Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The reporting of the two dug "mules" is pretty amazing. They are twenty year old "kids", victims of a situation "which may or may not have been of their own choosing"? Is it because they are middle class and female that nobody is even broaching the possibility that maybe they were just trying to make a few quick bucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The papers are starting to uncover interesting aspects to their lives in Spain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Gerald Kean sounds like he found Marian's stash of John Player Blue somewhere in the studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Lapin wrote: »
    Gerald Kean sounds like he found Marian's stash of John Player Blue somewhere in the studio.
    How does that idiot keep getting on the airwaves. I have never heard him making any useful contribution to any discussion. Are RTE that desperately short of panellists for these talk shows?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Lapin wrote: »

"Dunhill, my man, Dunhill", spoke in a booming voice with "any old fags you can spare" sotto voce would be my expectation if his response to your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

mike65 wrote: »
    The papers are starting to uncover interesting aspects to their lives in Spain.

shades of that pamela izhwhatshername from way back.

ive a feeling alot of the media heads are gonna look like idiots again because they saw this girl and thought "that could be my daughter"

which one of the guests basically said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dáithi Ó Sé: How you doing?
    :cool:

Ye ho, ye boy ya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

"The Rose of Tralee is a celebration of Irish women"
    Jeez

• Advertisement

Ye hay noo lads, try me "no bread go for a walk " diet.

shure the poundsll drop off and all the gurls ya talk to about it will wanna kill ya where ya stand.

yehoo!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

really enjoyed the bit with kenny egan.

i get the feeling theres some politics at play in that high preformance unit in relation to who gets jobs there.

like most other quangos i suppose.

Just listened to this interview on the podcast, really enjoyed it too. He comes across very well & fair play to him for staying off the booze

Make the laughing stop... :-(

This gardening woman has anger issues..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I used to like Aine Lawlor but I am so sick of the silly girly giggling that I am truly turned off her. Come back Marian!

WTF is this ?

Seriously its mental . Who in the name of god thought this was relevant to ANYONE in the country ?

Last time I saw stuff like this on a nations airwaves it was because the gov involved wanted to cover up someone driving a JCB up the steps of gov buildings spearheading a revolution ! :D

I'm off to newstalk. Silly season or not this is unforgivable trash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

AA Insurance spokesman justifying 3% price increase as they're not allowed to discriminate against men anymore....muck.

• Advertisement

That woman is talking nonsense .... the issue in Donegal is the BORDER

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Is there no end to Áine "you know" Lawlor, em? She just thanked the British ambassador for "helping" us by lending the Irish people billions in 2010.

Yes, so that the Irish people could then pay back the massive losses of British companies who had gambled billions on the Irish economy.

And this shifting of the gambling losses of foreign corporations on to the shoulders of the Irish people is something we should be grateful to them for? Hello?

As a current affairs presenter how can she hold her head up high with such abject ignorance of what that loan really was for? As an Irishwoman, she clearly got carried away with some irrational "lovey dovey" vibes in her interview. Totally unprofessional. As bad as Sunday Independent-centric Finucane is on Anglo-Irish issues. (with the one redeeming merit that she's not paid half of what that anglocentric parasite is).

Mary Mitchell O'Connor seems to have a basic, layman's understanding of how things work. I cant understand why FG dont just stop her appearing on radio..

Mary Mitchell O'Connor seems to have a basic, layman's understanding of how things work. I cant understand why FG dont just stop her appearing on radio..
    I must say that I was grudgingly impressed with MMOC. It sure makes a change from politicians shouting meaningless slogans which totally ignore the economic realities. The way some people go on you would think that it would be a great thing if the banks started throwing money around again like 'snuff at a wake'. How the hell do they think we got into this mess in the first place.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I must say that I was grudgingly impressed with MMOC.

Any time she's asked a question, she recites a load of basic facts that she's learned off, presumably from a sheet of paper handed to her by Phil Hogan..

With regard to the banks: "We own 90% of this bank, and we own this bank" ..

With regard to Syria: "We have one million children in Ireland, that would be the same as displacing all of them"...

The party are terrified she will say something stupid, and send her in to studio with a load of stock phrases for her to say, in lieu of actually giving a genuine response to any of the questions she's asked.

• Advertisement

"Will Mayo's luck hold today?... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭donaghs

Callan57 wrote: »
    I used to like Aine Lawlor but I am so sick of the silly girly giggling that I am truly turned off her. Come back Marian!

When's her holiday end?

donaghs wrote: »
    When's her holiday end?

Aíne said that she's back next week.

Aíne said that she's back next week.
    Aine must have spotted the oxygen tent being re-installed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Her joy at the fact that the Rose had new contestants from the "new" diaspora sounded like a political triumph that people are being forced to leave the country. Sure they're not her constituents, so maybe it is for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭serfboard

Her joy at the fact that the Rose had new contestants from the "new" diaspora sounded like a political triumph that people are being forced to leave the country. Sure they're not her constituents any more, so maybe it is for her.
    FYP.

They're not her constituents any more ... at least until the diaspora gets the vote. Which will never happen. For all the bullsh1ttin we do about the diaspora, one thing that the political class could do, but won't, is give them the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Was Marion on hols for the photo call?

0007cab4-630.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Photoshop could have fixed that, who's the young woman in green? Couldn't they stick Marty at the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

mike65 wrote: »
    Photoshop could have fixed that, who's the young woman in green? Couldn't they stick Marty at the back?

Aoibhinn Ní Shúilleabháin

Photoshop is already over worked with Marion profile pic on the RTE site, she looks younger than nearly all the other female presenters.

radio1.jpg

Before photoshop
    imgres.jpeg

@CorsendonkX

Oh you are cruel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh great that gob****e bono on my radio on a saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Bono, wake up and please try to string a few coherent words together , rte are shameless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

He was travelling !!!, sounds like he had the air hostess busy in business class with the bar trolley !

Oops69 wrote: »
    Bono, wake up and please try to string a few coherent words together , rte are shameless!
    We are in the presence of greatness, so pay attention.:rolleyes:

Nice name dropping there Paul. It wasnt nice Marion. I mean of course seams Heaney should be remembered, but this rte mourning is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Anyone hear christopher mckevitt reading the news at 11.00. Thought he was crying over seamus heaney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Anyone hear christopher mckevitt reading the news at 11.00. Thought he was crying over seamus heaney
    He was seriously out of breath. I'd say he just made it to the studio in time after a panicky sprint from the cafeteria or car park or wherever he was. It was somewhere between embarrassing and amusing, but it made it difficult to pay much attention to the content of the news bulletin.

Is there an internal competition amongst RTE presenters to see who can score highest on the misery scale. Maybe the new broadcasting tax should be renamed the Misery Tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Was Marion on hols for the photo call?

0007cab4-630.jpg

Marty looks pale. Was the spray tan budget wiped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Aidric wrote: »
    Marty looks pale. Was the spray tan budget wiped?

Judging by the look of some of them, I'd say the wardrobe department were on a day off as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Radio5 wrote: »
    Judging by the look of some of them, I'd say the wardrobe department were on a day off as well.

I think they all look as if they have had a few bevies in the canteen!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Nice name dropping there Paul. It wasnt nice Marion. I mean of course seams Heaney should be remembered, but this rte mourning is ridiculous.
    Couldnt agree more . No harm to the man but i had damn all interest in his poetry and tbh i dont know anyone else who had . To listen to some of the crap that has been emanating from RTE you would think he was the a first cousin of Jesus Christ .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭hawley

Couldnt agree more . No harm to the man but i had damn all interest in his poetry and tbh i dont know anyone else who had . To listen to some of the crap that has been emanating from RTE you would think he was the a first cousin of Jesus Christ .

Just because you had no interest in his poetry doesn't mean RTE shouldn't cover it. I don't know if you saw that his death was front-page news on the New York Times. I read the article online and Enda Kenny was described as a woman in the article. I'm sure that if Enda Kenny died there would be ten times the amount of coverage on RTE. Heaney is a massive figure worldwide, maybe you don't understand that and is probably one of the most well known people to come from this island for the past fifty years.

It does annoy me that Bono was given time to associate himself with Heaney. I thought that it was a lazy piece of journalism and consisted of little but name dropping(Clinton, Mandela etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

They should cover it alright but not to the extent of the fawning carried on over the last few days. In my opinion poetry is elitist esoteric and has a touch of the emperors new clothes.

Heaney wouldn't mean a thing to me nor to any of my circle of friends. Would know of him but nothing of his poetry.

Nice of Lady Hanafin to grace us with her presence.. At least with Dunphy there's no fear of me falling back to sleep..

• Advertisement

Nice of Lady Hanafin to grace us with her presence.. At least with Dunphy there's no fear of me falling back to sleep..

The "multi-pensioned" Ms Hanafin! "someone should take responsibility" - they certainly should and I'm all for it. Let Ms Hanafin lead the way, take responsibility with her FF mates for destroying the lives of so many families in this country & maybe make some amends by donating her multiple pensions back to the state. Some chance!

This woman makes me puke - it's enough that we have to pay her exorbitant pensions without having to listen to her sycophantic waffle on a Sunday morning :mad:

David Frost has died, R.I.P. As my mother used to say: 'There are people dying today that never died before'!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The "multi-pensioned" Ms Hanafin! "someone should take responsibility" - they certainly should and I'm all for it. Let Ms Hanafin lead the way, take responsibility with her FF mates for destroying the lives of so many families in this country & maybe make some amends by donating her multiple pensions back to the state. Some chance!

This woman makes me puke - it's enough that we have to pay her exorbitant pensions without having to listen to her sycophantic waffle on a Sunday morning :mad:

Why are all these fianna fail leeches going public again this week, are they really thinking of going in the next election?

Like most of the ministers in that FF government, Mary, seems to have developed some sort of selective Alzheimer's disease.
    Unfortunately, so have the voters if the polls are anything to go by.:mad:

Why are all these fianna fail leeches going public again this week, are they really thinking of going in the next election?

Ah but sure Brian said he was sorry so all is forgiven:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement