Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oops69 wrote: »
    Even if it is no one here gives two hoots , the new shower / the plait headed nutter woman's friends will be as bad as the last shower and has no relevance for us .

And I can guarantee no one on the media or elsewhere will be talking about this by Tuesday at the latest , maybe even by tomorrow
    I would have thought what's happening in Ukraine is important, what with gaslines going through it to Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yvonne23R

Marian was good on the Guards things but the story in Russia & the Ukraine is hard to follow. It's one side against the other and we don't know who to believe. Maybe if there was somebody from RTE out there it would make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Yvonne23R wrote: »
    Marian was good on the Guards things but the story in Russia & the Ukraine is hard to follow. It's one side against the other and we don't know who to believe. Maybe if there was somebody from RTE out there it would make a difference.

You werent listening to the show at all were you.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

There is:

PaulCunninghamRTE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yvonne23R

Who is he? I heard Philip on the programme and he's always very good.

Who is he? I heard Philip on the programme and he's always very good.

Paul Cunningham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

You werent listening to the show at all were you.. :D

Your post made me chuckle. And it gives me an opportunity to comment on that incident (for those who didn't hear, a third-year schoolboy, who's mother is Ukrainian, was in Kiev during the occupation, and was somehow involved in delivering supplies to the occupiers. At one point, Finucane thanked the guests for their contributions to the discussion on "the Ukraine", and was about to throw to an ad, when the schoolboy interjected to inform her that it is in fact just "Ukraine").

It seems to me so "Irish" that we should have heard from this person who had peripheral involvement in the first place. Though more eloquent than many 14/15 y/os, he still contributed very little, and didn't seem to "know his place". It was most petty to interrupt as he did in order to correct Finucane's common mistake - which is a hang-over from Soviet-days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Today's show had Mick Wallace with Marion, I'm no fan of Alan Shatter or his politics, but Wallace has lost all credibility when he was exposed as a tax cheat, it was cringing stuff listening to Wallace going on about the Minister for Justice's credibitity, when his own credibility is in question, Mick wallace is gone beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    Today's show had Mick Wallace with Marion, I'm no fan of Alan Shatter or his politics, but Wallace has lost all credibility when he was exposed as a tax cheat, it was cringing stuff listening to Wallace going on about the Minister for Justice's credibitity, when his own credibility is in question, Mick wallace is gone beyond a joke.

Like him or not Shatter's contribution this week came across to me as entirely fact based - I don't see how he can be condemned for that. Mick Wallace & co have been throwing around what they say are "amazing" and "earth shattering" allegations - we need the facts.
    That said I thought the Commissioner's contributions was disgraceful and proved to me that what the country & the Gardaí really need is a Cmmissioner from outside the force, someone who does not feel that even the mildest criticism of "his force" is akin to criticism of his favourite child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Callan57 wrote: »
    Like him or not Shatter's contribution this week came across to me as entirely fact based - I don't see how he can be condemned for that. Mick Wallace & co have been throwing around what they say are "amazing" and "earth shattering" allegations - we need the facts.
    That said I thought the Commissioner's contributions was disgraceful and proved to me that what the country & the Gardaí really need is a Cmmissioner from outside the force, someone who does not feel that even the mildest criticism of "his force" is akin to criticism of his favourite child.

Make no mistake, these are very serious allegations against the Gardai. People shouldn't be distracted by the empty noise coming from Wallace and his ilk. Alas I don't hold out much hope, after all this guy got elected on some sort of protest ticket.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

More train wreck delivery from MF

Bad to worse, pasture calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

my friend wrote: »
    More train wreck delivery from MF

Bad to worse, pasture calls

Slaughterhouse calls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Aidric wrote: »
    Make no mistake, these are very serious allegations against the Gardai. People shouldn't be distracted by the empty noise coming from Wallace and his ilk. Alas I don't hold out much hope, after all this guy got elected on some sort of protest ticket.

Wouldn't give Wallace any serious credence in this, to be honest.

Hopefully people who can distinguish an agenda from the hard facts will prevail.

This so-called "charity" sector is total cesspool. Whatever they may have started out as they have now, in many instances, morphed into "nice little earners" for a few select individuals.

They are getting public money and also getting the not inconsiderable benefit of "charitable tax status" - if they didn't have that tax status would they be able to pay these obscene salaries & benefits?

Withdraw their charitable tax status and see how quickly they will answer questions then.

This so-called "charity" sector is total cesspool. Whatever they may have started out as they have now, in many instances, morphed into "nice little earners" for a few select individuals.

They are getting public money and also getting the not inconsiderable benefit of "charitable tax status" - if they didn't have that tax status would they be able to pay these obscene salaries & benefits?

Withdraw their charitable tax status and see how quickly they will answer questions then.

The directors of these charities also benefit from the kudos that they work for a charity, as if it's a major vocation on their part. What this has shown is that directors and board members of charities are feathering their own nests first and foremost, and hoodwinking the public and the many volunteers who actually do the donkey work for these charities without getting a penny of recognition. The whole thing stinks.

• Advertisement

Leo talking a load of propagandist Fine Gael shyte, as usual.

The directors of these charities also benefit from the kudos that they work for a charity, as if it's a major vocation on their part. What this has shown is that directors and board members of charities are feathering their own nests first and foremost, and hoodwinking the public and the many volunteers who actually do the donkey work for these charities without getting a penny of recognition. The whole thing stinks.

You are absolutely right. In my naivety I was for years under the impression that all these people who where on the boards of charity organisations gave their time and effort on a voluntary basis & I would be fairly certain the vast majority of people who contribute to these organisations are also misled in this way. IMO they have been taking money under false pretences & abusing the incredible work genuine volunteers do. They should be ashamed of themselves but I very much doubt they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

You are absolutely right. In my naivety I was for years under the impression that all these people who where on the boards of charity organisations gave their time and effort on a voluntary basis & I would be fairly certain the vast majority of people who contribute to these organisations are also misled in this way. IMO they have been taking money under false pretences & abusing the incredible work genuine volunteers do. They should be ashamed of themselves but I very much doubt they are.

Totally agree with the above. Also, in the case of Rehab, if they are really a commercial organisation who just happen to do work for the state, why do they have charitable status at all?
    Why is nobody asking this question?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Rosie sounded like a great lady. :)

I'd love to had a chat with her, imagine her memories..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Rosy Hackett was no more than a full-time trade union official all her working life. I don't know why they are naming a bridge after her. You might as well name it after one of our current bearded ones!

• Advertisement

I dont think I've heard Marian make as many mistakes. Mumbling over questions, getting her facts wrong on a number of occasions...If she keeps this up they will replace her with Mary Wilson..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Correct and right.

I have seen threads about to above being vilified on other 'departments' on this site and ,I will have to point out that the suspicions were right,in my opinion.

What a lot of these charities have in common is ex 'politicos' in positions of power,ex TDs and,what do they call them now, lobbyists or something all in the mix and with their snouts,it would seem , dug deep in the trough of the taxpayers and donators generosity.

I have to say I was appalled at the attitude of the CE of the CRC at the recent inquiry and the sheen off her brass neck ,to me, was blinding.

This whole barrel needs to washed out and quickly.

Something's very rotten in there.

Bono is such a w@nker.
    Of course he loves Europe - it means he can dodge paying his taxes in this country. The Dutch must love him.

Bono is such a w@nker.
    Of course he loves Europe - it means he can dodge paying his taxes in this country. The Dutch must love him.

Morning Har, yeah he certainly has a neck like a jockey's b*ll*x.. Hey Bono, if you paid your taxes here, the public service wouldnt have been hit as hard..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Bono is such a w@nker.

And Switzerland, Monaco , the Isle of Man , etc , etc. etc ,they all love him , what an arrogant knob

Ah, it's Melanie Verwoerd.

Ask her about Gerry Ryan, Marian....

mrs-doyle-gif.gif

Don't try and get her back Marion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bono makes me gag.

Fergal got a nice brown envelope last night obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fergal keane is a fan of bono it appears.

• Advertisement

I'm rapidly losing all respect for mr keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Who is this bellend talking?

Fergal doing a bit of a reeling in the years. Fergal is talking utter ****e now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fergal get a grip!

"Its in his music its what he does"

Embarassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

jaysus, and I thought Rachel English was sycophantic towards Bruce Springsteen.

Fergal Keane: ".....Marion, I love Bono....."

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Fergal doing a bit of a reeling in the years. Fergal is talking utter ****e now.

Another establishment lick arse :rolleyes:

this is painful stuff. So bono for pope so then fergal maybe ?

Fcuk off Fergal, you're starting to embarrass yourself, you gibbering idiot.

Michael O'Leary pays his taxes here, yet is vilified by the media.. He would have far more credibility to talk to the Europeans than Bono would.. But O'Leary probably wouldnt curtsey when prompted as Bono does..

And I dont get this craic about having a "Rock Star" coming to this European conference to lecture about taxes.. Did David Hasslehoff give a presentation on water safety when it was held in Germany?

• Advertisement

Ok , what's he been smoking , we're not at the oscars here fergal ffs .

So nice of fergal to let us know he is going to paris next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

and the Aviva today....warm welcome awaits him from Bono i would say...

No recession in Fergal Keane's household, then. He's got us to thank for that.

No recession in Fergal Keane's household, then. He's got us to thank for that.

who is fergal keane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

lufties wrote: »
    who is fergal keane?

a reporter on RTE radio, he came to the fore when reporting on the various tribunals a few years ago...

Oh God, do we have to go over this again... Joe Duffy does it wall to wall...

What price is Paddy giving on that Malaysian plane being found

"lots of people taking offence on behalf of others"
    That's Joe Duffy he's talking about there.

signostic wrote: »
    a reporter on RTE radio, he came to the fore when reporting on the various tribunals a few years ago...

Ah ok, he sounds like an insider. Hence the fawning over bono.

Oh God, do we have to go over this again... Joe Duffy does it wall to wall...
    Joe did this all week as well , he's getting Marion on the paddy power case again because he failed .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement