Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I hate all this the older generation of criminals are some kind of benevolent benign force in comparison to today's crims. It's complete b*****.
    The Irish Times are at it too this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

And we can always rely on Brian sherry to make an appearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I hate all this the older generation of criminals are some kind of benevolent benign force in comparison to today's crims. It's complete b*****.
    The Irish Times are at it too this morning.

"Ordinary decent criminals" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

"Ordinary decent criminals" :rolleyes:

Ireland loves it's scumbag thugs. What else explains the newspaper obsession and the Love Hate worship that seems to prevail amongst those that don't have to live with the everyday misery these guys inflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

What exactly is the point in this interview.. There's no point in telling us what a "bad man" John Gilligan is... Ye let him out... Why didnt he make all these points to the proper authorities before he was let out? There really isnt any benefit in coming on Marian Finucane telling tales after he's been released.

That is hardly fair - I'm fairly certain if it was up to the Gardai he (and many another) would be locked up permanently.
    What I don't understand is how these criminals can move assets and are then free to live it up in another European country. Is there no EU law where criminals are concerned?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

There's a lot of mean people out there Marion. Just look at the self portrait of Joe Duffy hanging on the studio wall..

Brian Sherry always reminds me of that guy in Jaws that scratches his nails across the blackboard, and starts telling all the people in ominous tones about how bad the shark is.

Sounds very like idolatory to me

This is such wankerish talk. David Bowie had about 10 good years. He's done nothing of any note for the past 30 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I'm waiting 'patiently' for that GP to offer to take reduced fees in order to give more people access to medical services..........methinks I wait in vain!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I don't have a problem with someone doing the odd nixer while claiming the dole.

Its better than sitting at home on their backside and there is a chance that it could lead to regular work.

Good luck to them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Has anyone mentioned on marion how much licence fee is used to pay ryan tubridy while he spends the summer working for the BBC!

No.

Has anyone mentioned on marion how much licence fee is used to pay ryan tubridy while he spends the summer working for the BBC!

No.

Don't you know that any discussion of the licence fee/broadcasting tax is strictly taboo on RTE. :rolleyes:

Has someone removed my post about tubridy?

I can't stand Cathal Dervan. The bitchiness that exists in Irish football is embarrassing.

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/sport/cathal_dervan/sports-commentator-eamon-dunphy-will-always-be-a-thug-227995341.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I see MF is on the front page on today's Indo , can't read the article yet....

Don Baker, Mr. Misery himself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

This woman is incredibly and naively pathetically arrogant !

Oops69 wrote: »
    This woman is incredibly and naively pathetically arrogant !

A former FF fundraiser, a former TV reviewer for Marian's show and now running her own communications company. Jacqueline of all trades there :rolleyes:

150 a head , she learnt well at ff, she's adapted her experience to a more personal endeavour !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

my friend wrote: »
    I see MF is on the front page on today's Indo , can't read the article yet....
    Flagging an interview with Lady Marion inside, says she's no plans to retire yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I was wondering why i was subjected to some nobodies road trip around europe. surprise surprise another insider.

cant belive im forced to pay to fund that shyte.

i practically ran to newstalk, and considering its bobby kerr thats on thats saying something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone hear the 9am news?
    It was peppered with interruptions, missed links and non-existent links..

snubbleste wrote: »

It's about time that Radio 1 had its licence fee funding pulled.

Despite the wall of listeners cash that Radio 1 is showered with via the Licence Fee it appears that the staff are incapable of producing and delivering a quality audio experience

Radio 1 staffs' careless attitude is worsening by the day, I expect they are building a case for excuses such as they don't have enough cash to replace outdated equipment, short staffed or such.

Poor broadcast production errors are occurring on a daily basis, one could be forgiven for thinking that the listener is being held in contempt by the 'genii of Montrose'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

snubbleste wrote: »
    Been like that all morning on RTE Radio 1, must have an apprentice on the sound desk.

the shrill John Lonergan .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

A pleasing professional alternative

http://en.radiovaticana.va/diretta.asp

Lonergan was a failed prison governor, why is he constantly granted our license fee paying airwaves to spout his pinko nonsense

my friend wrote: »
    Lonergan was a failed prison governor, why is he constantly granted our license fee paying airwaves to spout his pinko nonsense

Not as bad as Gaffney who spouts psycho babble of every colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Roger_007 wrote: »

I'd take every lefty pinko loony available, along with every RTE insider, I'd even take Mammy O'Rourke - as long as I don't have to listen to Maureen Gaffney :mad:

I want to hear what's on the programme this morning - but not sure I can listen to too much more of her.....

• Advertisement

Is that her shïteing now?

'Me , me , me, I, I, I'

Argghhhhh

Hopefully she'll change guests at 12, shrill high pitched yesterday people who should just permanently hump off to their retirement villas in Spain and leave us all in peace !

Lonergan making excuses for poor financial management.

He wouldn't last 5 minutes in the private sector.

was fun to hear them dissemble over the roma kid thing though. marion just cant help trying to defend official ireland.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It's a poor panel spouting platitudes or crowding us with similar commentary. I'd almost like to hear a government shill on to at least put the point that there must be cuts but be unable to defend the baffling means of determining where they should fall.

Lapin wrote: »
    Lonergan making excuses for poor financial management.

He wouldn't last 5 minutes in the private sector.

He's not likely to get pulled up on it on a RTE show!

• Advertisement

Wimp , " what was he like?"
    " am.... He was driven " !!!!!!!
    Just call him a bo***x and get it off you're chest !

You know.

Personally I'm getting fed up listening to well-pensioned and well-salaried people,(mostly from the public purse), pretending to be on the side of the poor and underprivileged. They don't seem to understand that they are part of the problem.:mad:

Oops69 wrote: »
    Wimp , " what was he like?"
    " am.... He was driven " !!!!!!!
    Just call him a bo***x and get it off you're chest !

i could almost hear the silent "he's a prick" comment meself !

:D

Don't mention the fact that Moran was also the first player ever to be sent off in an FA Cup final. ;)

• Advertisement

You need a proper manager in the HSE with the right to hire & fire otherwise it's asking someone to do the impossible.

It must be a soul destroying organisation to work in ... especially for any dedicated hard working individuals who just want to get the job done & I'm sure there are some of those in the HSE.

Beckham has a book coming out next week.

th?id=H.5005398992881301&w=219&h=141&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Beckham has a book coming out next week.

th?id=H.5005398992881301&w=219&h=141&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

It always amazes me that people who can hardly string a coherent sentence together when they are speaking, can write a whole book. ;)

It always amazes me that people who can hardly string a coherent sentence together when they are speaking, can write a whole book. ;)

Clearly not all intelligence is verbal ... fair play to him I say & I certainly wouldn't sneer at his bank account. :)

Callan57 wrote: »
    You need a proper manager in the HSE with the right to hire & fire otherwise it's asking someone to do the impossible.

It must be a soul destroying organisation to work in ... especially for any dedicated hard working individuals who just want to get the job done & I'm sure there are some of those in the HSE.

handy number if you were one of the old 11 board members in mary harneys day though.

100k a year for doing nothing till you retire and get a lumpsum and a pension most can only dream of.

Deaglán de Bréadún seems to enjoy ticking people off when they pronounce his name wrong.

speaking of handy numbers.

marions current piece comes to us courtesey of antiquity !

guess nothing happening in the world.

Deaglán de Bréadún seems to enjoy ticking people off when they pronounce his name wrong.

She gaffes again with it while wrapping up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

sligojoek wrote: »

It's hilarious that Pat Kenny was her mentor and that he's older than her; he comes cross as at least 10 years younger than her. The sunglasses are smashing. I have no idea if she has eye problems but even then I'd have chosen something less bizarre. It's a bit Bono-like.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement