Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Aidric wrote: »
    lol..asking the hard questions of who? He is as establishment as they come.

Compared with Tubridy, he's a veritable Jeremy Paxman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

lol.. this is funny is anybody listening.. :)
    Niall Melon wearing sackcloth and ashes.. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Who is he ?

Lapin wrote: »
    Who is he ?

Niall Melon.. Did a lot of work housebuilding in Africa with The Niall Mellon Trust http://www.nmtownshiptrust.com/.. Lost his b*ll*x on property here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Niall "the so called taxpayer"...thats us Niall :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Niall Mellon just sounds like any other. Corrupt. 'Too big for his boots'. Seems to think he is some god.

'Cant remember certain dates'.?

Does butter melt in his mouth ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Interesting interview - but if he says "it is what it is" once more..... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Does butter melt in his mouth ?

'common folk' butter wouldnt melt in this mouth. Only locally sourced 'Avoca' organic butter for Niall.

Maybe instead of flying all over the world. He should sort out his sh*t closer to home!!

Fekn RTE news wont cover this remarkable man doing his remarkable stuff... :)

• Advertisement

a person who is excessively absorbed in themselves is called an .....

"My volunteers, MY volunteers"

He sounds like Willy Wonka talking about HIS Oompa Loompas..

As apologies go, it wasnt bad, but I preferred Tiger Woods...

PHEWWWWW.. lol

Fekn RTE news wont cover this remarkable man doing his remarkable stuff... :)

He has a point - bad news is better news than good news. I'd have a bit of a gripe about that as well if it were me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Major sigh of relief there for someone before the mikes were switched off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

He came across as obnoxiously arrogant, no wonder the guards charged him , he must have been a total p**** to deal with

He may moan about RTÉ News not covering his big meeting with the SA President, but he can't complain about the station giving him the last 45 minutes to work on the Niall Mellon, damage limitation exercise on behalf of Niall Mellon with his friend Marian Finnucane.

He is where he is. For someone catching 300 flights a year I'm surprised he knows where he is.

Oops69 wrote: »
    He came across as obnoxiously arrogant, no wonder the guards charged him , he must have been a total p**** to deal with

In vino veritas

So to speak...

Is there a change of format on MFS today?...no panel of overpaid spoofers

signostic wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath , should be back to normal tomorrow

What's NM? Maybe he refuses to share the limelight with mere mortals?

• Advertisement

"very stressed people", this lad must not have met Niall in the corridor on his way out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

He is where he is. For someone catching 300 flights a year I'm surprised he knows where he is.

major CEOs with tens of thousands of employees which actually make money and not get bailed out by taxpayers take less flights than this. Someone should tell him about Skype.

Saturday is the one-on-one interview, Sunday is the panel discussion

No Marion , there are not a lot more positive texts coming in on Mellon , you already said earlier the text response was very negative , Mellons lawyers have been on the phone obviously , the 'legal people I meet ' but that he doesn't really use , Marion could we have the truth or maybe if you can't manage that you need to retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Fitness wonk talking about mitochondria....total fraud, if he was in any way qualified he'd know the mitochondria are vital to the strength of the force in jedi....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Veesport

Signostic...You got it in one!

I was listening myself when the word narcissist...entered my head...Are there any other people out there with charities named after them while they still inhale Earth's air...?

wouldn't it be better to use the resources to teach people to build houses? People who live in the townships...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Listening back to the show now and Mr Mellon is doing my blood pressure no good at all .... another master of revisionism.
    "I moved out of my house and moved into a rented house ... "owned by one of my companies"! are we supposed to feel sorry for this guy?
    Sounds to me like he was advised to apologise to the Garda & he did it on the basis that "I'm sorry but I didn't really do anything wrong".

Jesus, he is seriously annoying me: My, My, My ... what a load of cXap.
    Marian should have told him to "get down off the cross, for God's sake" what a painful gob****e.

"I've whinged a bit" - well you can say that again. :mad:
    Sounds to me like he was advised by solicitor Gerald Kean & he stuck rigidly to the prepared script ... repeat "I apoligised" again and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I just listened back to this shyster. :mad:
    I honestly thought I was listening to Bertie Ahern looking for sympathy again with his poor memory and his light hearted giggly eehhmms.
    Is Mellon a lifelong member of the Fianna Fail Galway races tent brigade?
    Very annoying to listen to...
    I'd like to hear an independent account from any other witnesses in the pub that night.
    Why weren't the prosecuting (B) Gardaí in court for the case?

For any NM sympathisers - charity starts at home.

Another view on NM from South Africa
    http://iluvsa.blogspot.ie/2009/08/brace-yourselves-its-mellon-again.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

zapata wrote: »
    I just listened back to this shyster. :mad:
    I honestly thought I was listening to Bertie Ahern looking for sympathy again with his poor memory and his light hearted giggly eehhmms.
    Is Mellon a lifelong member of the Fianna Fail Galway races tent brigade?
    Very annoying to listen to...
    I'd like to hear an independent account from any other witnesses in the pub that night.
    Why weren't the prosecuting (B) Gardaí in court for the case?

For any NM sympathisers - charity starts at home.

'Whats with these "Charidee" pimpers'

Check out that old thread, seems like these guys,or some of them anyway had all this stuff sussed nearly 8 years ago!

Nobody listened apparently.

Must listen to the podcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

worst part of the interview was him whinging on about NAMA not allowing him and other failed developers to buy NAMA-controlled properties.
    maybe he might try developing some property in areas that badly need some around Dublin, instead of trying to get rich on property speculation.

and as a soon-to-be first-time buyer, i certainly didn't agree with his "everyone is happy when property prices rise" remark. good for him buying up property and sitting on it until he's ready to make a profit though, and that's all that matters in NM's world seemingly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

'Whats with these "Charidee" pimpers'

Check out that old thread, seems like these guys,or some of them anyway had all this stuff sussed nearly 8 years ago!

Nobody listened apparently.

Must listen to the podcast.

Listened to the podcast of the Mellon interview and as Marian is so fond of saying"It must be said " that my first impression was methinks he doth protest too much.

Did not ring the sincere bell in my ears,in fact,rightly or wrongly mr Mellon came across as,in my opinion,as someone quite a ways out of touch with public opinion.

Quite a long ways actually.

"When I was in Bord Gais"... Give me a break...

I think the point the guy is missing the point. The country is sick of the public service retaining private sector "consultants" to create endless reports. Then invariably when it all goes wrong, the public servants absolve themselves of responsibility by saying "well we were advised to do this" and point to the report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Ugh, no, of course you wouldn't get much out of 50 million to set up a countrywide service, but the fact is that it was reported that the 50 million was spent on consultancy, not on hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Is €50 million the new benchmark to set up a company in Ireland now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'm sick of listening to John Mullins. The only people who benefited from his time in Bord Gais were the suits. Now he thinks he's a feckin expert on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

It's all just South Dublin brunch talk. Pretty boring people.

Where did this great idea develope from that we employ people (at enormous salaries) to do a job, presumeably on the understand thy know how to do the job, and the first thing they do spend a fortune employing consultants to tell them how to do the job!
    Why not cut out the middleman & employ the consultants to do the job?
    Alternatively it seems logical to me that if the individual employed to do the job can't do it without consultants then maybe the consultant fee should be coming out of their salary!

Can you imagine telling Michael O'Leary, after he employed you, that he now needed to employ another person to tell you how to do the job he employed you to do! Reckon it would be a case of "don't let the door hit you on the a1se on your way out". Wonder in Irish Water are we creating the new HSE?????

That guy sounds remarkably like Joe O'Shea... I half expect him to say "I was speaking at a conference yesterday.. I told the audience that the Christmas Downton Abbey was disappointing and Peaches Geldof fell over with her pram again. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Callan57 wrote: »
    Where did this great idea develope from that we employ people (at enormous salaries) to do a job, presumeably on the understand thy know how to do the job?...
    If you set up to manufacture something, and need an industrial building to do so, do you then employ a crew of construction workers on permanent contracts that extend beyond a 15-month build time?

It is imaginable that the costs are those of setting things up, and are one-off contracts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Where did this great idea develope from that we employ people (at enormous salaries) to do a job, presumeably on the understand thy know how to do the job, and the first thing they do spend a fortune employing consultants to tell them how to do the job!
    Why not cut out the middleman & employ the consultants to do the job?
    Alternatively it seems logical to me that if the individual employed to do the job can't do it without consultants then maybe the consultant fee should be coming out of their salary!

Can you imagine telling Michael O'Leary, after he employed you, that he now needed to employ another person to tell you how to do the job he employed you to do! Reckon it would be a case of "don't let the door hit you on the a1se on your way out". Wonder in Irish Water are we creating the new HSE?????

Or ask northern Ireland water for there blue prints from when they set up!

• Advertisement

"They have to pay for water"

Jaysus, that Phil Hogan will track you down wherever you are.. :mad:

Sounds like the cockroaches are the least of their problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Ugh, no, of course you wouldn't get much out of 50 million to set up a countrywide service, but the fact is that it was reported that the 50 million was spent on consultancy, not on hardware.

Not so, according to the INDO.
    The bulk of the money was spent on hardware and software systems for customer services, IT, billing and asset management.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hogan-in-firing-line-on-50m-water-bill-29908537.html

Or ask northern Ireland water for there blue prints from when they set up!
    In other words, employ consultants from N.I.

Sounds like the cockroaches are the least of their problems

Well the have Roches in the studio now... :D

Phoebas wrote: »
    In other words, employ consultants from N.I.

Or you could simply give Northern Ireland Water the job :confused:

Or you could simply give Northern Ireland Water the job :confused:

Yes. I suppose we could just hand over a multi billion asset to a foreign company. ;)

Will they have to pay for water on mars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oh god listening to Marian coughing and croaking is disgusting.

jaysus is Marian doing a double session.. :pac: :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement