Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

A 'canAP' at a cocktail party. :)

Another 'Joeism'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

I went to see D'Movie last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it, laughed a lot.
    Cinema packed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Joe's favourite places in the world are Stockhullum, Per-hu, and Liz-bonnn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I was at a match yesterday and had to back to the car twice. Both times they were discussing Suarez. Just now I went to the shed for a smoke, turned on the radio and who are they talking about? Fu*king Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

Just tuned in... cannot believe my ears. What am I listening to?? Is it Liveline? Is it Marianne's show with Joe in the chair with BOC a guest?? :confused:

A dissenting voice from within RTE about Mrs Brown's Boyiz. Joe is apoplectic :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Joe is hosting the show now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Onto D'movie

There must be some sort of schizophrenic fit in the luvvie set over it as like the new transformers film no one gives a fuk what they think .

Areana getting a right mauling Herr .

Must stream it for a laugh !

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"I know allthat, I know all that."
    Repeat till ridiculous.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Joe , you're a guest ,he's trying to take over or this was probably set up, most likely the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,599 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I went to see D'Movie last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it, laughed a lot.
    Cinema packed.

Buffoon :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

RTE needs to put Duffy back in his box here.. Here he is knocking RTE's Arena for reviewing a movie that he himself worked on.... I heard the Arena review and they did not say the movie was racist or homophobic... they did criticise the stock China man character and stereotypical flaming gay character, more for being unoriginal than anything else.... But they did not call the film racist or homophobic ... and Joe should be forced to apologise for this incorrect assertion

It's like when Keane went on MUTV criticising his colleagues... And hopefully it will have the same result for Joe's contract..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,599 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Onto D'movie

There must be some sort of schizophrenic fit in the luvvie set over it as like the new transformers film no one gives a fuk what they think .

Areana getting a right mauling Herr .

Must stream it for a laugh !

:D

Despite what Joe said, Arena don't give films marks out of ten.

There were two panellists, one gave it 1/5 the other 0/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

Buffoon :P :D

A whole cinema full of buffoons!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Joe won't be invited to the arena christmas party in december.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Part of transcript of voicemail left on BOC's phone:

".....Hi Bren, Rory here, I was watching another carry on philm, so we'll have plenty of new material for next season's show, byyyeee!!!!!...."

sudzs wrote: »
    Just tuned in... cannot believe my ears. What am I listening to?? Is it Liveline? Is it Marianne's show with Joe in the chair with BOC a guest?? :confused:

The Mooney show! ;)

Despite what Joe said, Arena don't give films marks out of ten.

There were two panellists, one gave it 1/5 the other 0/5.

Joe doesn't let the facts get in the way of a rant.

Does the lawyer not have a brunch to go to, everyone else is shagging off after collecting their fees.

• Advertisement

I pity the poor sod who had to read through 90 million emails.

Oops69 wrote: »
    Does the lawyer not have a brunch to go to, everyone else is shagging off after collecting their fees.
    there's a few cream cakes left over from the G. Ryan budget

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Oh dear God Hanafin playing the "poor widow" card :rolleyes:

lol.. cos you're incapable of doing it yourselves.. that put the "poor widow" (on the 140k pension) back in her box...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

"girls, girls, girls, girls, girls...." :rolleyes:

I doubt BOC met many people called Sebastian growing up in Finglas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Mary Hanafin: "Don't mind the begrudgers"

I bet she said something similar after the 2011 election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Joe to BOC "did the program on your own time"

He did it for free? follow that Joe...

So Brendan didn't get paid for 2 hrs free advertising for himself ,says joe and were supposed to thank him , I really have a problem with joes moral focus .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ah Brendan you were doing so well, only to undo it all by signing off with a petty swipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Wouldn't it make you wonder when Hanafin gets so heated about a journo reporting what she ate for breakfast? Pity she cant get as worked up about the misery she was party to inflicting on so many people.

• Advertisement

I'm off to send an email to Sean Rocks.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

I'm off to send an email to Sean Rocks.. ;)

Sean...Our Hero :)

dvcireland wrote: »
    Anyone called that in Finglas would have ended up in the Tolka pretty quick

Callan57 wrote: »
    Oh dear God Hanafin playing the "poor widow" card :rolleyes:

That was so obvious! A bit like Joan Burton playing the sexist card on VB!! :(

dvcireland wrote: »

I love that name!!

Aidric wrote: »
    Ah Brendan you were doing so well, only to undo it all by signing off with a petty swipe.

Just saw him on the Graham Norton show. Was not impressed by him at all.
    He made quite a few petty swipes at Don Johnson. Mind you, it did not start
    well when Don Johnson asked if he and BOC spoke the same language as he
    could not understand him!! One of the snide remarks made by BOC seemed to
    bother Don Johnson as he said that it was not fair. :(

I see Marion is appearing on that show "Way To Go: Death And The Irish" on Tuesday night at 9.35pm... Ironically, her appearance on this show is the only evidence in the last five weeks that she hasnt in fact passed on herself.

You'd be forgiven at this stage for thinking that she was the sponsor of "The Marian Finucane Show" and not the presenter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

RTE needs to put Duffy back in his box here.. Here he is knocking RTE's Arena for reviewing a movie that he himself worked on.... I heard the Arena review and they did not say the movie was racist or homophobic... they did criticise the stock China man character and stereotypical flaming gay character, more for being unoriginal than anything else.... But they did not call the film racist or homophobic ... and Joe should be forced to apologise for this incorrect assertion

It's like when Keane went on MUTV criticising his colleagues... And hopefully it will have the same result for Joe's contract..

Indeed, and The Irish Times have picked him up on his casual re-imagining of the reviews

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/screenwriter/2014/06/29/brendan-ocarroll-gets-it-wrong-about-the-irish-times-on-marian/

Skid X wrote: »
    Indeed, and The Irish Times have picked him up on his casual re-imagining of the reviews

You can hear the Arena reviews on the podcast:
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/arena/podcasts/

Under Thursday 26th, click on Film Reviews and the film is the first reviewed. Now it turns out that the male contributor did use the term "casually racist" and "actually racist" in reference in to "the film"... i.e. the film is casually racist... The comment was made in a semi jocose manner which is why it didnt stick with me. From the way Duffy was talking it was as if the accusation was the centerpiece around which the criticism was based.

To be honest, I dont think any critic would be brave enough to say they liked the film even if they did, for fear they would become the laughing stock of their own profession. Sean Rocks,to be fair to him, does a good job of sitting of being objective, something Joe Duffy could take a lesson from.

Morning everyone... Anybody listening to The Business (on now, before Marion) talking about the whole Garth Brooks fiasco... this guy from Aitken Promotions... "I cant think of how I could have done anything differently"..... How about not selling tickets for a concert that you dont have permission for ????

Garth Brooks now refusing the first three gigs could be a big problem for Aitken Promotions. They can say that planning permission was refused for the last two gigs, so their disclaimer on the tickets about "planning permitting pending" will cover them for those two. But they DID have planning permission for the first three gigs, and it was the decision of Garth Brooks not to go ahead with these gigs. That could be played out in the courts.

• Advertisement

How long before Joan Burton gets a stupid giggle out of Aine , usually doesn't take much but it could be a challenge interviewing 'Moan'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

How long before Joan Burton gets a stupid giggle out of Aine , usually doesn't take much but it could be a challenge interviewing 'Moan'.
    Happened just as you posted!

"You could have been Hilary Clinton... ah ha ha ha ha"

There you go... :pac:

Not a man in sight today.... Turns out that Aine is more misandric that Marian herself.. Kind of reminds me of:

Oh god , they're off , mention make up or hair and it descends into giggle fest and then resentment for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Not a man in sight today.... Turns out that Aine is more misandric that Marian herself.. Kind of reminds me of:
    But how often are there all-male panels?
    Also, Joan Burton has just been elected leader of the Labour party, it's the first item in the show.
    You're being disingenuous.

Todays show is brought to you by the "return the lab party to gov " and the misandrists of Ireland society .

Jesus but this is a vomit inducing love in .

And what the hell is troling ?

And what the hell is troling ?

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic remarks..

Sort of like us really.. :D

Moan Burton living up to her name. I'm sick and tired of her playing the sexist card at every opportunity she gets.

• Advertisement

Yeah but what's a "trol" ?
    As Joan keeps saying .

Ah and on to special treatment for wimin in debates again . God forbid they take the same flak as anyone else .

I'm off this is beyond listening .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement