Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Thanks for a reminder of that clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

the fecking shamelessnes of keenan in that guff he was spouting.

im NO fan of cowan but as noted in the clip inthe post above keenan didnt have a bulls notion himslef.

didnt stop him being all smugg in his dismissals then eithe.

astonishing stuff.

was also interesting to hear paxmans interview with lenihan.

none of that kind of reporting here from OUR lot in the media, indeed it contrast starkly with the fergal keane/enda story earlier when he was told NOT to record th taoiseach in a public meeting....

...and he did as he was told.

tells ya everything ya need to know about how reliable the media will be NEXT crisis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I think Marian should have played the above clip before introducing this section with another rearview mirror expert.. Brendan Keenan predicted less that 5% losses in the banks... He's supposedly an expert economist and he got it hugely wrong, so him querying Brian Cowan's credbility is a bit fkn rich...

And yet, newstalks lunchtime show has him on every week in he's own slot. As if he's some kind of monetary genius.

What would I expect from the radio version of the indo!

David Norris being David Norris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

snubbleste wrote: »
    David Norris being David Norris

sorry to hear he has cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I would imagine the members of the Seanad have no embarrassment about taking their wages at all.....

Just talking to a few people last night the consensus was the wording on the ballot paper was confusing..

This discussion is very insulting to the citizens of Ireland.

Ah, now it's a bit rich to say the Seanad gives jobs to the unemployed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Noel Whelan, ex FF, now Democracy Matters?
    Mary O'Rourke, ex FF, now Democracy Matters?

Democracy didnt matter much to them when their party was in power.

There is no doubt it is the next step for failed politicians who lose their seats...I've seen that first hand.....and nixers for the party faithful who put their heads on the chopping board on orders of the leader....

And we could do with leaving DN's "waters" out of this.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's beyond me how people could vote to perpetuate this rotten crony institution for has-beens and never-have-beens.

Who cares what Jim Power's town did. I'm sure they are less than proud of having him associated with them...

Was it very brave of them to lobby to save their 70k a year jobs.. Give me a fkn break...

Richard B must be on the Maalox at this stage....

The starting of a sentence with "So" and ending with an upward inflection :rolleyes:

Feck off.

I've a friend off to see the NL's on Friday, I must say I'm very jealous........

Now after all that spiel, isn't Marion worth all her salary????...:)

I've a friend off to see the NL's on Friday, I must say I'm very jealous........

I'm going to go to Belfast next month for a night out. Does that count? ;)

I'm going to go to Belfast next month for a night out. Does that count? ;)

I'd be happy to go to the pictures these days Harry..........:D:D:D

Enjoy!...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Just switched off the radio. Can't take anymore of Marion today.

• Advertisement

12 to 1 is now the section of the show reserved for the upper class..

12 to 1 is now the section of the show reserved for the upper class..

It's been redeemed with their Woody Allen discussion. I was on the verge of switching off just before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

John Crown is going to need medical attention.

edit - its not John Crown, some solicitor or other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Who is the squealing boy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Don't know, I just tuned in to hear him going up and down through several octaves during his rant! Very funny?!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

sudzs wrote: »
    Don't know, I just tuned in to hear him going up and down through several octaves during his rant! Very funny?!! :D

He went up and up and up ... what on earth is he shrieking about?

• Advertisement

Seth Barrett Tillman is his name

mike65 wrote: »
    Seth Barrett Tillman is his name

WHO???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

I was ranked (circa September 1, 2013) by the Social Science Research Network among the
    top 250 law authors using total number of downloads for all papers. My total download
    count on SSRN exceeds 12,000; and on BEPRESS, it exceeds 25,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

More work for the psychiatrist on now .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Mick chemtrails Wallace waffling in defence of Assange

Piteous waste of your licence fee

RTE love tax cheats

The bare cheek of Wallace to pontificate about social inequity in Ireland, MF didn't challenge him on that FF style off the cuff unsubstantiated flippant comment

F U MF and F U Mick Wallace

Worst show ever today IMO - fed up had to turn it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Might be quitting this show now , Marion has been losing her incisiveness over the last year or so , time to retire now

I think Mick is a good guy, but he really is a poor speaker and he is very naive to be associating himself with Asange.

I laughed at the "hang on marian there's somebody at the door"... followed by "go on up to the pitch" or something similar.

Callan57 wrote: »
    Worst show ever today IMO - fed up had to turn it off

And thanks to the Beatles montage, Marian was able to make the early flight to Paris..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

sudzs wrote: »
    He went up and up and up ... what on earth is he shrieking about?

I thought it was Marian.

Seamus Mallon doesnt like a lot of his ex colleagues, does he..

Gripping interview with that most straight talking of straight talking northern men - Seamus Mallon! He's giving a good kicking to some sacred cows

Gripping interview with that most straight talking of straight talking northern men - Seamus Mallon! He's giving a good kicking to some sacred cows

Hey Callan, did you hear that bit where he was saying "Bill Clinton had that man killed"... :eek: ... I was thinking uh, oh... his mind is slipping and he thinks Bill Clinton was in the Arkansaw branch of the IRA...

Hey Callan, did you hear that bit where he was saying "Bill Clinton had that man killed"... :eek: ... I was thinking uh, oh... his mind is slipping and he thinks Bill Clinton was in the Arkansaw branch of the IRA...

I was in the middle of making a cup of tea and nearly scalded myself - good job Marian clarified :)
    I don't think Mr Mallon will be popular in some quarters after that interview

• Advertisement

"Jose Carreras is coming to the Bord Gais Theatre. Tickets start at €79.50 so they are not that cheap"..

:eek: Look who's talking, Marian.. For €79.50, I'd get more of Jose Carreras' time than I would of yours..

"Warning children about strangers is not a very good protection measure!" - giggles. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm beginning to wonder if the Angelus is the only thing broadcast on RTÉ without a misery slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Listening to this one could be forgiven for thinking that people only started dying in the last ten years. children have been accepting for thousands of years that people in their lives die. They are more resilient them we give them credit for.

Listening to this one could be forgiven for thinking that people only started dying in the last ten years. children have been accepting for thousands of years that people in their lives die. They are more resilient them we give them credit for.

Isn't it amazing parents that live 24/7 with their kids for years & still don't seem to know them at all & have no idea how to talk to them! People die, fact of life & any half normal kid knows this but a lot of these parents seem determined to make a drama out of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mattser

"Jose Carreras is coming to the Bord Gais Theatre. Tickets start at €79.50 so they are not that cheap"..

:eek: Look who's talking, Marian.. For €79.50, I'd get more of Jose Carreras' time than I would of yours..

Classic :D:D:D

Did you actually work that out? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭serfboard

'

What exactly is the point in this interview.. There's no point in telling us what a "bad man" John Gilligan is... Ye let him out... Why didnt he make all these points to the proper authorities before he was let out? There really isnt any benefit in coming on Marian Finucane telling tales after he's been released.

• Advertisement

What exactly is the point in this interview.. There's no point in telling us what a "bad man" John Gilligan is... Ye let him out... Why didnt he make all these points to the proper authorities before he was let out? There really isnt any benefit in coming on Marian Finucane telling tales after he's been released.

I'm finding it very boring. It's a bit like a stilted interview on Crimecall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement