Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marian Finucane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I was certain that the shock of seeing Marian Finucane back in the studio would have put David Norris back in the hospital...

It nearly put me there - for a terrible moment I thought I'd woken up in Sept. Big changes in RTE, teacher holidays thing of the past.

Much as I love David Norris, to be ill & in a ward with him would be my idea of a living hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bloody hell man get on with it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

well dorris can now legitimately collect his disability pension from trinity after 10yrs collecting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Marion dispatched David when he mentioned the libel actions quicker than Joe DUffy dumps a caller who doesn't fit his agenda.

Has Marion been living in a cocoon or a convent for the last 20 years , she seems genuinely shocked .

Oh God Mary Coughlan again ... haven't we had all this already on Liveline?
    "The zeal of the convert" - can't listen to this whinging all over again, I'm off for my walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

you don't get fired out of your apartment by your mates unless you did something serious

thought this aul one used to be very fond of the drop

poacher turned gamekeeper it would seem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

More anti - men diatribe from Misandrian Finucane... Marion, they didnt force the girl to give oral sex to 30 men... She, of her own volition made the decision, all by herself... I mean, dont give bl*wjobs to 30 strangers, who knew?? .. You cant spend 90% of your show talking about equal rights, and then make every bad decision a woman makes the responsibility of men..

And Mary Coughlan talking to us about the dangers of alcohol and the lack of parental responsibility... I remember her reciting a story she told where she left her kids alone and walked down to the offy for a 2 litre of vodka..

Yeah Mary , the young Wans want to " walk around the old walls", did you not check where you're 'child ' was going in the first place before you forked out for it , also the ' lost or stolen money' charade , have heard that from many a young fell back from Bangkok!,yeah right .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Listening to Mary Coughlan complaining about drunken debauchery is the biggest laugh I've had in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

You know you are getting old when Mary Coughlan is on the radio complaining about "antics".

I'd say Mary would have killed for one of those bands in her day , deep down subconsciously she's raging she's not 18 again .

I'd say there's was some turnaround in the Coughlan house over the last few weeks...

three weeks ago:
    "Cian, please dont go on that holiday, please dont go on that holiday".

one day ago:
    "Mammy, please dont go on the radio, please dont go on the radio. "

The young lad must be unbelievably mortified, I'd say he'll never leave the house again never mind leave the country..

Vodka for €4 a litre with bits of metal in it. Yeah right.

Stupid woman.

Angelus used appropriately for once , don't think the brethren will be too impressed

• Advertisement

The rednecks are revolting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

And then, Ted, you know, I used 10 Litres, Ted, and then Ted, I used 5 Litres...
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    And then, Ted, you know, I used 10 Litres, Ted, and then Ted, I used 5 Litres...

Very interesting , so is train-spotting, I suppose we need guys like this to do the ****e we couldn't be arsed about .

Jaysus this is dull.. Could they not have just let us download the spreadsheet from the website..

Did she read a book from Cork? , no , sorry you failed love , do try again.

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    Did she read a book from Cork? , no , sorry you failed love , do try again.

She tried but she couldn't understand the accent..

I looked up my calendar, and as far as I'm aware it's not "National Slap Yourself On The F**king Back" Day, is it?

I do work for solicitors, it seems like an awful job.. stuck in an hot sweaty office all day, talking to stubborn people about petty squabbles..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Paddy Constable

I'd say there's was some turnaround in the Coughlan house over the last few weeks...

three weeks ago:
    "Cian, please dont go on that holiday, please dont go on that holiday".

one day ago:
    "Mammy, please dont go on the radio, please dont go on the radio. "

The young lad must be unbelievably mortified, I'd say he'll never leave the house again never mind leave the country..

Say he was mortified all right...Magaluffe = drunkeness an debauchery..who does not know that ...and let's their son / dgt go there on a student binge.

Possibly only a self centered publicity seeking cow. ?

Hmmmm ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

How about taking it at face value?

1. Teenage lad goes off on what he thinks will be a fun holiday; things go badly, and he gets into a difficult situation; he phones mother for help; mother comes to his rescue.

2. Mother cops on that she had not understood what a young person's holiday in Magaluf could be like; she supposes that many other parents might be equally unaware; because she has a public profile, she has the capacity to get the story out; so she publicises things as a warning to other parents.

The fact that she has been open about her own past troubles has little relevance to this story.

I wonder if she's got a new album coming out shortly.........?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Paddy Constable

How about taking it at face value?

1. Teenage lad goes off on what he thinks will be a fun holiday; things go badly, and he gets into a difficult situation; he phones mother for help; mother comes to his rescue.

2. Mother cops on that she had not understood what a young person's holiday in Magaluf could be like; she supposes that many other parents might be equally unaware; because she has a public profile, she has the capacity to get the story out; so she publicises things as a warning to other parents.

The fact that she has been open about her own past troubles has little relevance to this story.

Hey buddy ..quit takin the pish ..ok >

"What he thinks will be a fun holiday"..what planet has you been on Bud ? EVERY teen knows what goes on in Magaluffe and Santa Ponsa.

Mother cops on....this mother that made a career of being a "free spirit" a "wild child" ?

Hey man cut me some freekin slack !

She has a tour coming up pal....betcha ...betcha !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The kid got robbed and needed his mother to get a passport.
    The vitriol dished out on the radio forums is frankly shocking I must say.

Are you suggesting that things did not go wrong for the young lad? That is was all a contrivance so that his mother could garner publicity for herself?

While EVERY teen might have an image of what goes on in Magaluf, many parents don't, and Mary Coghlan made it reasonably clear that she wanted to make parents more aware.

• Advertisement

Mary Coughlan has always come across to me as being a worldy woman. Now, unless she's been living in a convent for the last 20 or 30 years, it's stretching things a bit to think she had no idea of what goes on in Magaluf. Either that, or she quite likes to be in the public eye.......

kneemos wrote: »
    Who said she "phoned up Newstalk"?

Picky.
    It smells a bit, to me.

Oh look, here we go...
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/singer-mary-coughlan-tells-how-3275180
    Perhaps you'd like to enquire of me how the Irish Mirror got to know of it? Maybe it's their psychic powers?

Picky.
    It smells a bit, to me.

Oh look, here we go...
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/singer-mary-coughlan-tells-how-3275180
    Perhaps you'd like to enquire of me how the Irish Mirror got to know of it? Maybe it's their psychic powers?

You seem determined to be begrudging and vindictive so it's probably pointless trying to reason.

Oh look, here we go...
    And what is the relevance of this?

You seem determined to be begrudging and vindictive so it's probably pointless trying to reason.
    And what is the relevance of this?

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
    Be happy.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
    Be happy.
    So what is the relevance of the piece you linked?

So what is the relevance of the piece you linked?

Perhaps it serves to illustrate the fact that Mary Coughlan ain't happy unless she's inflicting every single minute detail of her tawdry life upon the Irish public - the majority of whom couldn't give a sh!t.

I think I get it now: because Mary Coughlan is a very open person, all she merits is contempt, and anybody who thinks that what she says might be worth thinking at face value is deluded.

• Advertisement

I think the most shocking thing about this story is that Mary Coughlan passed by a 1 litre bottle of vodka marked 4 Euro.....

I think the most shocking thing about this story is that Mary Coughlan passed by a 1 litre bottle of vodka marked 4 Euro.....

Why?? She doesn't drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Good to hear Marion back. :-)

I will never listen to Aine.:-(

The health ministry will either be the job that makes Leo the next leader of Fine Gael and potential TAoiseach or Enda may see the appointment as revenge best served cold. He's not giving Varadker much time to sort things out , just over 2 years is not enough time especially when he's dealing with the might of the behemoth of the hse and the health unions especially Siptu.

Well done Marion in shutting up the waffler, more of that please .

Love to hear a TV or Radio debate without a SF representative.

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    Well done Marion in shutting up the waffler, more of that please .

There's more that one waffler on that panel :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Love to hear a TV or Radio debate without a SF representative.

Ya. Let's stiffle other voices not feeding us the FG/FF/LAB shire!

It must be refreshing for Ciara Kelly to be having a proper adult conversation on the radio. Makes a change from having to deal with Dumb and Dumber on Newstalk on Friday evenings.

Is that the best that Barry Devlin can do? Could he not have told us what preparations were involved in the recent Horslips gigs maybe so we might understand what went wrong? No, of course Barry Devlin wants to be the funny man again.... he really contributes nothing to the panel shows at this stage..

The Garth fiasco just goes to prove that Ireland just can't deal with extended periods of sunshine

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement