Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Here we go ... How many guests names wrong today... I'm gonna guess at two..

I thought Brian Darcy saying that it was "as bad as anything that went on in Nazi Germany" was a completely outrageous thing to say..

People are going to Sinn Fein for leadership.. As opposed to the IRA who apparently had no leader at all for a significant period of the 1970s and 1980s..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Why is it that during all the years mothers and their babies were being condemned & imprisoned in "homes" there is not a single word, muchless condemnation, of the men who fathered these babies?
    Immaculate conceptions I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Eddie Hobbs does not seem to know that the current government has reduced the inheritance threshold down to € 225,000 and increased the charge from 20% to 33%.

So much for financial expertise...

Infoanon wrote: »
    Eddie Hobbs does not seem to know that the current government has reduced the inheritance threshold down to € 225,000 and increased the charge from 20% to 33%.

So much for financial expertise...

Eddie Hobbs another waffler ... whatever became of his property investment fund?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Callan57 wrote: »
    Eddie Hobbs another waffler ... whatever became of his property investment fund?

Ssshhhh we don't mention that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Where Is Brendan?

Dull enough this morning isnt it... I really dont care what any of these people think about the world cup.. Why didnt she ring Dunphy or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Marion says" poverty is endemic in Brazil I believe ", well researched Marion , broadcasters are supposed to do their research , this one is coasting now and really taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

And now we're talking about Spanish royalty :rolleyes:

And now we're talking about Spanish royalty :rolleyes:

The history of European monarchies.. I'd say even Myles Dungan is switching off.

The Queen hasn't slept with him for 35 years .... I just hope she's been sleeping with someone else :)

It wouldn't surprise me if colleges start offering degree courses in Roy Keane Studies soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Keane again. This time as a pundit.

This is really scraping the barrell stuff now,

Well-known football expert Noirin Hegarty giving us her tuppence worth. Is there anything that these people don't have an opinion on?

Whose idea was it to bring this particular group of people in and talk about football for the majority of the time.. Marion, none of these people know anything about football..

The show is getting worse by the week.. If RTE are gonna let it slip this much then they may as well bring somebody else in on 40k to present the show and at least save themselves a fortune on herself.

Whose idea was it to bring this particular group of people in and talk about football for the majority of the time.. Marion, none of these people know anything about football

Its a regular 15 to 20 minute filler most weeks now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Only caught the last 20 minutes today. But in what has been a great weekend for Irish sport it seems that Katie Taylor and Ballydoyle, only got a mention in passing. No mention of the rughby team's win either.

I know it's not a sports programme, but I reckon these are much more deserving as an item than the punditary exploits of a former footballer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Lapin wrote: »
    Only caught the last 20 minutes today. But in what has been a great weekend for Irish sport it seems that Katie Taylor and Ballydoyle, only got a mention in passing. No mention of the rughby team's win either.

I know it's not a sports programme, but I reckon these are much more deserving as an item than the punditary exploits of a former footballer.

I think Katie Taylor and her dad had a bit of a falling out with RTE over her fights not being shown on the channel.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/katie-taylors-dad-tells-rte-remove-golden-girl-from-advert-36763/

Im more surprised about the Rugby as the rugby stars have been on every show in RTE for the last while.

Most of the people in the media will be World Cup experts for the next month to show how in touch they are with the common people.:rolleyes:

Golden girl Katie’s dad and coach Peter Taylor pulled no punches as he accused the State broadcaster of swerving an obligation to viewers who have paid their €160 licence fee. Peter came out swinging after RTE confirmed it won’t show two big fights Katie (27) is competing in this weekend — despite the broadcaster making her a poster girl for its TV licence fee ads.

I think that article should be pulled never mind the ad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

I think that article should be pulled never mind the ad...

I missed the terrible puns on first read, couldnt find a better article. Strange that all the Irish papers are reluctant to report valid criticism of RTE ;)

What has to be faced is that Ireland was a theocracy & the minority Church of Ireland were also scared stiff of the ruling RC & desperate to fade into the background.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

And Marian couldn't make it today either, must be off at the Susan O'Keefe Summer School...

AIne playing the giggly girl is really painful

• Advertisement

Not the first time they'd dropped the book slot , instead we have the ubiquitous Nevan , he needs to move Cavan down to donnybrook .

As they were passing through Dalkey, I was sure that Pat Kenny was gonna board them and claim the barge as his property...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

squirm varadkar ya little weasel !

:D

They have Donnolly on the show.. great!!Sticky wicket for Leo here, I'm sure he privately agrees with Donnolly..

You really would wonder how seriously Labour Senators take the Senate when they dont bother going in so that they can provide support for their Leaving Cert sitting daughter... Can you imagine asking a private company for time off from your job for similar reasons..

They have Donnolly on the show.. great!!Sticky wicket for Leo here, I'm sure he privately agrees with Donnolly..

You really would wonder how seriously Labour Senators take the Senate when they dont bother going in so that they can provide support for their Leaving Cert sitting daughter... Can you imagine asking a private company for time off from your job for similar reasons..

I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference the old "I can't remember" will be the line & we'll be no wiser at the end of the day. Total waste of time IMO

Ah Stephen get down off the cross :eek:

• Advertisement

Ah Stephen get down off the cross :eek:

I think he's 100% right not to sit on the committee, and I agree that it really doesnt have any credibility now (inasmuch as it would have had any anyway with partizan politicians as members)... But he certainly is playing the martyr...

Stephen's problem seems to be with Enda actually telling the truth ... interesting! Now if only that could catch on and those involved in bankrupting the country would actually tell the truth - but I won't be holding my breath. :rolleyes:

So would Gerard Howlin be the sort of guy you could imagine as being the one who would a) stand up against such institutions or b) advising them how to keep the story out of the media.. what you think?

Thanks RTE for that mental image of Diarmuid Gavin sitting on the jacks reading Gardener's World.. :eek:

Well done Áine, I've been wondering for years why there is no Angelus on a Sunday .. now you have put me out of my misery & I can get back to wondering about the banking inquiry! :cool:

Stephen's problem seems to be with Enda actually telling the truth ... interesting! Now if only that could catch on and those involved in bankrupting the country would actually tell the truth - but I won't be holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Do you mean by Enda ' telling the truth ' that he admitted that he was rigging the enquiry ?

And people wonder why his handlers dont like him speaking off script ! The enquiry is now fatally flawed - watch now as one witness after anothers quotes Endas comments on the record in the Dail as a reason why they cannot answer the enquiries questions.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Do you mean by Enda ' telling the truth ' that he admitted that he was rigging the enquiry ?

And people wonder why his handlers dont like him speaking off script ! The enquiry is now fatally flawed - watch now as one witness after anothers quotes Endas comments on the record in the Dail as a reason why they cannot answer the enquiries questions.

Ah yes the good old Irish way "whatever you say say nothing" - everything would be OK if the handlers hadn't let Enda speak his mind!
    I just don't see what has changed just because Enda said "out loud" what we all knew to be the case anyway .... what hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Is that George from glenroe?

Is that George from glenroe?

I don't know but he's sending me to sleep ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Is Ainne on the booze, with all this childish giggling, I suppose it's a change from coughing and wheezing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Well done Áine, I've been wondering for years why there is no Angelus on a Sunday .. now you have put me out of my misery & I can get back to wondering about the banking inquiry! :cool:
    I missed it, so why is it?

I missed it, so why is it?

Apparently it's not needed on Sunday .... because we've all been to Mass this morning. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Missed this. was listening to Newstalk.
    Apparently Will Self, Leo Varadkar and Stephen Donnelly were on. Any good?

Oh god stop laughing Aine.. :-(

OH Dear God Áine ... what's with the laugh? You sound like a donkey there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

not verbatim, but there was an exchange along these lines:

Aine: Leo, have you ever consider becoming Minister for Health?

Will Self: You look fit and have a nice tan (as opposed to a unhealty looking British Minister for Health, that Will mentioned)

Leo: Well I am half-Indian

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

OH shut up Gerard you pretentious fop..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Thank God Will Self is gone: I couldn't take any more "Ha, ha, ha, you won't believe how silly we Irish can be, Token Brit" exchanges...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Oops69 wrote: »
    AIne playing the giggly girl is really painful

Delighted she went to News at 1 as I now never hear her on Morning Ireland.

Changed the dial when I heard her this morning and moved to BBC World Service, nice to hear Peter Day on In Business.:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭serfboard

Thank God Will Self is gone
    As painful as some of the Irish contributors to this programme can be, things must be bad when they have to resort to getting a very painful Brit on instead ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement