Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jesus christ this is vomti inducing.

first joe duffy goes on a rehabilitation campaign for FF, now aine it lionising he PDs.

ya'd know the lads that got their jobs in pravda during their 3 terms are still there.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Picking over the carcass of the PD's again .... boring, boring, boring :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

All this sentimental claptrap about the PD's is almost making me feel sorry for McDowell :rolleyes:

im thinking the made had a word with the production team.

i LIKE Aine, but those last two shows were atrocious. for a split second i actually thought "thank god marions back next week"

maybe she learned from the charlie bird incident !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The show is absolute muck for what is spent on it.
    It's like overhearing conversations from some yahs at the table next to you as they drink lattes.

• Advertisement

im thinking the made had a word with the production team.

i LIKE Aine, but those last two shows were atrocious. for a split second i actually thought "thank god marions back next week"

maybe she learned from the charlie bird incident !

Agreed, yesterday & today were pathetic. I used to like Aine on Morning Ireland and even when she stood in previously for Marian but recently she is really getting on my nerves (all that inane giggling and silly feigned laughing). I really am beginning to think the prog needs a major makeover or it should simply be scrapped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Callan57 wrote: »
    I really am beginning to think the prog needs a major makeover or it should simply be scrapped

RTE should scrap a show that pulls in over 300k listeners? Rrrrright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭donaghs

In fairness though, she works very hard. I mean all that listening to the radio every day, and watching news bulletins on TV as part of her "research" for the weekend show must really take its toll.........

I noticed that just before I switched it off, the "Marion Finucane Show"......, (with Aine Lawlor).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Lads, does anyone know if RTE radio shows are in anyway based on 'viewership' ratings or whatever, or is that all out the window with the tv license?

You couldn't make this up ... there's a box, we don't know what is in it, it's going round and round & back and fourth and nobody has yet opened the bloody box!
    For the love of the Lord what kind of crxp is this?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Callan57 wrote: »
    You couldn't make this up ... there's a box, we don't know what is in it, it's going round and round & back and fourth and nobody has yet opened the bloody box!
    For the love of the Lord what kind of crxp is this?

I think I seen a programme like that on channel 4!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The only thing that sketch was missing was Joan Burton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Lapin wrote: »
    The only thing that sketch was missing was Joan Burton.

Speaking of dead parrots !!!

Oh Marian is really going to annoy Evelyn Cusack with that weather forecast for Jan/Feb

Jaysus recession biting hard at montrose .

8k for a telly and whisky advent callanders . Truly the bubbbles a sight to see :D

Jaysus recession biting hard at montrose .

8k for a telly and whisky advent callanders . Truly the bubbbles a sight to see :D

Marian will probably buy two - to help with the weekly research "so to speak":rolleyes:
    Research defecit was obvious during the innterview with Tony Booth's wife today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Has Ingrid been getting lessons from Charlie Bird.. Sounding a lot more sensationalist than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Nigella. :rolleyes:

Have they nothing better to be talking about?? :rolleyes:

They're very keen to talk about Nigella's cocaine habit but there wasn't a peep out of Marian and her buddies when it emerged that Gerry Ryan was shoving it up his nose.

Very poor show... Load of corrections to what they were saying.. particularly that g0bsh1te who went on and on about how a "beautiful" wall was pulled out by the evil council, only to have one of the callers ring in to say it was being removed for safety reasons and would be rebuilt shortly.. You think he would at least enquire about the thing before mouthing off on the national airwaves..

Interspersed with Marion's sarcasm and casual misandry..

• Advertisement

All hail the Rough Rider... :)

Who is this lad with the plums is his mouth.. He makes Lord Henry Mountcharles sound like a chav..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh dear god, Spud Murphy and psychics! I'm morto listening to it! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

Who is this lad with the plums is his mouth.. He makes Lord Henry Mountcharles sound like a chav..

Thats Jonathan Irwin, CEO of the Jack & Jill Charity Foundation. Married to Senator Mary O Brien, who owns Lily O Briens Chocolates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

sudzs wrote: »
    Nigella. :rolleyes:

Have they nothing better to be talking about?? :rolleyes:

I could be wrong about the following, but, were there 3 front page pictures of the Nigella case on the Indo last week?-thought it was a bit much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭georgesstreet

I love the old inverted snobbery. You don't see such unashamed examples of it nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I love the old inverted snobbery. You don't see such unashamed examples of it nowadays.
    I see it a lot on the radio boards when anyone comes on with an English accent! Lots of "West Brit" comments bandied about!

He says, looking down his nose at me.

He says, looking down his nose at me.

Again, inverted snobbery to assume that. An incorrect assumption, as it happens, as why you would assume anyone who notices inverted snobbery must themselves be a snob is a form of inverted snobbery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Marion: "So, are you still working?"

Guest: "Well, I'm a columnist with the Irish Independent..."

Marion: "Oh! Of course."

Research is still not her strongest skill. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

cant beat her earlier statement regarding who'd be hit by the powers cuts when she said "the dart and the luas, so thats dublin i think"

:)

Good interview with Mary Kenny this morning.

Good interview with Mary Kenny this morning.

I heard bits of it, but was shocked to hear her so ill prepared and asking Mary Kenny if she was still working at 70, and not apparently knowing she has a regular column in one of the newspapers Marian regularly reads from, at the top of the show.

To my ear, Marian sounds less interested than she used to be, and seems more to be more going through the motions these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I heard bits of it, but was shocked to hear her so ill prepared and asking Mary Kenny if she was still working at 70, and not apparently knowing she has a regular column in one of the newspapers Marian regularly reads from, at the top of the show.

To my ear, Marian sounds less interested than she used to be, and seems more to be more going through the motions these days.
    I couldn't listen to today's show but last week there were also a few similar gaffes which she would have avoided if she had done even a basic bit of research.

Charlie BIrd must need a few bob for xmas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Will the voice last till the end of the show?

• Advertisement

How difficult is it to get everybody to hand up their mobile phones before entering the studio.. Another one again this morning, fkn ridiculous..

Caller says: "First victory for de wurkers against right wing companies"...

A right wing company that pays their staff an average wage DOUBLE the average industrial wage, that has excellent conditions for employees, and whose pensions will not doubt be bailed out by the rest of the taxpayers if any problem should arise in the future. Unions were set up to defend the rights of the workers, not to facilitate a renegade bunch of spoilt brats holding the country to ransom.

The level of discourse this morning is appalling lacking in insight and originality from any of the contributors and we all are paying these people for this , really Marian is taking the proverbial , time to retire Marian , you've lost the plot .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

It's a requirement that you suck on the taxpayers tit in order to be a talking head...

Proof? Today's mouth pieces...

Senator Fergal Quinn ... Sal + Exp

Cllr Richie Culhane, retired Garda now Councillor

Charlie Bird ....

Bride Rosney Ex RTÉ , on your payroll for years via as an advisor to Mary Robinson and a director of Eirgrid and the National Orchestra

Patricia Quinn ex Temple Bar trough hog, Arts Council and now an advisor to charities

Farcical and unbalanced panel

Marian concerned at 'lack of hotels in rural area where Mandela is to be buried' ...

Oh the depth of thought ...

Navel gazing with the pied piper Niall 'NAMA' Mellon

Building houses in Africa while the Irish taxpayers pay Nialls bills in Ireland

Another guest that feeds on the taxpayers tit

Marian has form.

• Advertisement

This lad is a bit overfamiliar... "Madiba did this, Madiba did that"... Anyway, does he not understand that the term Madiba, when used within the four walls of RTE studios, refers to Joe Duffy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

"Most of them came from the Eastern Cape, which you know well Marian"
    Was that a dig in? :D

Note to all:

Everyone that has spouted on the panel today has their hand in your pocket.

Shut up and keep paying.

my friend wrote: »
    Note to all: Everyone that has spouted on the panel today has their hand in your pocket.Shut up and keep paying.

But it's always been the same.. I remember Marian had Ming Flanagan on the phone a few weeks ago, and when he started telling a few uncomfortable home truths his line suddenly got awful bad... And Marian hasnt risked having any other contrary voices on the show since.

But it's always been the same.. I remember Marian had Ming Flanagan on the phone a few weeks ago, and when he started telling a few uncomfortable home truths his line suddenly got awful bad... And Marian hasnt risked having any other contrary voices on the show since.

Ah, but Ming is in your pocket too.

Ex Councillor, TD

Charlie is right about the DUnnes workers , I know he's harping on bit but he's right,no one going to mention the sacred IRFU policy at the time though ?

What a bunch on narcissistic w@nkers!

Me, I, me, I, me, me, I ...

Do you hear this dick?

'We asked the local skangers if the vandalised our office in ballybough and they said no'

'So it must have been the SA secret service' !!!!!!

Walter Mitty stuff !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Navel gazing with the pied piper Niall 'NAMA' Mellon

Building houses in Africa while the Irish taxpayers pay Nialls bills in Ireland

Another guest that feeds on the taxpayers tit

Marian has form.
    Didn't know about this, must do a bit of googling!

Didn't know about this, must do a bit of googling!

Oh yes, and other stuff you won't hear from Marian and pals...

Around 50 people are murdered in South Africa each day and what about rape? South Africa are number one globally for rape.

But with Marian that won't be discussed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

What a bunch on narcissistic w@nkers!

Me, I, me, I, me, me, I ...
    They were invited to tell us about their personal recollections of Nelson Mandela. How can they answer without using the first person?

Would it be a better programme if I, who never met Mandela, was invited in to say that I thought he was a great man, one I admired a lot?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement