Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

That's actually how it's pronounced.

What's the French for "That puts you back in your box, County Hurler". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Sean O'Rourke's prog getting multiple mentions in the Dail must annoy the hell out of Pat Kenny :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Oh this fupping non story. How the hell cares who François Hollande is sleeping with?

Also, Valerie Trierweiler had a "case of the blues"? Is that what people are calling nervous breakdowns and drug overdoses these? Fupping hypocrites, they'd all be putting on crocodile tears if there was an item about suicide in Ireland on the programme.

Its a great distractor for the plebs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What's the French for "That puts you back in your box, County Hurler". :(
    Ah sorry, I didn't mean it to sound bitchy! :)
    Just I live in France and I find the usual English speaking people's pronunciation of French names hilarious! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

lufties wrote: »
    Its a great distractor for the plebs though.
    Yeah, the previous couple of weeks all the scandal was about Dieudonné, and now this, so people aren't talking about the terrible employment stats and how taxes and rates are going up and services going down.

Yeah, the previous couple of weeks all the scandal was about Dieudonné, and now this, so people aren't talking about the terrible employment stats and how taxes and rates are going up and services going down.

Its so friggin boring, hollande's sex life..who gives a yipidee fook!!

Fair play to Diarmuid Ferriter.. I've never seen anybody get so enthused about something so boring..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I think this is far from boring and very relevant.

The denial of pensions to women and many men who took part in Ireland's fight for independence is a shameful disgrace.

The methods of allocation of these pensions and the manner in which it was administered laid the seeds for the political corruption in this country that exists to this day.

Lapin wrote: »
    I think this is far from boring and very relevant.

The denial of pensions to women and many men who took part in Ireland's fight for independence is a shameful disgrace.

The methods of allocation of these pensions and the manner in which it was administered laid the seeds for the political corruption in this country that exists to this day.

Could not agree with you more - people who stayed warm & cosy in their beds standing judge & jury over people who risked their lives repeatedly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭Boroso

Lapin wrote: »

To try to blame any political corruption which exists in Ireland today on events which happened 90 years ago seems, to me, to be a symptom of what is wrong.

Political corruption exists in Ireland today because Irish men and women tolerate it and encourage it. If you need proof see how some Irish men and women reward it by, for example, the numbers of them who vote for Michael Lowry, and others.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Its so friggin boring, hollande's sex life..who gives a yipidee fook!!
    Me!
    I find it fascinating how such a normale gumptious gormless person can get beautiful women hankering after him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hand wringing inanity.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Me!
    I find it fascinating how such a normale gumptious gormless person can get beautiful women hankering after him

Power

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Power
    So why doesn't Enda have luvvies?.. He has the gormless look, the helmet, the flat etc

snubbleste wrote: »
    So why doesn't Enda have luvvies?.. He has the gormless look, the helmet, the flat etc

He probably could tbh, :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yup.

who saw john major "coming" so to speak ?

enda could have a harem for all we know, christ knows the media wouldnt tell us till it turned up in reeling in the years !

it'd certainly explain where hes disappeard to the last 2 years or so.

:D

Boroso wrote: »
    To try to blame any political corruption which exists in Ireland today on events which happened 90 years ago seems, to me, to be a symptom of what is wrong.

Political corruption exists in Ireland today because Irish men and women tolerate it and encourage it. If you need proof see how some Irish men and women reward it by, for example, the numbers of them who vote for Michael Lowry, and others.

I would suggest that (some) people were as tolerant back then as they are now given some of the politicians elected in the years after the foundation of the Free State.

Lowry, Bertie and others are only following in a long line of crooked politicians that go back to 1922.

Wow.. Goulding is doing a complete hatchet job on Paul Keily... "He's a very clever man"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

my friend wrote: »
    Laughing at this guy, all questions, no answers and a liberal bigot to boot

Definitely in the image of Marian

He he he I like that 'all questions,no answers'

Sums up Shane Ross and a lot of those independents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

... and now RTÉ need a new sponsor for Marian... http://radionation.ie/2014/01/rte-seeking-new-finucane-show-sponsor/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Bard wrote: »
    ... and now RTÉ need a new sponsor for Marian... http://radionation.ie/2014/01/rte-seeking-new-finucane-show-sponsor/

I'm not in Media, but it seems somewhat steep considering Ireland's Search and Rescue, on TV, which had more viewers than Marian has listeners, is e60k for eight hour-long episodes (thirty two stings).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,593 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm not in Media, but it seems somewhat steep considering Ireland's Search and Rescue, on TV, which had more viewers than Marian has listeners, is e60k for eight hour-long episodes (thirty two stings).

60k for 32 stings vs 90k for 104 promos and 213 stings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

MYOB wrote: »
    60k for 32 stings vs 90k for 104 promos and 213 stings.

But, visual advertising is more affective and TV viewers likely to be much more engaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

But, visual advertising is more affective and TV viewers likely to be much more engaged.

What study or survey results do you have to back this up? I wouldn't be sure that it's true at all.

She's all over the place today.. Mumbling and stumbling the whole way through the intro... I guess Ruarí Quinn is right about having more reading in the secondary syllabus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

She's all over the place today.. Mumbling and stumbling the whole way through the intro... I guess Ruarí Quinn is right about having more reading in the secondary syllabus.

And sniffing and snuffling. Putting me off my breakfast.

When I saw that Gabriel Byrne ad for the Vikings .. "There are NOOOO lands to the west"... I thought to myself, well it's kind of similar to his line on The Gathering really isnt it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Shambolic stuff, sounds like she's phoning into her own show. Fluffing lines and tenses all over the shop.

I hope Michael Bolton wasnt listening to the radio. He might have thought that Nicollette was after taking him back.

marian having her boss on, pat rabbite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

marian having her boss on, pat rabbite.

both well padded people !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This is one of those mornings you'd hope a giant meteor would hit Montrose. Imagine Pat Rabbitte, Gerald Kean and Noirin Hegarty being wiped out in one fell swoop.

I wonder is there even a single wife, partner or family member of a Garda who has been given penalty points? :rolleyes:

They can say what they want about the Public Accounts Committee being non-political, but I would doubt whether Pat Rabbitte would have made those remarks about the Public Accounts Committee overstepping it's bounds if it was being headed by a Labour colleague..

Kean said he was speaking to 14 guards yesterday.....its getting harder to get those penalty points wiped out :D

Kean said he was speaking to 14 guards yesterday.....its getting harder to get those penalty points wiped out :D

ya gotta love this.

remind me again, even WHEN a whistleblowers been proven correct, WHEN has anyone beyond the odd sacrifical goat EVER gone to jail for their crimes in great numbers.

neary got a fecking gold plated pension for butchering all those women FFS and the nurse that blew the whistle had to leave the country.

Hell of a lot of hypocrisy this morning and "muddy the waters" seems to be the policy.
    Surely the most serious aspect of the issue is if those who did their duty are then victimised and bullied?

I think the fact that Clare Daly and Mick Wallace were targetted by the Gardaí is MUCH more sinister and worrying than anything going on in the Public Accounts Committee.. The people who pulled them over should be brought in and asked if this was something they were instructed to do or whether it is they alone that should be fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

signostic wrote: »

How an eejit like Kean gets so much airtime is a mystery to me. I have never heard him make a remotely sensible point about anything.:mad:

• Advertisement

Another breaking charity controversy next week... You know Marian's Coffee Mornings... well, it's not real coffee !!!!!! :eek:

Has Pat Rabbitte been using Word Of The Day toilet paper?

I think the fact that Clare Daly and Mick Wallace were targetted by the Gardaí is MUCH more sinister and worrying than anything going on in the Public Accounts Committee.. The people who pulled them over should be brought in and asked if this was something they were instructed to do or whether it is they alone that should be fired.

ive no problem with what the gards did to mick wallace. that was bang on.

ive a BIG problem with that incident - which wasnt even recorded - ending up in a file with the commissioner that HE gives to the minister of justice to ambush him live on telly with.

THAT screams targeting of political opponents of the gov by the head of the gardai.

fecking east german stuff !

ive no problem with what the gards did to mick wallace. that was bang on.

ive a BIG problem with that incident - which wasnt even recorded - ending up in a file with the commissioner that HE gives to the minister of justice to ambush him live on telly with.

THAT screams targeting of political opponents of the gov by the head of the gardai.

fecking east german stuff !

The Commissioner was in clear breach of the Data Protection Act. Was he prosecuted? ....was he fcuk?:mad:

signostic wrote: »

Gerard Kean knows 14 guards and couldnt get off the drink driving charge!! They mustnt like him very much..

Now for the science bit... *fluffs up pillow*..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Roger_007 wrote: »
    The Commissioner was in clear breach of the Data Protection Act....
    Was he? Is he not allowed report to the Minister for Justice on work done by the force?

I'm not trying to defend his action. It was, at most favourable interpretation, petty. But it was the Minister who put the information in the public domain.

ah this'll be fun.

pat doenst want to deal with people resigning because the party didnt follow through on its promises !

:D:D:D

Was he? Is he not allowed report to the Minister for Justice on work done by the force?

I'm not trying to defend his action. It was, at most favourable interpretation, petty. But it was the Minister who put the information in the public domain.

It was personal information with no implication for national security. He had NO right or reason to pass it on to anyone. The Data Protection Act is there to prevent organisations from passing on personal information except in certain specified circumstances.
    You ARE defending his actions!

Noirín Hegerty's attempts to bring a feminest agenda into every subject is getting silly now.

• Advertisement

Despite listening to repeated interviews & news progs I still have absolutely no idea what the RA & Lucinda are on about - it seems to me to be all waffle and no substance.
    As Noreen said I remarked watching last night's news how few women there appeared to be at the gathering. I also noted when Lucinda made her abortion comment it was all men who stood up to applaud her!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement