Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I cannot for the life of me understand how any of the last Fianna Fail Government members are tolerated or can even have the neck to give opinions on any show. They should all have been binned or in hiding. Cheeky feckers.

Or in stocks and chains on a wing of mountjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This lad might have trouble getting patients after this morning's disclosures..

Marion's great at point other the system failures outside of RTE... It's kind of hard listening to her describing other dysfunctional Government bodies, when the one she works for runs a 63 million loss and still thinks she good value at 500k for a few hours every other week...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Unfortunately I've had reason to experience quite a bit of hospitals recently - the main impression I come away with is that they are "totally disorganised" and operate very inefficient, untidy working methods without any real indication of who exactly is in charge - if anyone!

I honestly think if you put Francis Brennan into any hospital in the country for a week he would not only clean the place up but have it running like a well-oiled machine before he left. If his hotel was run like most of our hospital he would have been out of business years ago. Cleaning and de-cluttering would at least make a big difference to the working environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Fair play to Stephanie, the Priory Hall widow for tearing strips of Kathleen Lynch on the Priory Hall debacle...

• Advertisement

I again ask why for the biggest purchase in most peoples lives there would appear to be absolutely no comeback when the "product" is found to be not fit for purpose, as with Priory Hall, I find it beyond extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Theres an awful lot of Martins in this conversation. . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Jeez, that Kathleen Lynch one is a slippery waffler

snubbleste wrote: »
    Jeez, that Kathleen Lynch one is a slippery waffler

I've never known a woman who used so many apostrophes..

That doctor just said that junior doctors in most cases make out their OWN rotas. . . . The mind boggles. . .

• Advertisement

"I was speaking to Zlatan yesterday"..

Sounds more like he just shouted at him from behind the temporary fences..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

"I was speaking to Zlatan yesterday"..

Sounds more like he just shouted at him from behind the temporary fences..

reminds me of this...

An over reliance on having people actually at their desk... Not in RTE :D

Presentism a new word for me - I can add it to Oversharing which I also learned this week.:rolleyes:

Wonder what is Marian's defenition of Presentism :D

So that's where Marian has been.. learning Jazz guitar..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Marian FAILS again

Marian stated: 'allsops won't auction repossessed family homes'

This is incorrect, they will still be selling repossessed family homes, and rightfully so.

Marian knows 'people' getting calls morning, noon and night, from their mortgage provider about arrears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Marian knows 'people' getting calls morning, noon and night, from their mortgage provider about arrears.

Deep deep insight from the 24/7 research

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Yes , she does for they're 2nd/3rd homes etc. she lives in south dublin /north wiclow cuckoo-land!

GSF wrote: »
    Deep deep insight from the 24/7 research
    I'm wondering who these 'people' are that a 63 year old broadcaster would know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

so i take it margies getting phones off the banks then ?

:D

She's so full of it , she knows ' people ' again , real sandy mount dinner party talk , I know !

my friend wrote: »
    Marian FAILS again

Marian stated: 'allsops won't auction repossessed family homes'

This is incorrect, they will still be selling repossessed family homes, and rightfully so.

they already have !

ive been following them from day one to chart the actual drop in house prices (surprise surprise its the 70% thats been mooted for ages)

the last auction that got cancelled mearly did it all online instead.

next catalogue goes up the 25th of this month for those that want a looksie.

Joan Burton gets a dig in at Marian: A lot of people have emigrated as you know from your personal circle

Has Marian got kids who have left the country?

I think its time Marian declares her interests with respect to her shows constant demands for debt relief

i love the way the media go on about the seanad ref.

its gone :80% yes wait and see.

just like the citizen ref "the lads" are talking to themselves on this one.

no way is it a 50/50 call.

:D

I think its time Marian declares her interests with respect to her shows constant demands for debt relief

Maybe she invested all her money in the same projects as pat kenny and gay byrne!

Or pat kenny and gay byrne are the people she knows who are getting phone calls from.the bank morning, noon and night!

Maybe she invested all her money in the same projects as pat kenny and gay byrne!

Or pat kenny and gay byrne are the people she knows who are getting phone calls from.the bank morning, noon and night!

i actually wouldnt be surprised.

think about it, there in the canteen seeing what each other are getting into and lording it over the rest.

no big leap to think others went "i want some of that"

Marian Finucane earned €180,507 in 2003, €239,265 in 2004, €570,000 in 2008.
    Marian Finucane was paid €492,000 in 2011 and her fees have been reduced to €295,000 in 2013.
    Where would she put all that money? It's not as though she is short on time to go on investment hunting trips be it here or abroad.

• Advertisement

i actually wouldnt be surprised.

think about it, there in the canteen seeing what each other are getting into and lording it over the rest.

no big leap to think others went "i want some of that"
    Derek Davis said as much in an interview lately when asked would he be interested in taking over the slot Pat Kenny vacated on radio 1. He replied that he was enjoying retirement too much, because unlike pat he didn't use he's pension to invest.

It seems Sean Dunne invested a lot of there money in apartments!

Marian Finucane earned €180,507 in 2003, €239,265 in 2004, €570,000 in 2008.
    Marian Finucane was paid €492,000 in 2011 and her fees have been reduced to €295,000 in 2013.
    Where would she put all that money? It's not as though she is short on time to go on investment hunting trips be it here or abroad.

B+H.

Axis of evil

Sunday Independent and RTE

Both are relentless in their demands for debt forgiveness

I choose not to buy the Sindo however RTE take €160 pa out of my pocket

RTE canteen must be full of credit bubble fools

This guy speculating till the cows come home , just wait for the pathologists report !

yeah its a bit irresponsible to be naming names.

far better line of investigation is WTF is going on with all the disappearnce over the years.

its looking more and more like a serial killer to me.

yeah its a bit irresponsible to be naming names.

far better line of investigation is WTF is going on with all the disappearnce over the years.

its looking more and more like a serial killer to me.

Where's Larry?

• Advertisement

Nice to see all the texts she's reading out are against what Marian, the panel and David Hall are evangelicalising in terms of mortgage debt relief

how stupid is madge gonna look if it turns out to be a bloke ?

be up there with her "the ra killed that gard in the north" when it was already confirmed to be local crims.

Nice to see all the texts she's reading out are against what Marian, the panel and David Hall are evangelicalising in terms of mortgage debt relief

The pro debt relief heads are too busy on the Ben Gilroy and Freeman Facebook pages ....

Very interesting that a body has been found... We may finally find out what happened to all those women.

I want to hear what Roddy thinks about Syria

Where's Larry?
    Hiding his other pink sock , sorry !

• Advertisement

I want to hear what Roddy thinks about Syria

Seriously, he out batted most of them.

Axis of evil

Sunday Independent and RTE

Both are relentless in their demands for debt forgiveness

I choose not to buy the Sindo however RTE take €160 pa out of my pocket

RTE canteen must be full of credit bubble fools

Debt forgiveness means WE - the tax paying fools who didn't go around acting like money grew on trees - will have to pay for the stupidity and arrogance of the profligrate former nouveau riche. There is no such thing as debt forgiveness the debt merely moves from one group of people to another.

I agree with the poster above.. I sort of cringed when Barry Cummins started suggesting names as if he was talking about prospective signings for a football team.. It was inappropriate to do this...

Very interesting interview with Harry Belafonte - an amazing man. Different slant on the "Kennedy Era" and his opinion on Obama too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Is there no end to the recession misery discussion on RTE? It seems that every time I tune in there is moaning and groaning about how dire things are. I don't think it's helpful, in fact it is probably bringing down the mood of the nation. They are talking us all into depression. :rolleyes:

sudzs wrote: »
    Is there no end to the recession misery discussion on RTE? It seems that every time I tune in there is moaning and groaning about how dire things are. I don't think it's helpful, in fact it is probably bringing down the mood of the nation. They are talking us all into depression. :rolleyes:

I am very much inclined to agree with you. During the week Michael Noonan's quip about throwing our hats in the air gave me a smile & then this morning off we go again with misery, misery & more misery. There comes a time when the wallowing has to stop - we are getting to the stage when you nearly feel you have to apologise for living. What about that plumber finding the 140,000 - gives a whole new meaning to a cash job :)

Regarding that anxiety segment it seems it goes without saying that single people Dont suffer from anxiety at all.

Regarding that anxiety segment it seems it goes without saying that single people Dont suffer from anxiety at all.

Very good point - maybe it's the married state that is causing the anxiety :)

Callan57 wrote: »
    Very good point - maybe it's the married state that is causing the anxiety :)

I an noting more and more that when single people are mentioned in these kinds of contexts its people who are single because they are a widow or widower. I remember a programme about loneliness recently which dealt only with people who had lost their spouse through either death or separation. No mention whatsoever about people who were single all their lives for whatever reason, it seems they deserve to be lonely!

I an noting more and more that when single people are mentioned in these kinds of contexts its people who are single because they are a widow or widower. I remember a programme about loneliness recently which dealt only with people who had lost their spouse through either death or separation. No mention whatsoever about people who were single all their lives for whatever reason, it seems they deserve to be lonely!

Maybe they are just better adjusted, more resilient & have adapted to coping without needing a metaphorical crutch. We are the great survivors! :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement