Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭serfboard

That was some panel yesterday. Gerald Keane, MLOD and Paul Williams. Any one of them would be enough to make you switch off, but the three together?

Turned over to Anton Savage who had an interesting interview with the fella that wrote "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas".

I noted as well Marian mentioning over the course of the weekend how it was a "bank holiday" weekend - like we should all be extremely thankful to her for showing up to work.

As someone said on another thread, their salaries were cut by how much? since the peak and none of them f**ked off anywhere else. Keep cutting then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Marion ,tell him stop banging the table. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i missed the begining.

who's this guy and whats he on about as ive been listening for a couple of minutes and still cant figure it out.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

i missed the begining.

who's this guy and whats he on about as ive been listening for a couple of minutes and still cant figure it out.

:D
    Name is Kevin Kelly, used to own Image mag. Greatest waffler and name-dropper I've ever heard.

Thought it was some media head but all i could think of was that gobshyte from VIP .

Man that one rambled all over the place.

and now were back on the fecking pope again (albeit the ex one )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Finucane really does phone it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This is fairly tetchy for an interview that would have been expected to be a love in... Few smart responses from Jack which I'm sure Marian didnt appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

The interview this morning with Kevin Kelly was an ideal fit for RTE and Marion in particular: self-absorbed and dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

The interview this morning with Kevin Kelly was an ideal fit for RTE and Marion in particular: self-absorbed and dull.

I had no idea who the guy was but Lord does he ever listen to himself? ... puke inducing in the extreme. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It was a bit weird that Marian played that Jack Jones song after having a debate with him about the lyrics. She must have been playing it through gritted teeth. Strange song though. Burt Bacharach must have been going through a misogynistic phase when he wrote it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She's ventured to Athlone today..what are the odds FFer Mary O'Rourke will be on?

Ugh Mary O'Rourke is on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

poor Brian:mad:

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ugh Mary O'Rourke is on..

Ah for the love of God, more revisionism now - conveniently forgetting he was Minister For Finance AND in govt all through the previous years. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What the fcuk is happening here?

is he dead?

Eddie Hobbs was a bus driver in 1966 and crashed a bus

How old is he?

.... and Eddie Hobbs, isn't he the great advisor who was so big into releasing equity in your home (and hobbling yourself with debt!).
    Get off the stage Eddie & bring Mammie O'Rourke with you :mad:

Hobbs: Garda & nurses borrowed heavily like everybody else.
    Eh no Eddie, not everybody borrowed, never mind borrowed heavily.

Is that Callan's Kicks supposed to be funny? Pathetic effort at comedy :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

"five pregnancies kicked out of her..."

jesus Marion, don't hold back! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The beautification of Brian lenihan continues on RTE. Was he the same man that sold the country into a never ending debt, to bail out the banks and developers from the Galway tent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who is the fella from the 1950s?

edit - some retired priest.

Now Bestiality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

The beautification of Brian lenihan continues on RTE. Was he the same man that sold the country into a never ending debt, to bail out the banks and developers from the Galway tent!

FF have been broken up into "good FF" and "bad FF"; they loaded all the toxic memories and legacies onto Ahern and Cowen, while Martin and Lenihan somehow come out untainted

goose2005 wrote: »
    FF have been broken up into "good FF" and "bad FF"; ......
    Which one does Willie (make-my-day) O'Dea belong to??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Which one does Willie (make-my-day) O'Dea belong to??

He is in "good FF" now, as the pics below show he was once in "baaaad FF"

willie-odea-gun-l.jpg?w=640

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmg1K7yHtVBbieFWLP6Nv1_aedgVZq-jtqE16dhGubjZ3f4idE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I can see the bould Willie getting a part in Love Hate.

signostic wrote: »
    He is in "good FF" now, as the pics below show he was once in "baaaad FF"

willie-odea-gun-l.jpg?w=640

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmg1K7yHtVBbieFWLP6Nv1_aedgVZq-jtqE16dhGubjZ3f4idE

or

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Listened back to that incessant old harpy Mary O'Rourke...
    "There was an unconscious decision to spend towards the next general election, in which we were aided and abetted by all in opposition as we know, that's constantly being said too.... 'more, more.. more please." like Oliver Twist with porridge.. Whatever was looked for was given twice over. And we were all party to it"

This attitude that the opposition were to blame for the crash because they called for increases in spending, REALLY gets on my nerves... Her party were in control, and the most salient point is that FF made terrible decisions of their own accord. They were "aided and abetted" not by the opposition parties, but by a patently incompetent, self serving and cowardly civil service.

The opposition parties did NOT have their hands on the reins of power, and did not have access to the accounts or the advice of the civil servants in the relevant departments.. And since when has a party in Government ever taken the advice of an opposition party? It is a disgrace that there was no voice in studio (whether a then opposition TD or Marian herself) to tackle Mary O'Rourke on her revisionism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Well you have got to pay top dollars to get the best and the brightest to make "unconscious decisions".

So the cabinet table was in a coma? Or just drunk to the state of unconsciousness?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Marian is sounding a lot more like Miriam recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

These ebay sellers are sounding very fake, using the wrong terminology like " i use bid now" :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Aine Lawlor doing a good job this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Colours

Infoanon wrote: »
    Aine Lawlor doing a good job this morning

I agree. I always enjoy listening to Áine Lawlor.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭DownBeaten

Colours wrote: »
    I agree. I always enjoy listening to Áine Lawlor.

... until they brought our own pretend Terry Wogan. The guy with the comprehensive knowledge of bad pop musak. And he's the same guy who presents a morning programme on what was once an arts station.

DownBeaten wrote: »
    ... until they brought our own pretend Terry Wogan. The guy with the comprehensive knowledge of bad pop musak. And he's the same guy who presents a morning programme on what was once an arts station.

Ah I like poor old Marty - I'm not good in the morning & he wakes me up gently & he doesn't have an inflated opinion of himself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

For one who isn't a wet day in Leinster House, Helen McEntee sure has swallowed the FG spin book whole.

Really enjoyed the interview with Prof. David McConnell .. always a very interesting man & an immensly fascinating subject.

Don't know why they bothered bringing in Gerry Daly though, he hardly had a word to say.

That interview with Helen McEntee will give me nightmares - imagine Michael Noonan & Enda on surf bords in Bundoran ... too much for a Saturday morning. :)

Áine Lawlor is excellent & should be given the show full time, great to be able to listen to the show without the constant coughing, snorting & breath catching.

Helen Mc Entee gave a very polished performance this morning and was obviously well rehearsed - however Aine Lawlor is not Marian and got out of Helen that her father Shane did not follow social media - which flys in the face of the accusations made by certain politicians at the time of Shane Mc Entees death.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Helen Mc Entee gave a very polished performance this morning and was obviously well rehearsed - however Aine Lawlor is not Marian and got out of Helen that her father Shane did not follow social media - which flys in the face of the accusations made by certain politicians at the time of Shane Mc Entees death.
    Agree with that. Every time there is a case of bullying or suicide of a young person, all these talking heads start blaming social media. It's like blaming a wall when there is some offensive graffiti written on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Aine was very good this morning. Tuned in late was there any explanation as to where 'herself' was?

• Advertisement

Layinghen wrote: »
    Aine was very good this morning. Tuned in late was there any explanation as to where 'herself' was?

No mention whatsoever ... getting a head start on the teachers I guess :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Listened back to that incessant old harpy Mary O'Rourke...

This attitude that the opposition were to blame for the crash because they called for increases in spending, REALLY gets on my nerves... Her party were in control, and the most salient point is that FF made terrible decisions of their own accord. They were "aided and abetted" not by the opposition parties, but by a patently incompetent, self serving and cowardly civil service.

The opposition parties did NOT have their hands on the reins of power, and did not have access to the accounts or the advice of the civil servants in the relevant departments.. And since when has a party in Government ever taken the advice of an opposition party? It is a disgrace that there was no voice in studio (whether a then opposition TD or Marian herself) to tackle Mary O'Rourke on her revisionism.

Ah now you cannot distance Fine Gael from it all.
    That would be like a witness to a serious crime not coming forward with the truth and refusing to give evidence. Both guilty in my opinion.

Won't be listening till Aine is gone.:mad::mad::mad:

Aine playing a blinder today. Actually shutting up and letting the pannal tear strips off each other .

Looks like the mades let another good replacement on the airwaves :D

It would certainly be interesting to see Michael O'Leary take on the consultants the way he took on the pilots

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Joan Burton's constant interruptions, whining, moaning and shouting over everyone else is giving me a headache.

She is just about bearable on Tonight with Vincent Browne, but on a Sunday morning with a slight Eurovision hangover, she is painful.

David Beckham is definitely doing something for Maureen Gaffney this morning .... I can imagine sitting opposite Jim Power would incline you to esoteric musings :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Colours

Maureen Gaffney loves the sound of her own voice and keeps interjecting with drivel that doesn't enhance or inform the topic of discussion and on top of that it's hard to make out what she's actually trying to say because of her excessive reliance on "you know" and "sort of". I find her very irritating to listen to.

Colours wrote: »
    Maureen Gaffney loves the sound of her own voice and keeps interjecting with drivel that doesn't enhance or inform the topic of discussion and on top of that it's hard to make out what she's actually trying to say because of her excessive reliance on "you know" and "sort of". I find her very irritating to listen to.

She's some waffler right enough & the staged pauses as if she's about to expound the third secret of Fatima

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    Joan Burton's constant interruptions, whining, moaning and shouting over everyone else is giving me a headache.

A very bad performance from Joan Burton today - foolish enough to allow herself be sent in to defend Alan Shatter - was never going to work when Aine Lawlor was asking the questions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement