Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Uh oh.... The Jewish question... The wheels are about to come off here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Shows just how poor Brendan O' Carroll's 'comedy' writing is, when he has to rely on the fluffed lines and out-takes for the bigger laughs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Who the hell tells people on Facebook that they were done for drink driving?

I hate Facebook myself and this guest is re enforcing my attitude towards it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lapin wrote: »
    Who the hell tells people they were done for drink driving on Facebook?

I hate Facebook myself and this guest is re enforcing my attitude towards it.
    The problem isn't facebook, it's the people who are on it.

Here we go -

Can't drink coffee anymore.
    Can't drink juice anymore.
    Can't eat Today's Bread Today anymore.
    Can't eat pasta anymore.
    Can't eat yogurt anymore, (for those who do eat that shíte).
    No more smoothies either.

What you can eat

An apple and some nuts.

Oh and two biscuits.

• Advertisement

^ And I'm guessing you're not using honey as a sweetener any more either.. :p

Just heard the party political message on behalf of Brid Smith... "We've had it up to here with charges".... I'm not sure that's really gonna work on the wireless Bríd.

Do the political parties have to pay for these adverts broadcasts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Do the political parties have to pay for these adverts broadcasts ?

No ... you & me pay :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭littlema

Well......I was feeling a bit down today and then the clip of Rory from Mrs Brown came on the radio and I disgraced myself with hysterical laughter outside of the shops in town. I suppose that sometimes, mrs B just tickles the old funny bone!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

little ma wrote: »
    Well......I was feeling a bit down today and then the clip of Rory from Mrs Brown came on the radio and I disgraced myself with hysterical laughter outside of the shops in town. I suppose that sometimes, mrs B just tickles the old funny bone!!!!!

You're easily amused so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭littlema

Yeah........me and all the Brits that voted it with an award. Lighten up and let me lift my sadness gently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

little ma wrote: »
    Yeah........me and all the Brits that voted it with an award. Lighten up and let me lift my sadness gently!

Lighten up? I'm merely making an observation. Relax. Where's your sense of humour now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Uh oh.... The Jewish question... The wheels are about to come off here..

That was the only bit of the programme I heard. He seemed terribly naive, and him a regular visitor...odd.

tampopo wrote: »
    That was the only bit of the programme I heard. He seemed terribly naive, and him a regular visitor...odd.

I'm sure you are aware of this, but the whole reason behind the questioning on Israel was that he appeared on Liveline a while back saying how much he loved Israel, and a flood of pro palestinian callers rang in and gave him a verbal battering..

All geared up for another great show today.. I'm hoping I dont fall asleep, but I'm sure I'll be woken to the sweet sound of Marian's smoker's cough..

I'm sure you are aware of this, but the whole reason behind the questioning on Israel was that he appeared on Liveline a while back saying how much he loved Israel, and a flood of pro palestinian callers rang in and gave him a verbal battering..

All geared up for another great show today.. I'm hoping I dont fall asleep, but I'm sure I'll be woken to the sweet sound of Marian's smoker's cough..

Who was the guest yesterday? Is it worth listening back?

Who was the guest yesterday? Is it worth listening back?

Did you get any sleep at all:eek::eek: Last I heard you were spending the night with Derek Mooney.... Well, his dawn chorus at least... :pac:

Rory Cowan, plays the gay character Rory in Mrs Brown's Boys. He was on talking about the show, and how it's been syndicated to countries that dont necessarily approve of homosexuality. Marian started asking him questions about Israel... He said how much he loved Israel, and Marian started questioning him about partitioning walls and the like.

Rory was on Liveline in 2012 defending his attendance at a Pro-Israeli demo in Dublin city..

Did you get any sleep at all:eek::eek: Last I heard you were spending the night with Derek Mooney.... Well, his dawn chorus at least... :pac:

Mooney's live coverage of the rain falling had me dozing off in jig time !
    Rory Cowan...... He said how much he loved Israel, and Marian started questioning him about partitioning walls and the like.

Ah, and there I was hoping it would be Alan Shatter.

Dunphy not taking any crap here fair play to him.

At least one of Marian's guests always seems to be just off a plane or about to board one.

Martin Callinan the most senior police officer in the country with an impressive CV & years of dealing with every class of low life in the country and he was intimidated into early retirement by a call from a civil servant? I watched Mr Callinan at the PAC & he didn't strike me as a man easily intimidated.

As Victor Meldrew might say I don't believe it .... clearly the civil servant had some major ammo when he called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Dunphy should be on every week. He's one of the few guests who doesn't mind ruffling a few feathers. Marian's guests are invariably of the ruling class variety who all agree with each other. Her Sunday studio is usually full of Churchill nodding dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Her Sunday studio is usually full of Churchill nodding dogs.

:D

I must be in a giddy mood Harry, this made me laugh a lot!

Bloody cyclists. :pac:

Has anybody seen Paul Williams? I'm worried Keith Barry has disappeared him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Callan57 wrote: »
    Has anybody seen Paul Williams? I'm worried Keith Barry has disappeared him :rolleyes:

Paul Williams is severely allergic to the sound of whistles blowing. He's probably recuperating in a darkened room as we speak.:rolleyes:

I'm just after tuning back in.. David Cameron is getting Axel Rose as his political consultant... :eek::eek::eek:

Dunphy should be on every week. He's one of the few guests who doesn't mind ruffling a few feathers.

I agree with this 100%.. I was delighted to hear his name mentioned at the end of the introductions, after hearing the names of Marian's usual bunch of PR consultants, ex civil servants and general insiders.. You know that he'll "keep them straight" and prevent the show from descending in to the usual cosy, pretentious love in..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Callan57 wrote: »

Since callinans 'retirement' Williams and Paul Reynolds scoops have dried up!

So the guards are allowed to have a union now... Are they not dysfunctional enough as it is?

• Advertisement

I didn't know that.

It was odd to hear Marzie as the voice of reason/devil's advocate though.

Dunphy not taking any crap here fair play to him.

No, not all the time. I tuned it to hear him moaning..."I didn't interrupt you..." and moments later he was interrupting another speaker...jeez...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭serfboard

tampopo wrote: »
    He seemed terribly naive, and him a regular visitor...odd.
    As Marzie might say, I found his defence of Israel to be "extraordinary".

Basically, what he was saying was that there was no discrimination because he hadn't seen it.

You could imagine many apartheid apologists back in the day saying the same thing ...

I'm a bit afeared that Mary Hanafin is gonna make an appearance on today's show.. :mad:

The political correspondant, the journalist, the civil servant and the lifetime academic... Add a "PR advisor" to that list and her panels are as predictable as The Village People at this stage....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Doubt Ronan Mullens will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm a bit afeared that Mary Hanafin is gonna make an appearance on today's show.. :mad:
    She's warbling on Newstalk for the past 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

snubbleste wrote: »
    She's warbling on Newstalk for the past 15 minutes.

Did she get elected :eek: and how about the girl she went up against???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Both of them got elected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    They both did. Cllr Mary loadsa pensions brass neck Hanafin now.

The "32 days extra leave" assertion WAS rebutted by the union.. You would think this lad would know his facts before talking about it on the national airwaves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Where did this pr job for rehab come out off , obviously scheduled a couple of weeks ago

• Advertisement

The "32 days extra leave" assertion WAS rebutted by the union.. You would think this lad would know his facts before talking about it on the national airwaves...

I heard that 32-day mention but I have no recollection of hearing anyone from IMPACT rebutt it - maybe they did but I didn't hear it and I listen to a fair amount of news & current affairs radio.

Oops69 wrote: »
    Where did this pr job for rehab come out off , obviously scheduled a couple of weeks ago

As usual, Finnucane never asks the obvious question which is why Rehab is a registered charity while claiming that they are a commercial organisation providing services to the state for which they are paid by the state at commercial rates?
    I thought that a charity was an organisation which seeks charitable donations to provide goods or services to people who need them, free of charge.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    As usual, Finnucane never asks the obvious question which is why Rehab is a registered charity while claiming that they are a commercial organisation providing services to the state for which they are paid by the state at commercial rates?
    I thought that a charity was an organisation which seeks charitable donations to provide goods or services to people who need them, free of charge.

Yea very soft interview ... whitewash job

John Bowman is all over the place.. He sounds about as well prepared as Marian usually is..

John Bowman is all over the place.. He sounds about as well prepared as Marian usually is..

He's just so knowledgeable it just cascades out of him ... miss him dreafully from current affairs coverage. Unlike VB he was always so incredibly polite to anyone he was interviewing even when he was subtly "wiping the floor with them"

Who's yer wan reading the weather forecast........is she on the sauce or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Who's yer wan reading the weather forecast........is she on the sauce or what?
    Was going to post the same message

"When your mother found your IRA gloves and mask, what did she say? "

Tiocfaidh Ár LÁ ?

It isn't often in this country that we get to listen to a statesman - fascinating interview with Martin McGuinness

Myself and herself have a bet on the amount of times he says 'situation'.

Mon ta fuk Murt, say it again - just two more times - please !!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement