Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

serfboard wrote: »
    As painful as some of the Irish contributors to this programme can be, things must be bad when they have to resort to getting a very painful Brit on instead ...

You can't seriously expect the usual list of retired senior civil servants & retired senior gardai to be available in June - holiday villas calling :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Thank God Will Self is gone: I couldn't take any more "Ha, ha, ha, you won't believe how silly we Irish can be, Token Brit" exchanges...

He was actually on the documentary later that evening, giving the reporter a casual walking tour around London (in the same vein as Leopold Bloom). Particularly impressive given that he was most likely hung over after being down the Duck And Drake the previous night drinking cider with his beer bellied, tattoo wearing countrymen and singing lead on Three Lions and Vindaloo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

He was actually on the documentary later that evening, giving the reporter a casual walking tour around London (in the same vein as Leopold Bloom). Particularly impressive given that he was most likely hung over after being down the Duck And Drake the previous night drinking cider with his beer bellied, tattoo wearing countrymen and singing lead on Three Lions and Vindaloo...

I kinda enjoyed that, to be honest: a Londoner talking about London, something he could really engage with. What I find cringeworthy is the national broascaster's habit of wheeling on visiting forrdiners and figuratively sitting at their knee with bated breath to find out what half-baked opinion about the banking inquiry, say, they've managed to cobble together in the 24 hours they've been here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Brendan O' Carroll (Mrs Brown) will be covering for Marian at the end of the month. That could be interesting.

Brendan O' Carroll (Mrs Brown) will be covering for Marian at the end of the month. That could be interesting.

If he dresses up as Mrs Brown and coughs, nobody will notice.. Fairly risqué choice for RTE...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

Oh dear. Why? Apart from the fact that I can't stand his comedy (however nice a person he is and, as we're constantly being told, how much he "deserves" his success), he doesn't suit the style of the programme. Hang on...is this a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

No joke. He was being interviewed about the film yesterday and mentioned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Mrs Brown and Marian Finucane never spotted in the same place at the same time. Coincidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's going to be all over the place pushing this movie. I bet Duffy and Mooney will give him a show apiece. There was a full page ad in the UK Mirror TV guide at the weekend. A phone in competition to win tickets for the premiere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

sligojoek wrote: »
    He's going to be all over the place pushing this movie. I bet Duffy and Mooney will give him a show apiece. There was a full page ad in the UK Mirror TV guide at the weekend. A phone in competition to win tickets for the premiere.

The nightmare begins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

No fan of O Carroll but have no issue with him being given a chance to bring something different to the table.

If, however, he is going to use it as a promotional vehicle than the audience has been cheated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Ruth Buchanan played giddy giggly girl Lawlor on play back twice this morning doing her air headed routine , don't tell me they're going to replace Marion with this one, Marion has passed her sell by date but come on rte !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oops69 wrote: »
    Ruth Buchanan played giddy giggly girl Lawlor on play back twice this morning doing her air headed routine , don't tell me they're going to replace Marion with this one, Marion has passed her sell by date but come on rte !

Are you Rip Van Winkle? Ruth Buchanan retired about 10 years ago :D

I really like Áine Lawlor doing the news and serious stuff, but she fairly excelled herself in the giggly stakes in that clip alright.

(ETA, before someone else corrects me, RB only retired less than 4 years ago :eek:)

Is it this morning that O'Carroll is in for Marion?

Aíne Lawlor is presenting again today... *obligatory girlish giggle*

Wonder will the book slot be dropped without notice again today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Aine likes her flowers and gardens. Wouldn't mind if she had a few gardeners in would make a change from the chef slots Marion always has going

They just had a text in from Quasimodo... "You can keep ringing the bells if you stop Aíne from laughing"..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Jays is aine coming on to him ?

:D:D:D

Jays is aine coming on to him ?

:D:D:D

Not easy for any red-blooded woman not to - those eyes! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Better than the obligatory fag cough.

Christy Moore: "I'm thinking about the people who are outside, all the time they've taken to get there, and how I'm going to enjoy depriving them of an alcoholic beverage when they go inside"... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Finucane recharging her batteries, good for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Cash is king, folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

FFS Aine will you let the man finish a sentence.

This one's laugh is more annoying than Aine's.

I went looking for a picture of Chrissie Hynde, who Aíne said was "rocking it" last nite on Graham Norton... Google returns me with a pic of Cheryl Cole's a$$ with a giant tattoo ?? :eek::eek:

This one's laugh is more annoying than Aine's.

This is just too much ... three giggling women trying to out giggle each other. Think I'll go for a walk

I reckon this is payback time for blokes for all the world cup coverage.

• Advertisement

Marian wouldn't have stood for that guff.

These nature walks are all very well but they'd work a little bit better if it was on TV.

Just like Julie Andrews... The hills are alive with the sound of giggling..

Flowers flowers flowers.

A backdoor gardening slot.

Aine wins on the sly !

Yeah, I'd love that. Call round to someone's house and get served raw peas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The RTE van ran out of petrol?

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Are you Rip Van Winkle? Ruth Buchanan retired about 10 years ago :D

I really like Áine Lawlor doing the news and serious stuff, but she fairly excelled herself in the giggly stakes in that clip alright.

(ETA, before someone else corrects me, RB only retired less than 4 years ago :eek:)
    Sorry , the one who used to do Bosco , another Marion

I reckon the phone in that Ballymaloe place is always connected to a radio station and the Allens just take turns talking into it.

Lapin wrote: »
    I reckon the phone in that Ballymaloe place is always connected to a radio station and the Allens just take turns talking into it.

Apart from Tim ;)

Yeah but apparently not all the members of the family are allowed to answer the phone..

edit: fek ya anyway Harry :-)

Except when himself is 'busy ' on line!

• Advertisement

Apart from Tim ;)

I wonder is Tim seen around Ballymaloe or does he stay in the tower during the day only to emerge at night to make his creations in the kitchen?

After listening to that, I think I'll ring up Domino's for the nibbles and get 8 cans of Guinness for a tenner from Super Valu. Job done.

Ooh jolly bleeding hockey sticks , the kids making lemonade , what is this the Home Counties in the 1950s?

What we simply refer to as arts week is now known as The Galway International Arts Festival.

They have globalized the crusties.

"Nope not the weather forecast, some cheesy music"... LOL.. :p

Oh dear. The gremlins are out in force today.

All yer man had to say was 'Scorchio' and that was the weather sorted.

talking over the pips

"Gay Byrne on Enda Kenny's faith and approach to life"...

wtf? Did Gay Byrne get Enda to do one of the "One To One" programs?

Dunphy is in .... :-) :-)

The more Gay Byrne retires, the more vocal and visable he gets.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement