Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Phoebas wrote: »
    In other words, employ consultants from N.I.

No.

Ask them how they set up there's, and get there blueprints from them. Send a few of our well paid public servants up there for a month to go through how they done it.

Instead of doing what Michael martin does and get a report commisioned every time he goes for a piss.

The waste of money in this country is scandalous.

And it is always the same company's names that pop up when there's hundreds of millions of public money being squandered.

One would wonder what's the connection between these company's and the civil servants giving out the contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Yes. I suppose we could just hand over a multi billion asset to a foreign company. ;)

By asset I presume you mean the water - I was referring to the economic management of the water resource. If they can do it without employing a cart load of "consultants" & bleeding the misfortunate householders dry then why not let them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

No.

Ask them how they set up there's, and get there blueprints from them. Send a few of our well paid public servants up there for a month to go through how they done it.

Gotcha. Instead of paying for consultancy they should just ask for it for free.
    I don't know why they didn't think of that :mad:

Callan57 wrote: »
    By asset I presume you mean the water - I was referring to the economic management of the water resource. If they can do it without employing a cart load of "consultants" & bleeding the misfortunate householders dry then why not let them?
    You want to simply hand over the management of water to a foreign company?

You want to simply hand over the management of water to a foreign company?

If they are the best people to do the job

Gotcha. Instead of paying for consultancy they should just ask for it for free.
    I don't know why they didn't think of that :mad:

Yes.

The guy that set up and got Northern Ireland water up and running was on Pat Kenny during the week and he said he would be more than happy to have helped the Irish Government. Only they never approached him about it.

The Irish government would rather hand out massive comtracts to company's to do the same thing!

If they are the best people to do the job

And remind me, how did they do in the original tendering process that picked BG/Irish Water to do the job?

Yes.

The guy that set up and got Northern Ireland water up and running was on Pat Kenny during the week and he said he would be more than happy to have helped the Irish Government. Only they never approached him about it.

The Irish government would rather hand out massive comtracts to company's to do the same thing!

Exactly, why go reinventing the wheel - if someone has the experience and has already proved their ability to deliver the job why not let them?
    But no, we'd rather throw money at the usual golden circle.

Yes.

So your saying that the former CEO of Northern Irish Water could have given us the 'blueprints' for setting up a water company and we could have saved the €50 million, the bulk of which was spent on hardware and software?

If only he had made this offer to the government when they were tendering for someone to manage the water system, instead of watching his phone waiting for them to call him.

• Advertisement

Exactly, why go reinventing the wheel - if someone has the experience and has already proved their ability to deliver the job why not let them?
    But no, we'd rather throw money at the usual golden circle.
    1. Did he tender for the gig?
    2. If he did, why did his tender fail?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Marian,
    With respect to The Abbey much as yourself long past performance is not representative of current output.
    With respect to your gushing over Sorkins reported comments polite Americans always flatter to deceive you apparently.

The Abbey is a joke, the spoofing Irish 'artistic' community is finally being found out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Fkn hell Richard Squawkins...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

so....

...anyone in the real world heard of this twonk?

thought not. 295k a year for this lads,295k a year to interview your mates.

Laughing at this guy, all questions, no answers and a liberal bigot to boot

Definitely in the image of Marian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Finucane will keel over and expire on air won't she?

• Advertisement

i loved the bit where IIRC he said he was so depressed that he had to leave the country.

all i could think of was "yeah liveline has that effect on people "

:D

i loved the bit where IIRC he said he was so depressed that he had to leave the country.all i could think of was "yeah liveline has that effect on people "

Given his "profession", it got me thinking of that other famous quote "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Marian taking the Joe Duffy line on giving out about politicians/public sector pensions... Enda Kenny works seven days a week running the country, and gets half what Marian gets running a coffee morning for two hours, two days a week.. She really should pull her neck in ..

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Only Marian has the sheer neck to complain about how people will cope on their pension . " Hey Marian , i know what to do , how about i get a job where i broadcast for 4 hours a week , with 3-4 months holudays a year . Maybe 3-400,000 a year ? Yea i think i can manage a pension out if that alright "

TV and the Internet? Same plusses and minuses?
    This guy hasnt got a clue.. The Interactive and on demand nature of the Internet makes it far more dangerous..

• Advertisement

Years ago this charlatan would have been a priest...

(Tech rules guy)

my friend wrote: »
    Years ago this charlatan would have been a priest...(Tech rules guy)

It's like the blind leading the blind (and coughing)..

This supposed 'expert' is amazed that 2 year olds can operate iPads/phones?

He needs to get up to speed, there are kids not even 1 who can use them, unlock, view photos etc

The audible nasal breathing from Marian is wretch inducing

Professional my hole

This spoofer must be on sabbatical from our glorious Civil Service , I never heard such uninspired waffle, there's no way kids will listen to him, unless he's bigger than Hulk Hogan and can convince kids in person his services would be less valuable than actually burning cash.

I dont see how the Public Accounts Committee can carry out this investigation in a public forum and THEN expect the Gardaí to take the evidence and prepare a case for the DPP.. Surely the defence in any such case would immediately look for a mistrial on the basis that it would not be possible to have a fair trial in the light of the fact that the whole thing has been played out in the media?

considering the political connections of all involved i'd wager thats the point.

they might get locked up if investigated now.

I dont see how the Public Accounts Committee can carry out this investigation in a public forum and THEN expect the Gardaí to take the evidence and prepare a case for the DPP.. Surely the defence in any such case would immediately look for a mistrial on the basis that it would not be possible to have a fair trial in the light of the fact that the whole thing has been played out in the media?

That's what Mc guiness is hoping for, this scandal is brimming with Fianna fail men!

They will do everything In there power to avoid convictions.

If it was some gouger that swiped a charity box from a shop he would have been arrested and charged already.

But these Fianna fail cronnies seem to be able to do what they want without fear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Marian taking the Joe Duffy line on giving out about politicians/public sector pensions... Enda Kenny works seven days a week running the country, and gets half what Marian gets running a coffee morning for two hours, two days a week.. She really should pull her neck in ..

There's the amazing bit.

It's unbelievable .

Ah god.. Eamonn Ryan..:( It's gonna be difficult to stick with Marian for the full show today..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Eamon Ryan is an anachronism. He's the political equivalent of a dodo. He talks about "openness and transparency", yet he and the rest of those self-righteous idiots in the Green Party had no trouble landing on Planet Bertie when it suited them. Bunch of stinking hypocrites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So we get our water from rivers according to eamon. Thanks for clearing that up.

Is Marion telling us her salary there 200,250,350,400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I'm gone , he's living in the past , he really is incredibly annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oops69 wrote: »
    I'm gone , he's living in the past , he really is incredibly annoying

He started talking about being worth it, I thought he was going to make a case for the Bert and his pension.

All the charities are calling for a regulator now , no calls for this in the last few years prior to the current scandal though !

Poor nuns !!, I could write a book

The thing I dont understand is the way that Paul Kiely is hanging on similar to the way Michael Fingleton did.... This is a FKN charity!!... How in god's name did they ever think that this guy had the suitable ethos and morals to run the CRC.. It really doesnt say a lot for the guy that he is essentially holding a charity to ransom. Can you imagine the abuse his kids/family are getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So we get our water from rivers according to eamon. ...
    The point he was making, and which in your haste to have a go at him you chose to ignore, was that the spend on making/keeping our rivers clean was insufficient. Those charged with delivering clean water to us didn't seem to recognise that we get (most of) our water from rivers.

The thing I dont understand is the way that Paul Kiely is hanging on similar to the way Michael Fingleton did.... This is a FKN charity!!... How in god's name did they ever think that this guy had the suitable ethos and morals to run the CRC.. It really doesnt say a lot for the guy that he is essentially holding a charity to ransom. Can you imagine the abuse his kids/family are getting.

Fianna fail don't do shame or morals!

• Advertisement

Teachers whinging again ... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Interesting how Marian can't see the issues there will be in Ireland with continuous assessment...

Hamilton Goulding III appearing on with Colm at 1pm... This should be good.. I think I could hear the annoyance in Marian's voice that she hadnt got the big interview... :D:D

Oh this fupping non story. How the hell cares who François Hollande is sleeping with?

Also, Valerie Trierweiler had a "case of the blues"? Is that what people are calling nervous breakdowns and drug overdoses these? Fupping hypocrites, they'd all be putting on crocodile tears if there was an item about suicide in Ireland on the programme.

"President Hole-And" ?

Is he France's version of Joe Duffy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

"President Hole-And" ?
    He sez it in zee french accánt

• Advertisement

"President Hole-And" ?

That's actually how it's pronounced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oh this fupping non story. How the hell cares who François Hollande is sleeping with?
    Also, Valerie Trierweiler had a "case of the blues"? Is that what people are calling nervous breakdowns and drug overdoses these? Fupping hypocrites, they'd all be putting on crocodile tears if there was an item about suicide in Ireland on the programme.

We care! I'm waiting for the inevitable sex tape to emerge

You wouldn't catch our Enda in bed at 11am - but then the French have always been a indolent nation :rolleyes:

snubbleste wrote: »
    We care! I'm waiting for the inevitable sex tape to emerge
    I think you need help if that's what gets you off! :)

ffs, Marian gossiping like an old fishwife... Could you imagine if the press published something as intrusive about her, there would be smoke coming out of her ears.... and not from the cigarettes..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement