooked. I really felt for her that time.

I always thought she had an incredible voice.

The way they were treated was absolutely shameful. If I recall they went to the Eurovision and came last, and ended up enduring a torrent of abuse for years afterwards. It was quite shocking to be honest.

And now it's the fault of the people editing the show!!!!

Heard that! She has been dining out (pun intended!) re that episode all week.
    She was defending herself on George Hook also.

You get the feeling that Noel Whelan likes to see himself as some sort of profound, intellectual thinker..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

You get the feeling that Noel Whelan likes to see himself as some sort of profound, intellectual thinker..

He's good for one thing only... 'calling it' on election day. His public appearances should be limited to every five years.

• Advertisement

Enda doing an interview ???? How the hell did RTE manage that!!!

Enda doing an interview ???? How the hell did RTE manage that!!!
    by giving his special advisors the questionsa week in advance so he can be coached +++ for a few days before hand like he's learning a poem for his junior cert , disgrace of a Taoiseach .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

And Richard Crowley didn't exactly pull him up on very much either. Not the same treatment that the same presenter gives to other politicians...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Red Alert wrote: »
    And Richard Crowley didn't exactly pull him up on very much either. Not the same treatment that the same presenter gives to other politicians...

RTE know who set the licence fee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

by giving his special advisors the questionsa week in advance so he can be coached +++ for a few days before hand like he's learning a poem for his junior cert , disgrace of a Taoiseach .

Yeah,but you will still see people voting for him and his party in an election despite this.Some folk vote for the same old same old no matter what.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

jimmyw wrote: »
    Yeah,but you will still see people voting for him and his party in an election despite this.Some folk vote for the same old same old no matter what.:(
    And when the same olds retire they vote for the same old's son, daughter, wife, husband, second cousin once removed ...

I just happened in on this interview......who is this woman?

She's very impressive!

I just happened in on this interview......who is this woman? She's very impressive!

The Voice UK contestant Sharon Murphy... Yeah she seems very nice..

"It has to be said"
    "And that story will go on and on and on"
    "And we will leave.. that ... there"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

She sounds a lot like Joan Armatrading.

• Advertisement

She sounds a lot like Joan Armatrading.

Sinead O'Armatrading...

I just happened in on this interview......who is this woman?

She's very impressive!

Pity she can't sing.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Pity she can't sing.

Agreed. She's very articulate and engaging to listen to, ( despite Marion's stuttering interviewing technique). I wouldn't be a fan of that falsetto singing style though.

I supported one of those campaigns... Everybody in my country gave 2 euro a year for a woman who claimed that she would read the newspapers every day of the week in preparation for her four hours of radio work..

This lyrics split up competition thing is just too painful to listen to , only teachers and pub quiz players will bother with that ****e .

This lyrics split up competition thing is just too painful to listen to , only teachers and pub quiz players will bother with that ****e .

It should be a live phone-in competition where real fans can go head to head with each other. Any gobdaw can google those opening lyrics and come up with Telegraph Road, and win tickets for a concert that they probably don't even want to go to.

Agreed. She's very articulate and engaging to listen to, ( despite Marion's stuttering interviewing technique). I wouldn't be a fan of that falsetto singing style though.

That song that she got all the acclaim for on The Voice just left me utterly cold, so I was hopeful when I heard her this morning give another song a go. I was disappointed, to put it mildly. I think there's a voice there, but needs some training.
    What the hell is it with cloth-eared audiences that they can't tell good from bad? Jeex, it actually causes me pain to hear bad singers.
    Marian's interview was like something out of the '70s. "Oh, you're black, fancy that. What's it like?" FFS, missus, get a grip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Marian's interview was like something out of the '70s. "Oh, you're black, fancy that. What's it like?" FFS, missus, get a grip.

Couldn't believe what I was listening to, yes, Ireland's 'right on liberal pc brigade' the actual racists and condescending to boot.

Today's Panel:
    Stephen O'Reardon
    Sinead Ryan
    Mannix Flynn
    Colm McCarthy
    Dermot Hanley.

Though I'd doubt that anybody will get a word in edgewise with Mannix being there.

• Advertisement

Mannix the martyr :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement