Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Mary O'Rourke on again to defend Brian Lenihan.. Ridiculous... Well, giving us her opinions on the Lions tour first.. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Mary O' Fúcking Rourke. :mad:

The bitch should be in prison for treason. Only in Ireland do we give former ministers a platform to spout their bullshít over the airwaves after they retire from screwing us. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Here we go again .... "issue of conscience" but only in relation to fertilized eggs no issue of conscience when the lives and health of living, breathing human beings is concerned. Such blatant hypocrisy is breathtaking.

Declan Ganley & Mattie McGrath .... now there's a concept to strike fear into the hearts of every rational person in the country.

"One of the reasons you wanted to be on the show today"

ffs, I was right... She's dictating the agenda now.. She should look to Lucinda as a public representative who seems to have a backbone, unlike anybody in her Government bar John McGuinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

have to admit.

love him or hate him theres a feirce sense that eddie hobbs is pissing in all the other guests tea cups and its making for some fun radio.

kinda like dunphy lite
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭stepinnman

Exactly - As if its a surprise but she clearer feels she has the pull - which she apparently has - to invite herself onto this, and no doubt other shows. I've texted in about it but what chance any dissenting voice will be aired?!

O'Rourke's description of Nigella sounds more like she's describing Finland's entry to the recent Eurovision.

970873_575933505761662_339646331_n.jpg

oh ya gotta love the circlejerk.

marion, working for the state. i.e RTE, has her show sponsered by...

....An Post i.e the state.

didnt think it was possible for us to be paying twice for her but there ya go :D

I think I've switched on MANU TV FF TV...

Brian if you think that the Seanad should be reformed, why didnt you mention it during the fourteen years you were in Government.. Mary O'Rourke' cooing in the background would make you sick..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mary O'Rourke thinks she is presenting the show :eek:

I wonder how Marian feels about Mary asking Brian Crowley about the abolition of the Seanad.

• Advertisement

im sure i heard marion say an post sponsered her show.

felt like FF the last 10min or so.

got a great laugh about egypt though, lad goes on indept about it, marsy talks about her holidays there.

That's Eddie Hobbs dropped from future shows, to be replaced by another ex Secretary General who wont rock the boat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

oh ya gotta love the circlejerk.

marion, working for the state. i.e RTE, has her show sponsered by...

....An Post i.e the state.

didnt think it was possible for us to be paying twice for her but there ya go :D

Ya kind of a perfect fit really, as neither seem to be delivering the goods!

That's Eddie Hobbs dropped from future shows, to be replaced by another ex Secretary General who wont rock the boat.

Nice little dig from Eddie there ... won't sit too well with the presenter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Why did we not get to hear the Anglo tapes this morning ?? discussing Drumms reaction with hearing whats being said is RTE and Marian at their best.

As for Mary O'Rourke - thought she was presenting the show at one stage - wonder if I phone up Marians producer and say I want to go own to protect an ex-FF will I find myself in the RTE studios next week.....

Infoanon wrote: »
    Why did we not get to hear the Anglo tapes this morning ?? discussing Drumms reaction with hearing whats being said is RTE and Marian at their best.

I listened to them last night on independent.ie ... It seems that the news at one played one of the new one and then played one of the old ones.. But they may have been picking the ones most relevant to the line of questioning for Patrick Honohan.

As for Mary O'Rourke - thought she was presenting the show at one stage - wonder if I phone up Marians producer and say I want to go own to defend an ex-FF will I find myself in the RTE studios next week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

have to admit.

love him or hate him theres a feirce sense that eddie hobbs is pissing in all the other guests tea cups and its making for some fun radio.

kinda like dunphy lite

Thought I'ld never say it, but Hobbs was dead on in his criticism of Higgins' self-righteous attempt to distance us from the strokery of the anglo bankers. It's purely a matter of scale. Sure, even poor old Mammy is getting afraid that Bowe and Drumm are being turned into folk heroes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Mary O'Rourke & Marian Finucane on the one show. Sums the cliquishness of that show up painfully.

It is disgusting beyond words that O'Rourke is paid for these "appearances" given her role as a leading member of one of this state's principal political oligarchies, a family which has been at the heart of supporting the Haughey and Ahern governments and defending everything they proposed throughout the years. She being the principal (highly rewarded) useful idiot put forward on radio and tv shows to do that defending.

No shame. No apologies. It's just a game to her where the more brazen she is the more proud she is.

As for that other ceolán, has anybody every rationally explained why Finucane, or any of her fellow "stars" in RTÉ, are paid more than €100k per annum from Irish taxpayers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭serfboard

Rebelheart wrote: »
    has anybody every rationally explained why Finucane, or any of her fellow "stars" in RTÉ, are paid more than €100k per annum from Irish taxpayers?
    I'll happily wait for that explanation after it is explained why Mary O'Rourke, Brian Cowen, Bertie et al are paid 100K for the rest of their lives, for, presumably, doing such a fine job in running ruining the country.

Straight from the studio to Michael Murphy in the newsroom.
    Did Marian forget the Angelus today?

I know there isn't one on a Sunday, but a Saturday?

Not that I'm complaining. I think its time the archaic call to prayer was done away with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Hah! Bang on Lapin, she's just mortified, so she is. Bolt of lightning any moment now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

You're on the ball there Lapin......

Holy God........forgetting the Angelus???????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Lapin wrote: »
    Straight from the studio to Michael Murphy in the newsroom.
    Did Marian forget the Angelus today?

I know there isn't one on a Sunday, but a Saturday?

Not that I'm complaining. I think its time the archaic call to prayer was done away with.

"That's the start of it! That's what happens when you let abortion into the country!":D

Very cosy interview - 'chat' - between Lucinda and Marian, horse riding/farm in Mallow - never got around to asking the question being raised in todays papets - is Lucinda going to accept her big pay off for resigning as a minister for state....

• Advertisement

Very cosy interview - 'chat' - between Lucinda and Marian, horse riding/farm in Mallow - never got around to asking the question being raised in todays papets - is Lucinda going to accept her big pay off for resigning as a minister for state....

It was nothing but a cuddly chat & a few texts from family & friends.
    She resigned her position why is she entitled to a payoff? Oh how silly of me sure this is Ireland :rolleyes:

Just listening to Saturday Sport now and it appears that Des Cahil has forgotten the Angelus too.

Straight from an update on the Ashes to the newsroom at 6 o clock.

Maybe someone in Montrose forgot to bring the bells in with them today !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Lapin wrote: »
    Just listening to Saturday Sport now and it appears that Des Cahil has forgotten the Angelus too.

Straight from an update on the Ashes to the newsroom at 6 o clock.

Maybe someone in Montrose forgot to bring the bells in with them today !

God is angry with RTE and refusing to ring his bell.

"I'm a clinician and a psychologist, and I think I'm the only one here who is".
    What a smug way to belittle everybody else's opinions..

I agree with them about working late in to the night being against best practice. Working any time after say 12.53 is pushing it in my opinion.. :D

Ha.

FG head going mental at comparisons between haughy and enda .

Couldn't dispute he did the same to his dissidents too

• Advertisement

Irish people need a "beer consultant" now? I dont think most people look past the low price, high percentage criteria.

"I'm a clinician and a psychologist, and I think I'm the only one here who is".
    What a smug way to belittle everybody else's opinions..

I agree with them about working late in to the night being against best practice. Working any time after say 12.53 is pushing it in my opinion.. :D

I find it very difficult to understand exactly what point Nessa Childers is actually making - she goes around the houses so much that by the time she finishes I have no idea what exactly she was saying. Maybe it's just me but I find her totally inarticulate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Finucaine today and yesterday gave the impression she just couldn't be bothered anymore... than usual.

Red Alert wrote: »
    Finucaine today and yesterday gave the impression she just couldn't be bothered anymore... than usual.

I thought both shows were to brain wash us all that Lucinda is our conscience, Lucinda will be a great leader and Lucinda will be our future Taoiseach.

And for the doubters - according to Marian - there was nothing but positive comments about Lucinda after yesterdays interviews ! ;)

Disappointed today... I was all dressed up in my army combats, had my electronic map of the world on the wall, and waiting for Declan Power and Marian to come to join the war room at twelve hundred hours. No sign of them .. I can only presume that Declan got a last minute call to do voiceovers for the latest Disney Pixar movie...

But anyway, I noticed... at 12.53... Marian is gone from the studio.. An Post + all the other ads to pay for her... Switched over to Newstalk and their morning show went on for a further five mins.. On a private radio station that gets no funding.. it really is incredible what RTE get away with.

I thought both shows were to brain wash us all that Lucinda is our conscience, Lucinda will be a great leader and Lucinda will be our future Taoiseach.

And for the doubters - according to Marian - there was nothing but positive comments about Lucinda after yesterdays interviews ! ;)

Why didn't Marian ask Lucinda why her concience matters so much but she would deny any other woman the right to her consience (unless, of course, she agrees with Lucinda).
    Lucinda should remember there is such a thing as being damned with faint praise!

Callan57 wrote: »
    Why didn't Marian ask Lucinda why her concience matters so much but she would deny any other woman the right to her consience (unless, of course, she agrees with Lucinda).
    Lucinda should remember there is such a thing as being damned with faint praise!

Clearly the brain washing failed on some ! have to downgrade this weeks Marian show to a 'try harder'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Lucinda will have a lucrative career ahead of her at RTE. i can see here now winning the The All Ireland Celebrity Conscience Wrestling Show that RTE must have lined up for her. Hopefully they can get Lowry, Drumm, and a few exFFers to round out the line up.

I used to work in a place where I had lunch with eight women. And every time they started talking about reproduction they used to say "cover your ears" to me... I suppose that was sexism as well?

They are really blowing the Aíne Collins thing out of proportion. Tom Barry is the only one who is accountable for what happened that night, not the whole male race..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I used to work in a place where I had lunch with eight women. And every time they started talking about reproduction they used to say "cover your ears" to me... I suppose that was sexism as well?

They are really blowing the Aíne Collins thing out of proportion. Tom Barry is the only one who is accountable for what happened that night, not the whole male race..

ya dead right. What's this world coming to when a man can't go into work have a few pints, pull a woman onto his lap and slap her arse when she's leaving. If I can't do this anymore I don't think there is any point in working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

Mark Little Media Visionary :eek: This is tedious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Mark Little Media Visionary :eek: This is tedious.

He's smugness personified.

He's smugness personified.

Mark Little, now working on a Sunday, probably working twice as hard for half the money he was on in RTE. . rings in to RTE, where a presenter who only works two days a week for half a year and gets 500K.. He surely must be thinking "if I'd been a real media visionary, I would have stayed in RTE".

I like Áine Lawlor but I wish someone would tell her to drop the fake ha ha ha's - it's very forced and artificial not to talk of annoying me!

The Dáil is really an old-fashioned gentlemens club & as it is set up can only work on the basis that there is a little woman at home who will have the kids in bed, the lunches ready & the great man's shirts ironed. It really is a relic of the 1800s and badly needs reform. Every other work place in the state has pulled itself, or been dragged into the modern world.
    If Tom Barry did what he did in anyother workplace, it would be considered an assault & he would, at the very least, be facing deciplinary procedures and very possibly the sack. He certainly would in my place of employment.

She's doing the "ha, ha, ha" thing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What the hell am I listening to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I reckon Joe Duffy must be raging if he's listening to this. A piece about Dubalin in the rare ould times and he hasn't been invited along.

I reckon Joe Duffy must be raging if he's listening to this. A piece about Dubalin in the rare ould times and he hasn't been invited along.

There was something on Playback about Joe and his brethren.. He did some documentary about the old Sinn Fein safehouses.. It's a pity Gerry Adams wasnt been there to give him the tour, he would have loved that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I thought it was a great piece - a refreshing change from Mariane and her luvvies jawing about the issue du jour.

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    I thought it was a great piece - a refreshing change from Mariane and her luvvies jawing about the issue du jour.

How about we get Declan Power on the boat next week and shell the GPO from O'Connell Bridge.. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement