Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

1189190191192193195»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Oops69 wrote: »
    why are there 200+ vacant 'gold- plated ' consultant posts at present so ?.

Not enough gold plated on them, bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Callan57 wrote: »
    Simplistic .... there are huge vested interests in health. From consultants on gold plated salaries & conditions, insurance companies etc And also the fact that those with decision making powers, whether politicians, senion HSE staff or union bosses, all have private health insurance you can bet (in many cases paid for by the state!) so no incentive for them to make sure there is a properly functioning public health service. An awful lot of people who are doing very nicely out of the current mess and who are 100% opposed to any change ... and why wouldn't they.

I really don't know how it can be solved but kicking the lowest leg of the stool is just lazy and pointless.

Correct and right Callan, it’s the vested interest in there is the problem.

Bottom to top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

And John Fitzgerald will have his free travel pass by now as well, so it's even more comfortable for him to pontificate .I'd say he's raging he had to retire before the public service retirement age was raised to 70.

I thought it was quite revealing that he said he bought a second hand hybrid car for €20,000. An interesting approach from a very well off economist when people a lot less wealthy are jumping on the 191/PCP treadmill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

why are there 200+ vacant 'gold- plated ' consultant posts at present so ?.

Oops! Siptu don't represent consultants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

elperello wrote: »
    I thought it was quite revealing that he said he bought a second hand hybrid car for €20,000.

Yeah I thought that this was a very strange admission as well. The man has been in senior public sector roles for many decades and has no doubt been very generously remunerated, and yet here he is going around the second hand car lots for a hybrid.

Though given the nature of the man, I wouldn't be surprised if he blew another 20k on magic beans on the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Correct and right Callan, it’s the vested interest in there is the problem.

Bottom to top
    The unions have no vested interests? , really lads stop deluding yourselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    As we're closing in on the dreaded 10.000th post I'm preemptively locking this thread. Please find the new thread here that has all the posts from today's thread moved over to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement