Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Don't hold your breath horse,lot of water to flow under the bridge before these aspirations come to pass.

I would agree with this. While the groundswell of public opinion is turning against the millionaires in rte, there is still a quantum leap between rte management feeding populist stories to news hungry hacks and montrose management biting the bullet and staring down overpaid presenters long past their sell by date, chief amongst them being finucane. The truth is rte hold all the cards here. Even if rte chose to slash pay of people like finucane, kenny, tubs by 70 % or more , they would still be getting paid more from rte than they could possibly expect to get elsewhere in ireland. Are newstalk seriously going to be able to afford to pay joe duffy his current 400k salary ? I dont think so. Similarly tv3 will never be able to pay tubs' current wage so what are rte afraid of ? Nobody in rte, be they on air staff or off air should be paid in excess of 100k euro, end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Of course Newstalk or indeed any other national stations wouldn't be able to match the current salaries of the self-styled glitterati out in Montrose.

I doubt if Duffy would be offered even half of what he's on by any other broadcaster in
    this country, similary Marzie would hardly expect any other organisation to offer her the idiotic terms she currently enjoys for her four hour a week (that is when she's actually on air) stint.

In other words RTE should have them over a barrell, but sadly of course - and you are both right in this regard - the egotistical culture that pervades Montrose just wouldn't have it in them to clip the wings of the high-flyers or tangle with their agents.

Like to think and believe otherwise but a token cut in those inflated pay-packets is probably all that can be expected, apart of course from the ritual threats from "the talent" of moving elsewhere, as if!, and then bleating about making sacrifices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The thing is though that all the presenters in question here are part of the woodwork out in Donnybrook now...they know all the right people, "quiet words" can be had, "ah now come on now" moments and phonecalls to higher ups.
    It's no accident that they got the big money in the first go off; it wasn't to stop potential poaching, it was because through back channels, they could negotiate their way to these packages.

The spotlight will be on the process much more this time around, but I think I speak for many when I say "I'll believe it when I see it". Cathal McGowan Noel Curran can give all the press conferences he likes and talk of public concern and past failings, but even 30% cut at this stage (from 2008 levels) will still be outrageous money (I don't care if I sound like a "begrudger" here) and is too little too late.

It's all way too cosy out in the RTÉ campus and that's the only way they know how to do things... a quick tip of the hat to "concerned licence payers" is great PR but falls a long way short of actual change. Seeing is believing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Marian Finucane devoted almost 25 minutes of the Sunday Edition of her programme to a discussion of the Keane Report on Mortgage Arrears. It was published on Wednesday, giving her ample time to read it. It was clear to me that she had not read it and was depending on her reading of a few articles by other journalists for her opinions.

Pat Rabbitte asked her if she had read it......excerpt here.

So one quarter of her programme was devoted to a news item which centred on a report which ran to less than 50 pages and I don't believe she bothered to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Wertz wrote: »
    The thing is though that all the presenters in question here are part of the woodwork out in Donnybrook now...they know all the right people, "quiet words" can be had, "ah now come on now" moments and phonecalls to higher ups.
    It's no accident that they got the big money in the first go off; it wasn't to stop potential poaching, it was because through back channels, they could negotiate their way to these packages.

The spotlight will be on the process much more this time around, but I think I speak for many when I say "I'll believe it when I see it". Cathal McGowan can give all the press conferences he likes and talk of public concern and past failings, but even 30% cut at this stage (from 2008 levels) will still be outrageous money (I don't care if I sound like a "begrudger" here) and is too little too late.

It's all way too cosy out in the RTÉ campus and that's the only way they know how to do things... a quick tip of the hat to "concerned licence payers" is great PR but falls a long way short of actual change. Seeing is believing...

was reading the story in the INDO today and if the figures theyre qouting are right pat and marion wont take a pay cut

as theyre already down the 30% from 2008 on their current wages.

joe duffy however is not

and he's looking at a cut from 400k to 286k

STILL stupid money that wouldnt be given to him by any private conscern but might explain why joes been the only one giving out about these "cuts"

:)

TBH i think RTE are still taking the piss. why is pat on 650k when VinnyB is taking home 56k at TV3 ?

Theres still PLENTY of gravy to be cut here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If RTE dont get shot of Finucane and her half million a year, then they are at nothing.. At least you could argue that Tubridy, Duffy and Kenny puts in the hours... Marian Finucane expects to be paid 500k for four hours, ~30 weeks of the year.. Her arrogance, sense of entitlement and confrontational disposition with Mike Murphy in that interview was absolutely disgusting..

She seems to pride herself on asking the hard questions of everybody else, especially those on huge wages in the public sector (yet still on less money than herself!!), but is very uncomfortable when people reasonably ask how she can justify her own wages..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

If RTE dont get shot of Finucane and her half million a year, then they are at nothing.. At least you could argue that Tubridy, Duffy and Kenny puts in the hours... Marian Finucane expects to be paid 500k for four hours, ~30 weeks of the year.. Her arrogance, sense of entitlement and confrontational disposition with Mike Murphy in that interview was absolutely disgusting..

She seems to pride herself on asking the hard questions of everybody else, especially those on huge wages in the public sector (yet still on less money than herself!!), but is very uncomfortable when people reasonably ask how she can justify her own wages..

This presenter typifies all that is wrong with Ireland.

Everybody knows she is getting paid way way way beyond the norm for current conditions.

Nobody does anything about it

What will happen?

people on the periphery out in the cattery will suffer while the so called 'stars'
    will feast on the rich pickings of their cohorts in management while giving the two fingers to the struggling state.

Preposterous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

While I agree that many in RTE get paid too much and none more so than Marian, what would you do if you were her? Turn it down? I doubt it.
    The problem is that someone in RTE signs off on these wages. I have a feeling contract discussions aren't exactly hard ball such is the incestous climate within RTE.Everybody knows each other,the outside production companies that RTE are required to spend some of their budget on are very often owned by current and ex RTE staff.
    If you run in to money problems in the real world, don't worry you can come back to RTE and they will make up a programme for you.
    Don't want to retire because you were greedy and stupid in your investments more than once in your lifetime? Don't worry RTE will keep you on a retainer and create some programmes for you to do.
    RTE is run by its employees for its employees not for the public.

^
    The above is the real problem...one big happy family with a nice legislatively enforced income stream.
    Montrose mafia is a nice alliterative title but it's not far removed from the way things work.

Don't forget: Not happy with being a TD? Here come back and be our finance corespondent again.

While I agree that many in RTE get paid too much and none more so than Marian, what would you do if you were her? Turn it down? I doubt it.
    The problem is that someone in RTE signs off on these wages. I have a feeling contract discussions aren't exactly hard ball such is the incestous climate within RTE.Everybody knows each other,the outside production companies that RTE are required to spend some of their budget on are very often owned by current and ex RTE staff.
    If you run in to money problems in the real world, don't worry you can come back to RTE and they will make up a programme for you.
    Don't want to retire because you were greedy and stupid in your investments more than once in your lifetime? Don't worry RTE will keep you on a retainer and create some programmes for you to do.
    RTE is run by its employees for its employees not for the public.

Never a truer word spoken.

And you forgot, when you take a punt into politics and ,well, feel you don't like the hard work, you can always slink back into the cattery and be assured that you will not lose money and be back on our screens asap.

You won't be confronted by any hard nosed interviewers wondering why you let down the electorate and settled for the gravy train in Montrose.

You see we are all on the same team and hopefully nobody will have the chutzpah to take us on:cool:

So far that's the case anyway:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

RTE is supposed to publish it's top ten earners list every year, but afaik the last lot came out in October 2009. Are they trying to hide something, or more likely, avoid the inevitable shit storm it would cause given their 17 million euro deficit?

am i just in a narky mood or is todays show the biggest pile of shyte marions done in an age ?

she's got some biddy on now talking about spending over 3 hundred quid on "nordic cuisine" or some such bollocks.

marion just asked if that was a bit expensive.

all i could think was "its not as much as were bloody paying for this drivel!"

very strong paralells here between the shyte your woman ate, and the shyte im listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

You're absolutely right .... seriously boring prog today

Switched off 10 minutes into the bit about the guy who's daughter was taken by ex-wife. doesn't sound like I missed much afterwards...
    The host sounds like she's been hitting the cancer sticks especially hard of late too...

Good panel and a good debate about the referendum proposal on Dáil committees this morning...surprised at McCarthy in favour of this rushed draft.
    We all want blood and guts on the matter of the banking thing... we just don't want them at the expense of future mis direction of actual justice.

The thing needs a re-write and some properly clarified wording before it's set in stone in the constitution...not the open ended mess that's being put to us...

Morning Wertz, that Noel Whelan lad is starting to really get to me now... He shouldnt be allowed on to defend Seán Gallagher.. they are both FF through and through... and apparently lived together in the same cumann house a few years ago.... Whelan's air of authority is laughable as well.. Him, the failed politician, telling all of the elected politicians what they are doing wrong..

I really like Colm McCarthy.. the man speaks nothing but sense, with no agenda..

Marion fairly shut down the Gallagher questions from whoever that woman is (Niamh someone? missed the start)...

I like McCarthy too usually...just surprised that he's in favour of the amendment.

As for Whelan, that's twice in three days he's been in the studio. Speaks volumes really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

(Niamh someone? missed the start)...

Brennan. Spouse of Mad Michael McDowell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Finucane saw the number of listeners tuning in to her Saturday morning programme fall from 403,000 last year to 335,000. The same number of people tuned into her Sunday morning programme, compared with 365,000 12 months ago.

I suspect she may not really feel that decline is any of her fault as she surveys the wreckage "sure I'm only here half the time!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭donaghs

Uncle Gaybo is getting involved now saying RTE's "stars" are worth "every cent".

The bit about them being freelance contractors is funny. There are thousands of people of people around the country working on freelance and temporary contracts. That doesnt mean they are entitled to a licence fee/taxpayer funded half a million a year for 4 hours work! :rolleyes:

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/entertainment-news/rte-stars-deserve-every-cent-gaybo-0017189-1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

donaghs wrote: »
    Uncle Gaybo is getting involved now saying RTE's "stars" are worth "every cent".

The bit about them being freelance contractors is funny. There are thousands of people of people around the country working on freelance and temporary contracts. That doesnt mean they are entitled to a licence fee/taxpayer funded half a million a year for 4 hours work! :rolleyes:

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/entertainment-news/rte-stars-deserve-every-cent-gaybo-0017189-1

'He would, wouldn't he' .... he still has his own snout in the trough. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Marion fairly shut down the Gallagher questions from whoever that woman is (Niamh someone? missed the start)...

I like McCarthy too usually...just surprised that he's in favour of the amendment.

As for Whelan, that's twice in three days he's been in the studio. Speaks volumes really...

People may like to take a look at RTE's Marian Finucane playback site, for Sunday Oct. 23rd

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/marianfinucane/2011-10-22.html

It is the only page for the show which has no playback for the Sunday show, where Prof. Niamh Brennan, wife of Michael McDowell, made some very strong comments regarding Mr. Sean Gallagher's accounts, using words like "illegal" accounting practices.

The archive limks are here, and all have links to both Saturday and Sunday shows, except for this date......why?

Now why is the playback missing, it's not on podcast either.....why?

We are living in a highly-censored society.

Does anyone know how to request a copy of this broadcast from RTE??

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

People may like to take a look at RTE's Marian Finucane playback site, for Sunday Oct. 23rd

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/marianfinucane/2011-10-22.html

It is the only page for the show which has no playback for the Sunday show, where Prof. Niamh Brennan, wife of Michael McDowell, made some very strong comments regarding Mr. Sean Gallagher's accounts, using words like "illegal" accounting practices.

The archive limks are here, and all have links to both Saturday and Sunday shows, except for this date......why?

Now why is the playback missing, it's not on podcast either.....why?

We are living in a highly-censored society.

Does anyone know how to request a copy of this broadcast from RTE??

Try this
    Or start the player on the saturday link you provided above, On the player pop up window click on 'view items on this show'. The new pop up window has a button 'view calendar'. Click on it and then the 23rd and away you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

mbur wrote: »
    Try this
    Or start the player on the saturday link you provided above, On the player pop up window click on 'view items on this show'. The new pop up window has a button 'view calendar'. Click on it and then the 23rd and away you go.

Thank you so very much, got it!!!.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradiowebpage.html#type=radio&rii=9%3A3088971%3A70%3A23%2D10%2D2011%3A

The link above is the programme....Prof. Niamh Brennan from 55 mins in is very interesting.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Marzie must be feeling the pinch now that she's down to a measly €399K.

Her programme is offering money saving tips for housholds at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I decided to bail out when the details about a very violent death were recounted by the victims daughter. Saturday morning or Saturday mourning radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

mike65 wrote: »
    I decided to bail out when the details about a very violent death were recounted by the victims daughter. Saturday morning or Saturday mourning radio?

It was a bit too much alright

its a terrible case and worth covering, but yeah i turned off too.

more of a subject for drivetime or the late debate, not something i fancy on a lovely day like today.

TBH besides that bit of a "non show", its kinda washed over me as backround noise to the extent that im only copping its over now.

good to hear the ol des bishop immersion sketch again though !

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

mike65 wrote: »
    Neither I would say.
    Looks like she got some lessons from Joe Duffy about the hunt for gory details. She was like a dog with a bone.

Alan Dukes was fairly scorpy this morning wasnt he...

• Advertisement

Yes he was and Marzie nearly lost control.

Fcuker was speaking sense, unlike that Union dude Paul who as usual put up the red flag.

For fcuks sake if you don't pay your debts, you won't get anymore credit.

Simples.

I think the fact that Dukes pulls a big pension from the state while also working makes him more part of the problem than the solution... The practice of ex civil/public servants getting full pension while still working is the FIRST thing that should be stopped... You are either working or you are not... At the very least it should be means tested...

Interesting to hear Ganley discussing the rewards systems that were in place in some public service departments... There is a severe dearth of moral courage among public service management that is for sure.. And I dont think we are taking the economic crisis seriously until a) the ridiculous practices within the public services are stopped and b) all the deadwood staff (e.g. ex health board workers, people in planning departments etc) are reassigned to just simply made redundant.. But I guess The Croke Park Agreement makes sure that any of the required reforms will not happen..

I think the fact that Dukes pulls a big pension from the state while also working makes him more part of the problem than the solution... The practice of ex civil/public servants getting full pension while still working is the FIRST thing that should be stopped... You are either working or you are not... At the very least it should be means tested...

Interesting to hear Ganley discussing the rewards systems that were in place in some public service departments... There is a severe dearth of moral courage among public service management that is for sure.. And I dont think we are taking the economic crisis seriously until a) the ridiculous practices within the public services are stopped and b) all the deadwood staff (e.g. ex health board workers, people in planning departments etc) are reassigned to just simply made redundant.. But I guess The Croke Park Agreement makes sure that any of the required reforms will not happen..

Lad was asked to take over, so I wouldn't hold that against him.

At the end of the day what the whole programme told me is the same auld stuff I have been boring people here with for aeons .

VESTED INTERESTS Everybody trying to protect their own patch, blame the other people and waffle and debate and have meetings till the cows come home.

Dukes at least has to implement stuff, way too easy to come on and bullhorn out 'theories' that nobody can understand.

Implement them-there's the task.

Remember Alan Ahearne, the dude from Galway with the half american accent who lived on MI and seemingly knew the answer to everything?

Co-opted by Cowen in to sort out Finance and hasn't been seen or focking heard since:eek:

No sight nor light, where is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

The question was put to Dukes 'why did Anglo not buyback the Anglo bonds at 60c(instead of paying back at par), Dukes waffled for about 3 minutes on an unrelated topic and Marian let him away with it....

In his favour at least he was honest enough to admit that he voted no in the oireachtas referendum.

Watchout Dukes - Shatter will be blaming you next !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Infoanon wrote: »
    The question was put to Dukes 'why did Anglo not buyback the Anglo bonds at 60c(instead of paying back at par), Dukes waffled for about 3 minutes on an unrelated topic and Marian let him away with it....

That's simply not true: he answered the question.

That's simply not true: he answered the question.

yeah to be fair, Dukes say that it may not have been allowed to happen... because of undue influence in the markets by a sovereign state or some such... There was also the point made during the week on another show that we would have had to approach the ECB to borrow the money to buy the knocked down priced bonds as well.... and given that we have borrowed a fortune from them already, they probably would not have been prepared to give us MORE money to buy the knocked down bonds..

I feel physically sick after listening to Harry Crosbie just now.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Lapin wrote: »

To paraphrase mr Crosbie:
    WE chose the site (for the children hospital) so well, you will need a police escort to get to it.

Is any more proof needed, this is going to be another monumental cock up. Thanks Bertie.

Lapin wrote: »

Aye, "they've looked at all the traffic issues"...FFS you'll need a helicopter to get to it if they build any more stuff around that part of the city... I bring a relation of mine to an eye clinic in the Mater every so often, and at the wrong time it can take me the same amount of time to get from the airport to Mater as it does for me to get from Dundalk to the airport.
    I'd love to know why this is being pushed and pushed and pushed for the site it's going, who made the big bucks on the land and what ever... I mean at one point someone was offering the land over near the M50 for a song and also to build some of the lace at cost...and yet they still opt for the N city centre.

.....I'd love to know why this is being pushed and pushed and pushed for the site it's going, who made the big bucks on the land and what ever... I mean at one point someone was offering the land over near the M50 for a song and also to build some of the lace at cost...and yet they still opt for the N city centre.

Here's why Wertz.
    mbur wrote: »
    Bertie.

:(

• Advertisement

Aye but the cupboard dweller has been gone for some time now...surely his past influence deosn't stretch this far into the future and into the realm of another political era (FG/Lab Dáil)...or is like that old one about the provos having not gone away you know...
    Plenty of people in political opposition were hopping up and down about this back when Harney was doing Ahern's bidding.... now they're in power things just carry on and Dr.Connoly or whoever says that it probably for the best?
    A rank amateur like myself can see that that site is lunacy for a national hospital... any civil engineer or traffic planner would tell you the same...all that brushed aside so some ex Dublin North TDs can have their constituents' children treated within minutes as opposed to a matter of many hours in some cases for kids from the rest of the nation? I have to think that there's more to it than just Ahern.
    ...and WTF is Crosbie even doing on a board like that anyhow? Isn't he in NAMA?

...and WTF is Crosbie even doing on a board like that anyhow? Isn't he in NAMA?

Just listened to this back on recording... I also found his persistent talking about "WE" in relation to "wanting the best for children" and all sort of other populist aspirations a bit sickening myself....

"It will make a dramatic difference to sick children in every single family in Ireland" ... He IS in NAMA and has contributed in helping to impoverish the children of the future, rather than improve their lot as he would like to portray on The Marian Finucane Show..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Just listened to this back on recording... I also found his persistent talking about "WE" in relation to "wanting the best for children" and all sort of other populist aspirations a bit sickening myself....

"It will make a dramatic difference to sick children in every single family in Ireland" ... He IS in NAMA and has contributed in helping to impoverish the children of the future, rather than improve their lot as he would like to portray on The Marian Finucane Show..

In fact, you might remember him bragging on the LLS(I think) that "all the best people are".

Marion has written a book based on her Saturday morning interviews... She was on with D'Arcy promoting it this morning, when he asked her about her salary..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Marion has written a book based on her Saturday morning interviews... She was on with D'Arcy promoting it this morning, when he asked her about her salary..

Fair dues to Ray, asked the tough questions, in a direct and frank manner...great stuff (except for the "universally respected" bit obviously)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

She's very vague in that interview.

Can't stand the woman.

And she keeps saying that she does way more hours than the 4 on a Saturday and Sunday. You wouldn't think it. She's basically sitting down having a chat with people.

Even if she did a full 40 hour week, she still doesn't deserve what she's on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭donaghs

In the news again today, denying she got over half a million a year for fours hours on the radio.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/marian-finucane-claims-i-get-euro500k-for-four-hours-a-week-are-lsquobaloneyrsquo-2935687.html

She doesnt seem to categorically deny getting the money, rather, she's implying she works all hours in advance of the show. Hilariously saying there were "endless hours of research" for her shows. The odd gentle interview, reading through the news headlines, doesn't warrant much research, especially compared the amount of detail say Pat Kenny would get through in his radio show. There are also paid researchers working for her (here's one: http://www.rte.ie/radio1/investigate/1183519.html). Maybe she's going to fortune tellers to find out what's in the papers at the weekend?

Most definitely a parallel universe she inhabits.

Neil Prendeville on cork 96fm had a right go off her this morning. It was great stuff, pulled no punches. Referred to an interview she did where she essentially said she watches tv all day long as research.

You won't hear this plain talking, tell is like it is analysis on any of the national stations that's for damn sure. Thought newstalk would have more of a go at it to be honest, maybe i missed it? Ray was great yesterday but the fawning over her kind of ruined it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

Curiously, i used to like her program and used to listen, but I find myself in the last year or no no longer listening. Frankly, I find myself unaccountably unable to listen to her, knowing that she is paid such obscene amounts of money, for broadcasting 4 hours a week which includes what seems to be about 20 weeks holidays too.

It makes her seem to have more in common with all those two faced money grubbing politicians, than anyone else.

Isn't it funny how we can be turned off listening to someone who is a good broadcaster, because of their apparently greedy and self serving attitudes.

• Advertisement

easychair wrote: »
    Curiously, i used to like her program and used to listen, but I find myself in the last year or no no longer listening. Frankly, I find myself unaccountably unable to listen to her, knowing that she is paid such obscene amounts of money, for broadcasting 4 hours a week which includes what seems to be about 20 weeks holidays too.

It makes her seem to have more in common with all those two faced money grubbing politicians, than anyone else.

Isn't it funny how we can be turned off listening to someone who is a good broadcaster, because of their apparently greedy and self serving attitudes.

Totally agree with everything you say here. I also used to like her but now totally put off by her salary to actual hours worked ratio.

It really is obscene.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement