Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Think I'd be putting a pickaxe through the loudspeakers, not passing a law.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Missed the start of the show, did someone try to burn down his office, what goes around comes around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Ok Mannix , thanks for your contribution , now go off an fix your window like a good mannix. This is going to be unlistenable to if he's kept on for the rest of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Think I'd be putting a pickaxe through the loudspeakers, not passing a law.

As a part time musician myself, I honestly dont know how the staff in the main street shops stay sane.. I mean there's only so many times that you can hear the same song over and over and over...

Mannix has the conch for the first twenty minutes.. I bet the others are just playing cards over the other side of the studioe...

Seanad reform is one of his policy's , what a radical!

• Advertisement

15 minutes advertisement for Air B&B... The new section of Marion's show "Ask The Shill".

I thought CAmeron did fairly well in that clip , but he didn't study Latin so he gets a condescending remark from a nobody on the Marion show who made a wrong choice on his CAO form.

Oh please let us not have to listen to this self serving clown for another hour... Paul Murphy wants to be the hero of the angry masses, but not be responsible for any of their behaviour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Oh please let us not have to listen to this self serving clown for another hour... Paul Murphy wants to be the hero of the angry masses, but not be responsible for any of their behaviour.

We had to listen to Bertie the conman and Michael martin and he's band or crooks long enough over the years, time for some new voices.

The political correspondents and the politicians in this country are all connected and from the same cess pool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus Paul Murphy needs to change the message. Not EVERYONE is against you and out to get you Paul. It's not a conspiracy.

I hear that marion is off this week.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I hear that marion is off this week.

Researching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Jesus Paul Murphy needs to change the message. Not EVERYONE is against you and out to get you Paul. It's not a conspiracy.

He will be a shoo in at the next election, but then so will will Michael Lowry in Tipp, if they were on the same ballot paper I know who I would be voting for...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

signostic wrote: »
    He will be a shoo in at the next election, but then so will will Michael Lowry in Tipp, if they were on the same ballot paper I know who I would be voting for...
    Ah go on, tell us!

chinwag wrote: »
    Ah go on, tell us!

on the other hand I might have an overwhelming urge to spoil my vote

That Labour TD from Waterford says "ya know" quite alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

signostic wrote: »
    That Labour TD from Waterford says "ya know" quite alot

Not to good on the maths either, 'the polls showed labour at 19%,but at the end of the day only 1 in 5 voted for us'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Infoanon wrote: »
    Not to good on the maths either, 'the polls showed labour at 19%,but at the end of the day only 1 in 5 voted for us'
    It will be even less next election, Labour has betrayed working people, Fianna Fáil is the party of ''big business'' Fine Gael is the party of big farmers, they serve the farmers well resently by selling beef to the Yanks, first time in 16 years, and good luck to them, they represent their voters well.
    But working people continued to be screwed, Labour will pay for that in the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

Paul Murphy seems to love out on RTE campus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

I hear you, but...I just listened to it again on the late night re-run and Ms Lawlor posed the original question to Murphy and then tackled him a number of times, cutting him short on one particular avenue he wanted to use to amplify his point...she then went around the other 4 contributors and allowed them to speak (against him) for several minutes each uninterrupted, before going back to PM for more discussion where she again checked him and some of the others also took him on...when he concluded by saying the media have a particular viewpoint, cue shrieks of outrage in concert from all the others!

You and I may not agree with him on this issue, but RTE do have a habit of framing debates around a particular mind-set that exists within the station...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭serfboard

PM does not need to change the message, it's working remarakably well for him. He's in the media far more than any other (non-cabinet member) TD.

Pointless doing this ghost nonsense on the radio, not that there was much merit in doing it for TV either..

"So strong willed women will annoy him because we're not demure enough"

And if that doesnt do it, your laugh certainly will Aíne...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I will refer you to his late late show ambush.
    All he was short of being blamed for was WW2.

mikom wrote: »

I think it's a mistake at this stage to consider an interview with Tubridy as a serious political interview, as one would an interview with Pat Kenny or Miriam O'Callaghan...

Well he was being interviewed by that Fianna fail stooge Ryan tubridy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ah come on! Murphy waffled like the best of them and wasn't afraid to do a good old Pontius Pilate job on his "followers". Any time he's put under pressure (and God knows Tubs is hardly a hard core interviewer :)) he has nothing but the same tired old rhetoric and vacuous slogans, I'm against, I'm against, I'm against - absolutely zero constructive to offer.
    To suggest Tubs "ambushed" him is to give a degree of credit to Tubs that frankly any regular watcher of the Late Late knows is well beyond Tubs job description. I'd suggest you watch that prog again - Murphy did appear surprisingly nervous & certainly drank a hell of a lot of Irish Water over the course of the interview :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Callan57 wrote: »
    Ah come on! Murphy waffled like the best of them and wasn't afraid to do a good old Pontius Pilate job on his "followers". Any time he's put under pressure (and God knows Tubs is hardly a hard core interviewer :)) he has nothing but the same tired old rhetoric and vacuous slogans, I'm against, I'm against, I'm against - absolutely zero constructive to offer.
    To suggest Tubs "ambushed" him is to give a degree of credit to Tubs that frankly any regular watcher of the Late Late knows is well beyond Tubs job description. I'd suggest you watch that prog again - Murphy did appear surprisingly nervous & certainly drank a hell of a lot of Irish Water over the course of the interview :):)

I'd suggest you watch that the Ryan Tubridy Enda Kenny/Brian Cowan interviews again.
    Just for a bit of perspective like............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I'd suggest you watch that the Ryan Tubridy Enda Kenny/Brian Cowan interviews again.
    Just for a bit of perspective like............

Surely you jest :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

serfboard wrote: »
    PM does not need to change the message, it's working remarakably well for him. He's in the media far more than any other (non-cabinet member) TD.

Eh? Every time I turn on a telly I have Mary Lou McDonald looking back at me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

Callan57 wrote: »
    Ah come on! Murphy waffled like the best of them and wasn't afraid to do a good old Pontius Pilate job on his "followers".

Dont get the Pontius Pilate reference, can you expand?

Aine lawlor is intolerable on this show , everything's a giggle with her , absolutely no depth to her interviews , surely the national broadcaster can do better than this, it's embarrasing , what's more all this is available to the whole world now online , we can't hide this shoddy amateur broadcasting anymore .

Yoga is on the satanism scale now ? Right okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Who is the Sinn Fein guy?

So this sinn Féin guy thinks if they get into government the next day all the bad stuff will be fixed ? Mad stuff.

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Does it matter?, they've all been at boot camp so there's no variety in the message , Sinn Fein needs a few renegades to liven up things a bit , like someone from longford or somewhere who doesn't think those on 100k should be on an 85% tax rate .

So this sinn Féin guy thinks if they get into government the next day all the bad stuff will be fixed ? Mad stuff.

They could use your username as an election slogan.:D

(I hope you own the copyright)

They could use your username as an election slogan.:D

(I hope you own the copyright)

Btw any party claiming that is madness as that's not that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Oops69 wrote: »
    Aine lawlor is intolerable on this show , everything's a giggle with her , absolutely no depth to her interviews , surely the national broadcaster can do better than this, it's embarrasing , what's more all this is available to the whole world now online , we can't hide this shoddy amateur broadcasting anymore .
    I consider Aine Lawlor quite tolerable, and prefer her to the show's eponymous host.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Matt Carthy, MEP for the Midlands-North-West constituency.

• Advertisement

I can't understand the fascination with the Oscars. It's just a bunch of luvies having their annual navel-gazing night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I can't understand the fascination with the Oscars. It's just a bunch of luvies having their annual navel-gazing night out.

ya just described what goes on in this show every week !

which should explain things.

:D

another atrocious show by aine. seems marion learned her lesson well with charlie bird and her replacements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Does it matter?, they've all been at boot camp so there's no variety in the message , Sinn Fein needs a few renegades to liven up things a bit , like someone from longford or somewhere who doesn't think those on 100k should be on an 85% tax rate .

They have Peadar Tóibín, who's not "on message" on abortion, does that count? (i.e. he has a markedly regressive position, as opposed to the party's not-very-progressive one.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I don't like Aines presenting style at all, she asks the questions and then after the guests utter about 3-5 words, she butts in either asking another question, or making a statement of some sort, or giggling.

Some of them may be talking sh1te, but stop interrupting.Its as if she wants to hurry up the whole show.....rush rush rush:(......enough.

Marion must be gone on her honeymoon possibly?

jimmyw wrote: »
    Marion must be gone on her honeymoon possibly?

She's been on her honeymoon since RTE move her to that weekend slot and decided she was worth 500k for four hours..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

jimmyw wrote: »
    I don't like Aines presenting style at all, she asks the questions and then after the guests utter about 3-5 words, she butts in either asking another question, or making a statement of some sort, or giggling.

I only heard about the first half hour, so maybe Aine's novelty on this format's yet to wear off. I certainly rate her work on "proper" news and current affairs shows. Might be a reflex honed on waffly politicians who'd "just like this opportunity to say" rather than answering the actual question.

I did a real double-take last weekend when Ní Bheoláin was subbing for Lawlor on The Week in Politics -- especially as I was listening rather than watching during the intro. It must Job Swap Month on RTE. What next, Dave Fanning presents Easter Sunday Mass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I'm with you 100%.

At least I can listen to Morning Ireland knowing she won't be there.

Never listen or watch when she's on.

Aine again today.....and tomorrow presumably

She's away again... That's great value you're getting out of her RTE, well done on that...

Stephanie Roche is a really good speaker.. Very honest of her to admit she cringed when she look at herself in one of the photos... There's an honesty about her that is refreshing...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement