Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

So that was Vincent being sexist as opposed to Joan being rude??? If Joe Higgens had spoken over Joan Burton the way she had spoken over him, how would Aíne have treated that... sexism again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I can see how a senior nurse and a senior garda might be struggling. All those mortgages for all those houses that the guard bought during the boom must be taking its toll on the poor pauperised couple now :rolleyes:

I can see how a senior nurse and a senior garda might be struggling. All those mortgages for all those houses that the guard bought during the boom must be taking its toll on the poor pauperised couple now :rolleyes:

And then when you want to retire (in your late thirties), there's so much competition for the position of "resident ex garda contributor" on the radio phone in shows that it's hard to get a regular gig any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,948 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I'm getting fed up with this.
    When there's two guys having a chinwag, you don't hear them mentioning the fact they both own dicks.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

A lame duck leader of a lame duck party. Good riddance.

• Advertisement

"Wear sunglasses on the way home from work to get your body used to reduced light"...

I'm not sure the road safety authority would condone that sort of advice.. Surely if you dont want to crash, the best advice would be to have the clearest view of your surroundings so that you dont come into contact with any of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Morning everyone... Anybody listening to The Business (on now, before Marion) talking about the whole Garth Brooks fiasco... this guy from Aitken Promotions... "I cant think of how I could have done anything differently"..... How about not selling tickets for a concert that you dont have permission for ????

Garth Brooks now refusing the first three gigs could be a big problem for Aitken Promotions. They can say that planning permission was refused for the last two gigs, so their disclaimer on the tickets about "planning permitting pending" will cover them for those two. But they DID have planning permission for the first three gigs, and it was the decision of Garth Brooks not to go ahead with these gigs. That could be played out in the courts.

Accepting that The Business is always a cheer leader for any kind of business type I thought Aiken going on again & again about "nobody raising any problem with him" complete bullsh1t ... assuming he lives in the country how could he not know how the residents would react to 5 gigs being foisted on them .. how residents anywhere would react! The arrogance is breathtaking ... quite simply Aiken & the GAA think they are above having to consider anyones concerns or rights.

Did anyone notice that the lady from Vodafone prefixes every sentence with
    "So, ..." and she is a well rehersed waffler given an easy ride. She'll bring fibre to every house in the country ... yea like hell she will - "live horse and you'll get grass" comes to mind. Suddenly half way through the lingo changed to "if the taxpayer pays for it". Disingenuous to put it mildly.

Simple solution for this: Take a Halcion half an hour before you go to bed. Works for me. Better than all that cognitive behavioural bullsh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

News : ENda kenny is "looking forward to meeting Joan Burton" this week , that's a cue to his secretary to have the ear plugs ready.

A spokesman for Garth Brooks has said "Garth Brooks is taking his football and running away so that nobody can play football" because he didnt get his way..

• Advertisement

No one go tb from unpasteurised milk, brucellosis from cows,tetanus from thorns or polio from poor hygiene back then of course , lovely and all that this woman is , she's bonkers.

Oops69 wrote: »
    No one go tb from unpasteurised milk, brucellosis from cows,tetanus from thorns or polio from poor hygiene back then of course , lovely and all that this woman is , she's bonkers.

Amazing we made it through isn't it? :)

mary-beard.jpg?itok=r16d8ULh

The show is turning in to something like Victim Village on Newstalk..

So Brendan was covering for Aine, who was on holidays last week, who had been covering for Marion, who has been on holidays for the last two months.. You've got to love RTE...

Aine saying its " nice to do an all women show for a change " , is like saying its " nice " to bring in quotas for women in the Dail, she just negated all the feminist stuff over the last hour , it's amazing she didn't throw in a giggle , what an amateur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Aine saying its " nice to do an all women show for a change " , is like saying its " nice " to bring in quotas for women in the Dail, she just negated all the feminist stuff over the last hour , it's amazing she didn't throw in a giggle , what an amateur.

Nice to do an all white show for a change..........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

mikom wrote: »
    Nice to do an all white show for a change..........

jays dont mention the elephant in the room.

RTE LOVES multiculturalism and plurality . not ITS fault its the KKKs wet dream on the staffing front.

:D

Good Morning everybody ....

New statement from Garth Brooks.

"Blame it all on the kooks,
    I've hung up my boots,
    and cancelled my flight with RyanAir,
    The council says no,
    that there's be no show,
    And there's no way that I'm playing in Kildare".

^ Wasnt that a productive drive home from the gig last nite.. :D

How about this... The people who have tickets for the first three nights should form a group... They then get a solicitor and send a letter to Aitken Promotions saying something like "You have planning permission for three gigs, if the artist pulls out (of his own volition), then we're suing you"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Garthgate again today.

Garthgate again today.

It's great soap opera. A lot better than Fair City :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

"we are where we are.."

oh gawd, it's back to the future alright. :rolleyes:

Here's is the post on the Twitter machine from PJ Gallagher...

7zqkWN.jpg

Two things I've learned...
    1. Irish people really dont learn anything.
    2. PJ Gallagher cant use a camera...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Rumour has it there'll be plenty of cheap houses up near croke park soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Lapin wrote: »
    In fairness it can be difficult to stay on topic when the topic has been away for the last month.

Bunkum; she's back this morning.................... oh wait.......

Aíne gives me a pain in my a$$... now it's the fault of men in general that a stupid girl blows 20 men in Spain thinking she's gonna win a holiday... Why should the focus be on the men, the girl had a choice and made her choice of her own free will.... I mean you either want equality or you dont?

If aine is going to do international politics she needs to get real experts on the show , instead of this tuppenny Hapeeny shower giving their opinions as if is a south Dublin dinner party , otherwise stick to local stuff if she can't get proper experts .

I was out walking but did I really hear someone on the panel quote that great guru of prediction - Jim Power?????? Sincerely hope it was a glitch on the headphones :mad:

• Advertisement

Hope to god there's subtitles tomorrow night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

De Peroooo two

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Im so glad they spent some valuable time on the situation in the North .
    i cant explain how concerned i am, about what will happen to all these Nordie Dopes when someone actually stops paying attention to them.
    When will they ever learn, no one else gives a damn about them and their childish so called problems.
    Get over it and move on with your sad lives

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

She should have being banged up before she ever left the north.

For crimes against hairstyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

now our license fee gets spent discussing what happens to British citizens who were caught drug smggling in Peru

now our license fee gets spent discussing what happens to British citizens who were caught drug smggling in Peru

I saw the ad for this and I was shocked at the tone of the documentary... They were being treated as if they were innocent.. And Aíne is doing the same now... If they were two guys, the whole tone of this conversation would be completely different.

Now she mentions how devastating drugs are, having defended two drug mules in the previous section... A small bit of consistency please Aíne..

• Advertisement

The Geldof interview with Lorraine... I'm looking after ye today.. :pac:

The girl has pleaded guilty , all this sympathy for the girl is an insult to the Peruvian nation , I say well done Peru for catching the little wrap , she still going to be out back enjoying Ibiza before she's even 25.

Is it possible for any RTÉ programme to discuss the 2014 World Cup in Brazil without bringing Ireland in Italia 90 into the discussion at some point ?

I don't thik it is. And people cringe anout the English harking back to 1966.

At least they won the damn thing.

I'm surprised Aine didn't blame the big brutish nasty druggie men for leading that poor Irish cailin astray.

Oh here we go again , isn't it the greatest sport in the world , the friendly rivalry between , the counties , change the record ffs, we know dat, we know dat as joe duffy would say .

• Advertisement

I have to turn down the volume everytime that clip is played.

It annoys the hell out of me and doesn't suit radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Never too young for politics :rolleyes:

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Anyone loosing hope for the future listening to these children , same ****e ahead of us , I'm gone .

Anyone loosing hope for the future listening to these children , same ****e ahead of us , I'm gone .

You're in bad form today... What's up?

You're in bad form today... What's up?

The troll yesterday really upset me :D

This Alan Kelly lad has an awful high opinion of himself... He's not restrained by inhibiting characteristics like humility and modesty.

How many more times will he mention that "I have been speaking to the Tánaiste this morning".... i.e. I'm a really important lad if the second in charge will speak to me on a Sunday morning..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Couldn't take it.
    Turned over to radio 2 and Dave Fanning was interviewing Pierce Turner.
    Nice interview, a few digs, no blather and a half decent song at the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Aine wrecks my head.

I was certain that the shock of seeing Marian Finucane back in the studio would have put David Norris back in the hospital...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,558 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I love David Norris!

He's brilliantly irreverent, and always a breath of fresh air.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement