Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Did anyone hear the interview with the Irish woman in the Philippines? It was shocking and uncaring. Marian joking about Al Gore and wind speeds and barely listening to the woman talking about the utter devastation there coming after other natural disasters earlier in year. She finished the interview saying " I had to laugh at you saying it was worse than Iraq, I know I shouldn't laugh at peoples misfortune" or words to that effect. The woman in Manilla sounded shocked then Marian switches straight to another story with no further comment. She shouldn't have done the interview at all if she wasn't going to take it seriously. I switched off straight away and don't think I will be listening again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

wow sierra wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the interview with the Irish woman in the Philippines? It was shocking and uncaring. Marian joking about Al Gore and wind speeds and barely listening to the woman talking about the utter devastation there coming after other natural disasters earlier in year. She finished the interview saying " I had to laugh at you saying it was worse than Iraq, I know I shouldn't laugh at peoples misfortune" or words to that effect. The woman in Manilla sounded shocked then Marian switches straight to another story with no further comment. She shouldn't have done the interview at all if she wasn't going to take it seriously. I switched off straight away and don't think I will be listening again.

She wouldn't have been so flippant if it had happened in Europe or the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Someone gave Bertie a clatter ... good on you man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

She wouldn't have been so flippant if it had happened in Europe or the United States.

Or dalkey/howth.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

And now they're saying at least 1000 dead, a real laughing matter indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Or dalkey/howth.

Or if the local tobacconist blew down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭georgesstreet

It's refreshing to hear today's program without being forced to listen to the dreadful maureen gaffney monopolising the show with her lenghty and immature diatribes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Marian keen to outdo Joe on su - i - ci - de

jaysus whats the odds this one has 8 properties to her name that are worth fuk all ?

jaysus whats the odds this one has 8 properties to her name that are worth fuk all ?
    Evens :D
    You'd think that every person bought property listening to this drivel

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Marian keen to outdo Joe on su - i - ci - de

There is some guy now on her program (Rory someone or other) which illustrates why Ireland is in the predicament it is in. He is demonising people who brought two or three or more buy to lets, as if trying to improve ones situation and ones familys situation was "reckless speculation".

He has just used the word "lookat", which is a give away.

"Very often these people are out there working 20 hours a day"
    :rolleyes:
    Exaggerate much contributor?

well by her own admission her friends and family did.

so thats everyone that matters.

:D:D

man its a real insider eyeopener. i bet half of montrose has the same mindset.

well by her own admission her friends and family did.
    so thats everyone that matters.
    :D:D
    man its a real insider eyeopener. i bet half of montrose has the same mindset.
    I know friends or I know people is code for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

aaaw, poor Bertie. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ex-nurse married to a doctor :cool:
    Jeez, how many properties did they 'invest' in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Marian's collection of debt dodging dead beats out weigh the voices of reason once again.

It's surely time the BAI took issue with Radio 1 on this matter.

Who is the whiney seeking debt write off woman guest with the annoying nasal tone?

She's a former nurse, one of these:
    Dr. Ruairi Hanley - GP and Columnist,
    Katie Hannon RTÉ Primetime Political Correspondent,
    Philip McCabe - Development Manager
    Fran Rooney - Barrister & former Chief Executive of the FAI,
    Fiona McLoughlin Healy - Businesswoman – giftencounters.com,
    Donal Donovan - author of ‘The Fall of the Celtic Tiger’

• Advertisement

Ex-nurse married to a doctor :cool:
    Jeez, how many properties did they 'invest' in?

coulda been worse.

coulda married a gard,and have to deal with appartment blocks now.

marsey having to deal with the disaster again now

bet theres no mention of yesterday.

EDIT.

Oh its the same girl again today ! not as snarky this time though marion :D:D:D

Fiona McLoughlin Healy - Businesswoman – giftencounters.com’

Treat yourselves to this find...

http://m.leinsterleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-culture-entertainment/james-healy-talks-to-fiona-mcloughlin-1-1926639

Anyone notice Marian saying she had "no idea the difference between a tornado and a STORM" .... another example of the 24/7 research :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Glad I don't pay this clowns salary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That is astounding ignorance. Did she apologise?

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    That is astounding ignorance. Did she apologise?
    Eh, no.
    Listen back to the podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

sligojoek wrote: »
    [/B]

I do that every day and I don't get paid for it.

You beat me to it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Ordinary people at the end of their tether while this man walks away scot-free from his debts :mad:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mcnamara-walks-free-of-his-1bn-debts-29721961.html

Reading that article makes my blood boil! What kind of idiots
    did he think we were by telling us, through his crocodile tears,
    that, if all came to all, he could always live on a campsite in
    Doolin?! Bernard McNamara's 'broke' is not the same 'broke'
    as that of those people who are struggling to feed their children and trying to keep a roof over their heads. Reference was made
    by Dearbhail McDonald on MF a few weeks ago to the lavish
    wedding of Mr. McNamara's daughter in New York during the
    summer. Apparently it was mentioned in one of that Sunday's
    papers. MF ignored Ms. McDonald's remark, which suggested
    that it would not do anybody dealing with austerity any good to
    see the opulence of bankrupt Bernard's daughter's recent
    wedding in New York. He was meant to walk free on November
    2nd, but is not allowed to do so for another few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭bossdrum

Dr. Ruairi Hanley - GP and Columnist,
    Katie Hannon RTÉ Primetime Political Correspondent,
    Philip McCabe - Development Manager
    Fran Rooney - Barrister & former Chief Executive of the FAI,
    Fiona McLoughlin Healy - Businesswoman – giftencounters.com,
    Donal Donovan - author of ‘The Fall of the Celtic Tiger’

This Philip McCabe was on Mooney last week talking about a junket he had to eastern europe educating them about bees & honey. I think he's involved in a beekeeping association.

He used to be an Mooney as a rep for the Citizens advice but i think he has retired from that, no doubt on a nice pension for himself.

I don't know what a development officer is but there must be people who have worked in the private sector available on a Sunday morning apart from all these ex public servants using RTE as a means of publicising whatever hobbies/business they are now in.:mad:

Eh, I edited out part of his title
    Philip McCabe - Development Manager - the Citizen’s Information Service in Monaghan & Director of County Monaghan MABS also beekeeper, know-it-all, broadcast contributor, expert etc

• Advertisement

Eh, no.
    Listen back to the podcast.

Trying to listen back but having problems. It just won't play. Anyone else having a problem or is it just my rubbish ISP again? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

"Herself" is missing today.......

Layinghen wrote: »

Yes, all in all its calculated she works less than 40 weeks out of 52. That's a max of 40 weeks at 4 hours a week which is a maximum of 160 hours year broadcasting. According to madame google, Marian Finucane was paid €492000 in 2011, which gives her an hourly rate of €3075, or €12 300 for a four hour weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Bloody hell! Horslips AGAIN! *switches off*

Shes on 295k now.

its still 5673 euro a week.

to put that in perspective your bog standard joe (NOT duffy ! :) ) earning 35k a year is spending .072% of his wages on drink if he/she forks over 4.84 for a pint.

the equivilent for the made would be 40 quid a pint before it made a comensurate impact on her.

think about that next time her and hers start going on about putting up the price of drink to stop binge drinking.

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Bloody hell! Horslips AGAIN! *switches off*

It helps when they all have connections with RTE. Never any worries about getting interview slots.

In fairness though, she works very hard. I mean all that listening to the radio every day, and watching news bulletins on TV as part of her "research" for the weekend show must really take its toll.........

"no, that was my Mothers experience, not mine"

Good ole RTE researchers get it wrong again! :rolleyes:

Not enough time to grind your almonds - a real first world problem :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight.

the last 15yrs PLUS has been about putting people into appartments, and this girl is talking about picking pears off your own pear tree in your back garden

these guys are living in a totally different world lads.

• Advertisement

I have to say , it takes a lot to top liveline becoming culchie Fm but medium snobwave today is some feat !

How the hell are we funding this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

So embarrassed for aine , just let the man talk aine , we know you know nothing about the subject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

She tries to ' girlie ' up every subject , she becoming a real turn off , I'm gone !

A SECOND cookery item on the same show ... too much I'm off for a walk

Someones lost the plot here.

If I was gonna put a case up for privatisation this'd be exhibit A .

Who on earth were the last 3 subjects aimed at ? Ya wanna talk niche interests keep it for a culture show at 11 on a Sunday .

I can't see anywhere near the mades audience being interested in this elitest claptrap

Ballet FFS !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Getting fitted for some new mafia shades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yes, all in all its calculated she works less than 40 weeks out of 52. That's a max of 40 weeks at 4 hours a week which is a maximum of 160 hours year broadcasting. According to madame google, Marian Finucane was paid €492000 in 2011, which gives her an hourly rate of €3075, or €12 300 for a four hour weekend.

Sweet jesus.

Privatisation is the only way to go to reign these ***** in.

I wish Aine would reign in the fake laughter - this constant ha ha ha is getting seriously on my nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

M.I.A
    R.T.E
    €€€

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stop giggling and laughing woman!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement