Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bloomin Bloom Bloom Bloom Bloom Bloom.

Every time I went near a radio in the last week, there was an item advertorial on Bloom.

Whoever handles their PR deserves a payrise.

It must cost the Bloom crowd a bloomin fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Lapin wrote: »

Every time I went near a radio in the last week, there was an item advertorial on Bloom.

Twas a real granny convention yesterday , I'd say the loos were working overtime , might be a bit different at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Myself and herself have a bet on the amount of times he says 'situation'.

Mon ta fuk Murt, say it again - just two more times - please !!!
    Jaysus, I love when Martin says 'sit-e-ation', the Northern accent makes me go weak at the knees :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Next week, it will all be about the Leaving Cert., there will be no escaping it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Pat Wabbit, Ciara Kelly, Shane Ross and newspaper funny man Michael O'Regan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Very interesting details from Pat Rabbitt on the medical card issue ... facts can be very enlightening!

"James Reilly has confirmed to me that no call was every made asking somebody who had a child with Down's Syndrome if the condition had improved"

RTE have the name and number of the people who rang in to Liveline, why dont they bring them on air?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Dr Ciara is wiping the floor with that smug arrogant git Rabbitte.

Callan57 wrote: »
    Very interesting details from Pat Rabbitt on the medical card issue ... facts can be very enlightening!
    Or very massaged by the civil servant who gave them to him , Ciara kelly wiped the floor with rabbitte

• Advertisement

Dr Ciara is wiping the floor with that smug arrogant git Rabbitte.

Funny the way any suggestion of any change or review is instinctively resisted by doctors.

Have any of the highly paid "advisors" taken a hit for the election debacle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

"James Reilly has confirmed to me that no call was every made asking somebody who had a child with Down's Syndrome if the condition had improved"

RTE have the name and number of the people who rang in to Liveline, why dont they bring them on air?

You naively assume that everyone who rings Liveline tells the unvarnished truth.

I dont agree with Shane Ross that the opposition's questioning of the Government is driven by patriotism, and not simply the wish win political points by making the Government parties look bad... If you listen to any of Mary Lou MacDonald's cynical, smarmy, sarcastic, sanctimonious questions(/statements) in the Dail, you will be left in no doubt that it's all political...

Maybe she ask some serious questions of her own leader before moving on to the Government parties, because from how she explains it, Gerry hasnt been giving her the full story.

David Drumm has been most generous and kind to his wife.........what's not to like.:confused:

Lorraine Drumm was worried he was going to die of a heart attack... In complete contradiction to the way the rest of the country felt about him.

Funny the way any suggestion of any change or review is instinctively resisted by doctors.

There's a world of difference between having a review and the cack-handed and disgusting way that the Government went about taking away medical cards from the people who needed them most.

• Advertisement

Drumm got a business visa to enter the US. He ends up bankrupt. Surely the fcuker's visa should be rescinded?

This obsession with Roy keane is getting pathetic and embarrassing now .

It's a hard decision for Keane... Difficult opportunity to turn down, but I think he should stay with Ireland for the moment... Take the Celtic job the next time it comes around.

Oops69 wrote: »
    This obsession with Roy keane is getting pathetic and embarrassing now .

I couldn't agree more. I'm a football fan but this constant speculation about what Roy is doing, or is going to do next, is getting ridiculous.

I DONT EFFING CARE.:eek:

I think it would have been more of a surprise if the Sunday Times has uncovered evidence suggesting that the World Cup in Qatar HADNT been bought..

• Advertisement

Drumm got a business visa to enter the US. He ends up bankrupt. Surely the fcuker's visa should be rescinded?

Surely going to the US for the purpose of declaring yourself bankrupt is a contravention of their visa rules? Then again do we really want him back ... he is surely the least mourned member of our diaspora.

Isn't it extraordinary how the rules are so different for the guys at the top?

0507be71-4da0-48c2-a670-4f6d315f3d7d.JPG

It's harrowing listening to more on the treatment of girls and their babies but society didn't just develope "these attitudes" out of nowhere - society was deliberabetly and determindly moulded to hold these attitudes & mainly by the RC church.
    And to add insult to injury we follow this with the Angelus Bell !!!

Here we are, back to these feckin property discussions again.

"Oh woe is me Marian, I want to buy a house in a posh area for half a mill but those pesky estate agents are double crossing us and the prices keep going up"

Where have we heard all of this bullsh!t before? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

boo hoo. i cant buy a gaff in sandymount.

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Well this certainly puts the mother and baby tuam story into perspective. Not being able to buy in D4 and D6 is a national tragedy.

Entertainment journalist for the hearald.

FFS luv ya want a million dollar gaff get a REAL job.

:D

It's Marian's middle-class hour. Next up, how to make the most out of leftover hummus.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Listen ladies the mistakes of the past as you call it were fuelled by people wanting to live only in so called salubrious locations in Dublin. Do you not get the irony in what you are doing?

Ah just fcuk off, the pair of ye :mad:

• Advertisement

Does she not see that being prepared to pay 400K plus for a "fairly basic 3 bed" is also fueling the problem ... can she not see the connection between her attitude and the "problem".

BTW can anyone tell me what an entertainment journalist is? Is that even a real job?

the tae went flying ya fecker !

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

It's Marian's middle-class hour. Next up, how to make the most out of leftover hummus.....

I have left over hummus in the fridge.... don't hate me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Does she not see that being prepared to pay 400K plus for a "fairly basic 3 bed" is also fueling the problem ... can she not see the connection between her attitude and the "problem".

BTW can anyone tell me what an entertainment journalist is? Is that even a real job?

All jurnos are "entertainment journalist", does anyone believe anything they write, or report.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Right. I'm gonna buy me an electric toothbrush, some floss and a big bag of sweets !

Marian reading out song lyrics is excruciating - what idiot came up with that idea? :eek:

lol... harsh Harry.. :pac:

Hate when she does this 'technology for crinkles ' slot.

Keep photocopies in yer luggage , this eejit

• Advertisement

lol... harsh Harry.. :pac:

Harsh, but true ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Only heard 2 segments of todays programme-the teeth brushing & travel ones. I thought they were both terrible. No new information given

honeybear wrote: »
    Only heard 2 segments of todays programme-the teeth brushing & travel ones. I thought they were both terrible. No new information given

Agree - second hour almost always seems like "filler" these days :mad:

Agree - second hour almost always seems like "filler" these days :mad:

I love when Declan Power comes in, the put the sign "war room" on the studio door, and we plan how to take over the world..

Marian reading out song lyrics is excruciating - what idiot came up with that idea? :eek:

"You're the one thing I CAWNT get enough of "

ffs Marian, it wasnt the theme song of Sense & Sensibility...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

And to add insult to injury we follow this with the Angelus Bell !!!

It was actually pretty offensive, hearing the Angelus after that. Marian has forgotten to play the bells a few times in the past. Today, it would have been appropriate if she had said "Actually, fuck the angelus..." rather than "Now we'll pause for the angelus" - as if that stupid, nasty religion deserves an ounce of respect.

• Advertisement

RayM wrote: »
    "Now we'll pause for the angelus"

I meant to comment on that actually.. (I was painting a wall at the time so I couldn't respond at the time) I burst out laughing when she said that... The irony.... complaining about the influence of the Church in society which led to all of the atrocities that they were talking about.... Only to then prove their subservience to the Church STILL...

Anyone listening to the quiz on Miriam's show..

"What was stolen from Michael Flatley's house earlier this year?"

What an odd question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Anyone listening to the quiz on Miriam's show..

"What was stolen from Michael Flatley's house earlier this year?"

What an odd question.

Maybe it's a trick question and only the thief knows the full answer?

His horn !

Fnar fnar

Shure everyone knows that

:D

Why are we again discussing Miriam on the Marion Finucane topic? :confused:

Gene Kerrigan superb article in todays Sindo - hits the nail firmly on the head. I'm expect it to be mentioned on MARION's show

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement